Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfrend has recently asked me to marry him! I'm 17 and he's the same age! We've been going out for over a year! So when he asked i said "yes"!! My mum&his parents are happy about this BUT my dad has got upset over this!! He sayz i am rushing into thingz! I've told the if we get married it will be in the future but he just doesn't understand! Can someone help!! What can i say to my dad to make him understand!

Comments

• Options
    You're too young at 17 in my opinion. You're still developing and you aint gone through enough shit to be wise enough. it wont be until uve gone through loads of shit relationships that u get wiser. Trust me, you will get bored with him and go out on the pull at some friends for someting more of a challenge.

Your father is right.
  • Options
    ditto
  • Options
    If you think you're meant to be together for the rest of your lives, then what's the rush?? Why do you need to get married right now? If things are supposed to be then it won't matter if you get married in a few instead, stay together if you want but - go out, have fun, be young, experience all the stuff you're supposed to and save adult life for when you're older. Otherwise you might regret it later.
  • Options
    Totally agreed Trance. Well put! LoL

Smile :)
  • Options
    Don't mean to be a sheep, but I'd have to agree with the opinion of this board. You're too young. Adulthood is not something you want to move into too soon.

If you're so secure in your relationship, tell you bf that you want to experience other types of relationships, but always you'll love him over someone else.

Basically permissable cheating, but what the hey.

Enough.
  • Options

If you really want to get engaged! Then before anything happens you should let your dad know!Cause he'll probably be the 1 walking you down the asile! If he isn't happy then wait till your a bit older! Your only 17, if its gonna last wait till your a bit older!
  • Options
    I totally agree with every1 so far.. but if u really want 2 get engaged, y dont u tell your dad tha u are going to have a long engagement and tht u purely want to make your relationship be seen as being more commited.

Good luck

P.s My sis is 13 and engaged (lol.. stupid girl, she also has been given a gold and diamond ring from her boyf!) the thing is if u get engaged too young it makes u seem immature and like u dont know what u r doing.. this might b what your dad is thinking.

xxx Mia xxx
  • Options
    'Da Fuck? You have a fucked up family Mia.

You're going out with a 44 year old, you're sis is engaged. You got some problems coming your way girl!