Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thank god I'm not Asian

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    He is the original poster.
    No good old jim v was referring to me. Because I said to the op, "There is no cause for killing innocent people. Your a moron if you think so."

I obviously rubbed Jim v up the wrong way saying that.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Well I'm sorry your an idiot. I said there is no excuse for killing innocent people. But according (to you) there is.

No you didn't - you said nothing caused people to kill innocent people. Of course nothing justifies killing innocent people - but something caused them to start doing it.

Pretending there isn't any reason why people do such disgusting things - however hard to understand - means there is no way to try and stop them doing it in the future.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    No you didn't - you said nothing caused people to kill innocent people. Of course nothing justifies killing innocent people - but something caused them to start doing it.

Pretending there isn't any reason why people do such disgusting things - however hard to understand - means there is no way to try and stop them doing it in the future.
    I'm not pretending anything. I said, "There is no cause for killing innocent people", my point what I'm trying to get across is those people on the trains didn't deserve to die. If the terrorists were really trying target the government, why not blow a govermant building up? Even though that would still be as evil thing to do, as many innocent people would have still died. They are using excuses just to kill innocent people. That failed attempt to blow the passenger planes up, was there any government officials on that plane? No, there motives were to kill innocent people.
  • Options
    Absolutely, I'm not saying they had a good cause, or acceptable reasons - it's a revolting, disgusting thing to kill innocent people. I'm just saying that they had a reason they believed for their actions - they didn't just wake up and decide to do it for no reason.

Understanding that reason is the only way to stop it. because otherwise your never dealing with the root causes of a problem, just trying to dealing with the symptoms.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Understanding that reason is the only way to stop it. because otherwise your never dealing with the root causes of a problem, just trying to dealing with the symptoms.

Ain't that always how it is though!:yes:
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    If the terrorists were really trying target the government, why not blow a govermant building up? Even though that would still be as evil thing to do, as many innocent people would have still died. They are using excuses just to kill innocent people. That failed attempt to blow the passenger planes up, was there any government officials on that plane? No, there motives were to kill innocent people.

Typically the operating principle of terrorism is that if you make the general population fearful of being killed they'll either capitulate or destroy themselves.
  • Options
    how about the civilians in gaza that die from israeli missiles?

are they less innocent as those that died in the tube?

we are still failing to see or hear what these disenfranchised political demogrpahic, if you like, are saying.

our short memories have forgotten that before women found so called justice and equality here, they had to hurl themselvs in front of carriages and horses.