Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ugh co op suck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My second post in about a week moaning about my job.... sorry!

Does anyone else work for the co op and got a notice on there pay slip saying that from yesterday we'd be getting an extra 5% discount for 2 weeks? Because 2 days into this and we in our shop are still getting 10%. Grrr i want some cheap cheap alcohol.
Why bother saying they'll do this if they don't?

And what's actually a whole load worse is that my mate got underpaid around 4/5 hundred pounds this month.

They suck!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At least you got a job there. They made me fill out a questionnaire, then rang me up to tell me I done it wrong & I wouldn't get the job.

How the fuck do you feel out a questionnaire of yes & no wrong? :confused:
    We get 15% discount as standard anyway. Go to your nearest Co-op and try your discount card there. Your card will be valid in any store within your region, eg if you work for Midcounties Co-op (like I do) your card will be valid in any other Midcounties Co-op. See if the discount is working there! It could be that it's not working in any store. The head office of the Co-op is a bit stupid really.
    My second post in about a week moaning about my job.... sorry!

Does anyone else work for the co op and got a notice on there pay slip saying that from yesterday we'd be getting an extra 5% discount for 2 weeks? Because 2 days into this and we in our shop are still getting 10%. Grrr i want some cheap cheap alcohol.
    Why bother saying they'll do this if they don't?

And what's actually a whole load worse is that my mate got underpaid around 4/5 hundred pounds this month.

They suck!

getting underpaid about £100 or more in a week sounds rather scary:eek2:
    i work for co-op and ive not had anything like that. we dont get discount anyway, just extra staff points on our dividend cards
    i work for co-op and ive not had anything like that. we dont get discount anyway, just extra staff points on our dividend cards
    You don't get discount?! I thought things would be the same for all staff but it seems it varies alot. That absolutely sucks you don't get discount. And the points system is crap, you get no record of how many points you're accumulating so co-op can just say you've got however many points they want. If they even contact you, i've had more than one person come in the shop saying they've had the card over a year and never heard anything about it.
    If it makes people feel better, when I was working at Argos I was paid £3.30 an hour, with 5% staff discount.
    You don't get discount?! I thought things would be the same for all staff but it seems it varies alot. That absolutely sucks you don't get discount. And the points system is crap, you get no record of how many points you're accumulating so co-op can just say you've got however many points they want. If they even contact you, i've had more than one person come in the shop saying they've had the card over a year and never heard anything about it.
    In Midcounties Co-op, when you use your SuperDividend card on a transaction, your receipt is printed with your card number and the amount of points earnt in that transaction. Which region of Co-ops do you work in?
    When I worked for the Co-Op when I was at school I got a 10% discount card but it didnt work on fags and things BOO!!!

But they are indeed bastards, they never paid me for about 6 months worth of Sundays, because they were always overtime and my supervisor didnt write them down.

Fuck the lot of them.
    it prints out on the bottom of our receipts how many points you got and how much you have to spend on your card. in our shop anyway. i work for lincolnshire co-op
    people always seem to go on about getting underpaid on here? especially in part time jobs...

do you people not check your pay slips? and if its been missed do you not try and sort it out? if i didnt get paid properly i'd be going off my head at everyone i needed to until it was sorted out.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    koe_182 wrote:
    people always seem to go on about getting underpaid on here? especially in part time jobs...

do you people not check your pay slips? and if its been missed do you not try and sort it out? if i didnt get paid properly i'd be going off my head at everyone i needed to until it was sorted out.
    well said!

if i had noticed there was a problem in my pay, i would have complained about it any a very loud way to whoever was responsible, as i have done many times before...theyre not psychic, they have hundreds of staff, and cant be expected to no all the ins and outs of everyones payment problems without being informed!
    as with discount etc, you should have been informed properly, either during an interview or training on any extra benefits you will receive.
    Well obviously my mates informed our manager of getting underpaid, but as far as i know she hasn't gone any further.

I live in the Midlands is that mid counties co op? I don't know what region we're in but it definately has no mention of your points earned on your reciept, or when you scan the cards, nothing comes up on the screen (unless it hasn't worked).

And yeah I check my pay slips but I just think 'that looks about right' because i haven't kept track of my hours. Now I'm a bit worried about how much i may have been underpaid since i've been there, and i'm not the only one.

:banghead:
    Start keeping track of what hours you do. Do you have an electronic clocking in machine? If so, keep a notebook and write down the exact times you clock in and out. Also, ask your manager to print off the Time and Attendance sheet that tells you how many hours you have done that week. All stores should have one of those. We've only just got ours recently, because of our new manager. Our old manager was trying to fiddle people out of their wages.
    I bought some co-op pinapple juice today to quench my thirst whilst playing football, it tasted nice
    Fresh juice? 3 for £2.50 in my shop :D
    \
    tesco beats co-op any time. :razz:
    I used to work for the Co-op when I was at school, I think I had a 10% discount casrd, but it dosent work on fags :grump:
    Co-op does not really compare to the likes of Tesco and Sainsbury's.
    Tis not spam :p
    Tis not spam :p

I wonder how much a tin of Spam is in the Co-Op?! :p
    Less with my discount :p