Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

oh dear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:nervous: well last night we all went out for a my friends birthday and had the best time of my life apart from kissing my best friend and talking about us being "together" see everyone tells us we should be together etc, so me and him we're talking and joking about it then we suddenly kissed !!! then today we were talking but there seemed a slight awkardness (if thats a word) , i mean i do really like him and i wouldn't mind taking it to the next level but i don't want it to ruin our friendship as we are really close, but i just don't know what to do, so i thought i'll come and tell you guys as no one know's about what happened apart from me and him obvisouly ! and i needed to tell some one as its starting to do my head in as io can't stop thinking about it !

Comments

• Options
    Hmm... Well, first of all you have to make a decision: Will you try it or leave it.
    first on: you won't be satisfied with leaving it, I reckon. There is always the nagging feeling that you wish you tried. If it's possible at all, it would be an darn hard way back to see nothing more than a friend in him.

When you try to bring it to next level there are two different ways how - at least I - would have to decide how to do it.
    Either invite him, have a cool evening with cooking (cooking together is big fun), then a movie, with blankets and a bit of cuddling. It's piece of cake to make a step, or let him make a step onto you.

oooor, just talk to him. you have to decide: words or action. You should tell him that the friendship is really inportant to you, but recently you feel attracted by him and you would like to know how he feels about it, and if you should try to take it to the next level with caution so the friendship won't get harmed.

In my opinion: relationships that have been good friendships before are the best... (if they work out ofc.)
  • Options
    Every friend I've seen as possible relationship material, it's been taken further, fallen to bits and the friendship is fucked.

That aint to say it won't work for you, but you basically have to decide whether it's worth going for, in the long run.

Better to have a fab friendship that's based on two people being mega fond of each other, than an awkward friendship based on the ruins of a failed relationship.
  • Options
    i'd say go for it....otherwise there is always this nagging feeling that maybe, it should have been more. plus, if the situation continues to escalate - ie one or both of you begins to feel it strongly - your friends are likely to notice and then it's no longer on your terms.

but then i have a biased opinion as one of my dearest friends and I have been together and madly in love for 8 months now. so i would say, try it, and no regrets :blush:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    StrubbleS wrote:
    oooor, just talk to him. you have to decide: words or action. You should tell him that the friendship is really inportant to you, but recently you feel attracted by him and you would like to know how he feels about it, and if you should try to take it to the next level with caution so the friendship won't get harmed.

:yes: this sounds like a wise course of action. As you are such close friends, it's likely that this guy really cares about you so is probably as keen to straighten things out as you are. Good luck ;)