Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thank god I'm not Asian

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I do believe that Muslims them selves have an inner conflict which they can only solve them selves. Sadly many are in denial but the only way to show the true spirit of Islam is to root out this extremism that is making life for every day Muslims not good! Muslims have the extremists to blame.
  • Options
    you know, its titles of threads like these that could get the O.P a in a whole lot of bother...

But I do feel sorry for them cause if anything goes wrong anywhere in the world, there gonna be the prime suspects. No thanks to Bush or the Media....
  • Options
    we are drip fed everyday that muslims are our enemy ...of course people will be jumpy and irrationalo.
    recently i joked to my wife as we were boarding a plane that i would hold any guy with a beard in a headlock for the entire journey.
    if we had been taught to fear the chinese ...we would have the same problem.
    we are being conditioned to be fearful of a certain group ...so how do you think the general public are supposesd to act?
  • Options

But I do feel sorry for them cause if anything goes wrong anywhere in the world, there gonna be the prime suspects. No thanks to Bush or the Media....
    It is thanks to Islamic extremists that use aeroplanes to blow up innocents so there it is bound to result in the current climate. This is thanks to the extremists only. Muslims have a problem - they must face up to it.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    It is thanks to Islamic extremists that use aeroplanes to blow up innocents so there it is bound to result in the current climate. This is thanks to the extremists only. Muslims have a problem - they must face up to it.
    in the current state of the world, muslims aren't being encouraged to deal with that problem.

If you're in a group of people that is being profiled by the general public because that group is associated with extremists, which way would you be inclined to turn? Would you make an effort to get rid of the extremist group, or would you be more inclined to trun against the people descriminating against you?

Of course when I say "you" I'm talking more about people in general. It's been my experience that people in general will aline closer to an extremist group if they are being descriminated against.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    . Muslims have a problem - they must face up to it.
    isn't that a bit like saying catholics have a problem cos of the ira ...and the cathoilics should deal with it?
  • Options
    isn't that a bit like saying catholics have a problem cos of the ira ...and the cathoilics should deal with it?

can i just say you have just made a little point here. Its ok for you to make reference about Catholics but if you had mentioned muslim and muslims deal with whatever then everyone would have been on your back.

edited cos I cant spell.
  • Options
    This will only bring back the debate of is the IRA conflict the same as the current conflict. I don't think it is. They have similarites but they're largely different.

BUt on the whole, Catholics should have booted out the extremists in away Muslims have too.
  • Options
    in the current state of the world, muslims aren't being encouraged to deal with that problem.

If you're in a group of people that is being profiled by the general public because that group is associated with extremists, which way would you be inclined to turn? Would you make an effort to get rid of the extremist group, or would you be more inclined to trun against the people descriminating against you?
    I'd actually have a think of the reason why profiling is taking place.
    Then I would to my best and combat the evil ideology that was making me look like a criminal.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    This will only bring back the debate of is the IRA conflict the same as the current conflict. I don't think it is. They have similarites but they're largely different.

BUt on the whole, Catholics should have booted out the extremists in away Muslims have too.
    it's the same as in it being terrorism ...but the irish were never this good at it.
    catholics should have booted them out of what and to where?
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    can i just say you have just made a little point here. Its ok for you to make reference about Catholics but if you had mentioned muslim and muslims deal with whatever then everyone would have been on your back.

edited cos I cant spell.
    i'll make a bigger point ...if theres any truth in some of these islama fascists wanting islamic law to rule our nation ...i'll be purchasing a kal;ashnikov and training to kill blokes with beards.
  • Options
    it's the same as in it being terrorism ...but the irish were never this good at it.
    Partly true, but ther ideologies of the terrorists are very different.
    catholics should have booted them out of what and to where?
    To the authorities. I mean, report the, but to who? Not really sure. I'm being quite vague, sorry. :confused:
  • Options
    i'll make a bigger point ...if theres any truth in some of these islama fascists wanting islamic law to rule our nation ...i'll be purchasing a kal;ashnikov and training to kill blokes with beards.
    I know none of you are going to believe me but I'll state it anyway and be as brief as possible.

I was clubbing last night. An asian came up to my mate and said Muslims will take over one day - or something like that anyway, not in them words.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I know none of you are going to believe me but I'll state it anyway and be as brief as possible.

I was clubbing last night. An asian came up to my mate and said Muslims will take over one day - or something like that anyway, not in them words.
    he was on crack.
  • Options
    he was on crack.
    I hope so.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I'd actually have a think of the reason why profiling is taking place.
    Then I would to my best and combat the evil ideology that was making me look like a criminal.
    like I said though, I didn't mean it in the context of you personaly, I meant peope in general. I worded it poorly.
  • Options
    to comment on the guy that said that whites dont pull the race card.

i have witnessed many times white youths in south africa calling the black police racists and fascists and that.
  • Options
    although it seems that there are varying points of views expressed here, it is apparent that the views a playing on the same side of the coin. its all about the muslims have to root out extremists and that.

does anyone even consider whats causing islamic extremists? no!

although the extremists are bad people, there is a cause for all this.

dont you see that this is why these people have resulted to such shock tactics, because they need to be heard. and apparently, looking at whats being expressed here, no one has heard em yet.
  • Options
    sk8er boi wrote:
    although it seems that there are varying points of views expressed here, it is apparent that the views a playing on the same side of the coin. its all about the muslims have to root out extremists and that.

dont you see that this is why these people have resulted to such shock tactics, because they need to be heard. and apparently, looking at whats being expressed here, no one has heard em yet.
    There is no cause for killing innocent people. Your a moron if you think so.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    There is no cause for killing innocent people. Your a moron if you think so.
    this is how limited your point of view is. you see people dying in our backyard, you say its abominable. you see people dying in gaza, you say its colalteral. youre a moron you moron.
  • Options
    No he isn't - it's an absolutely bizarre idea to claim that there is no cause for anything. Terrorism doesn't just happen for no reasons - that's like saying the sun comes up, simply because it does.

Things happen because of reasons, and the idea of calling someone a moron because they want to debate a reason why on a DEBATE board is unacceptable.

There is a cause for everything - what there isn't is a justification or an excuse for everything. Trying to understand somethin doesn't mean you condone it - but do you really think there is any hope for the world if everyone had your viewpoint HIT?

You can't deal with a problem if you think it's caused by nothing.
  • Options
    sk8er boi wrote:

Stop giving them excuses. They are murdering innocently people deliberately spreading their evil ideology. Yeah they're murdering for a reason but one we as the international community disagree with.
  • Options
    sk8er boi wrote:
    this is how limited your point of view is. you see people dying in our backyard, you say its abominable. you see people dying in gaza, you say its colalteral. youre a moron you moron.

And try to avoid insulting people back, it destroys debate and means you're as bad as the original poster.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Stop giving them excuses. They are murdering innocently people deliberately spreading their evil ideology. Yeah they're murdering for a reason but one we as the international community disagree with.

And how do you attempt to stop something without knowing what the reason is? It doesn't mean you accept blame, but without understanding there can never be any change.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    And how do you attempt to stop something without knowing what the reason is? It doesn't mean you accept blame, but without understanding there can never be any change.
    The dominant ideology is to spread Islam and the Islamic law. What's the reason for this? Bceuase they disagree with Western life style and democracy?
  • Options
    Simplicity is no man's friend when lives are being lost each day. The aims of a person aren't what sits within their hearts, or the reasons that they have come to see the world in a certain way. I don't believe anyone is born with the intention to hurt or kill another person, or with hatred for their fellow man.

To assume knowledge only leads to prejudice, and to refuse to see other possibilities, because of an assumption that your knowledge is perfect only blinds us to what we may have missed.
  • Options
    sk8er boi wrote:
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    but do you really think there is any hope for the world if everyone had your viewpoint HIT?
    Well I'm sorry your an idiot. I said there is no excuse for killing innocent people. But according (to you) there is. I dont know how you think you can debate over innocent people dieing? Those children that got killed on the trains, did they have anything to do with a government decision? Did anyone for that fact? There were Muslims, Christians, blacks & whites that got killed on that day. There aim was only to kill innocent people.

If I dont agree with anything on this site, would it be justified me killing you wife & kids?

But according to you, there's always a reason. :rolleyes:

I think you should seriously think about re-writing your post!
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Well I'm sorry your an idiot. I said there is no excuse for killing innocent people. But according (to you) there is. I dont know how you think you can debate over innocent people dieing? Those children that got killed on the trains, did they have anything to do with a government decision? Did anyone for that fact? There were Muslims, Christians, blacks & whites that got killed on that day. There aim was only to kill innocent people.

If I dont agree with anything on this site, would it be justified me killing you wife & kids?

But according to you, there's always a reason. :rolleyes:

I think you should seriously think about re-writing your post!

The methodology and consequence are irrelevant in these situations. It's why they're blowing themselves up in the first place that we should look at.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    And try to avoid insulting people back, it destroys debate and means you're as bad as the original poster.

He is the original poster.