Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

BEING AROUND GUYS

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 16 & never had a boyfriend. I've been told I'm a nice person and a good listener, I'm fun loving and I'm not absolutily hidiouse (sorry 'bout me spelling).
My problem is that I'm quite shy and I try to distance myself from people I like because I'm afraid of getting hurt.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not an ugly frigid cow, I just don't know anyone who'd suit me and even if I met them I know I'd loose my confidence.
I don't want a clingy relationship, or a shallow sex relationship. I want someone who'll listen and be there for me.
But what do guys like in a relationship?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I guess for me it's much the same. I'm 16m and never had a gf. But I've seen how people can get messed around, how they can think they're in love when they're not and do stupid things for what they call love. As much as I would like to have someone to hold, to be there for me, to give my love to, I know that I'm better off waiting for that person than going with girls that are slappers or just looking for a simple relationship.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    WOW, you've just mirrored my post 'identity crisis'!

It's such a problem, all i can think of is all lads our age are after blond bimbo airheads who will sleep with them, however, i'm hoping that when they grow up, they will get over this stage and go for someone with a bit of intelligence.

Good luck, you sound like a sussed person, and someone will respect that one day!

"some rarely touch it but it touches them often." Stanley, Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams