Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Too Geeky? Style Tips Please!

Ok guys heres my little hang up.

I switched rooms with my sis a couple years ago cause she moved back home after she split with her BF. I got transfered to a smaller room but I got Telewest Digital in in. However I also got stuck with one of those fucking sofa bunkbed things cause someone in my family didn't want it so I get my head bashed every morning when I woke up for a couple years and it was as squeaky as hell. Worst bit? took up half the bedroom! had to shimmy out my room in the morning.

I got my dad to redo my room, got new furniture (all of my old furniture was handed down) room repainted (dark blue, I picked it) but my dad picked a wine red carpet so it looks fucking horrible anyway. Best bit? got a new bed that touches the floor and has more room! I put a few knick knacks (I got pics if you wanna see) to make it more at home but a mate says "thats too geeky, you wanna get laid? ditch the stuff" in the meantime hes gone off putting sofas and dimmer switches on his walls.

so what do you think of the stuff first of all and is my mate right?
ladies if you could participate that would be great.
any suggestions welcome. (well ALMOST any....)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hate the first two. Other one isn't quite as bad. Chris had a scull money box and i made him put it away as it freaks me out.
    I dont really no tbh, it would all depend on how much i had to drink that night.
    If you like them, then keep 'em.

Not having a few geeky things won't get you laid.

Trust me.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Tbh, I dislike all three.

However, if you like them then that's all that matters :thumb:

Edit: Getting laid all depends on your moves *before* you get to the bedroom. Once she's there then you are almost there.
    Tweety wrote:
    Hate the first two. Other one isn't quite as bad. Chris had a scull money box and i made him put it away as it freaks me out.

Carnage and the Alien skull?
    fair enough....
    my sis asked me if the skull was real
    Why'd you hate all 3? (not offended just wondering)

I agree you have to put the moves on a girl to get her in the room but if she don't like that kinda stuff and its in your room, then she will bolt...
    I dislike all three, they're just vile in my opinion. Knick knacks to me are something that makes a room look homely, like candles, photographs, things like that.
    it seems my mate may be on to something.....:impissed:

Well then since I have absolutly no decor taste whatsoever.... any suggestions?
    The fact that you're bringing her back to your parents house is far more geeky than anything you can put in the room to decorate it. :p Seriously, lose the hang-ups. If they're combined with every series of Farscape, Stargate and Buffy on DVD, and a poster showing the complete plans of the Starship Enterprise, then she might think you a tad geeky. On their own, there's nothing wrong with any of them. But if you're geeky, then most girls would've picked that up long before you get to the bedroom, so decorate it based on what you like, not some girl you haven't even met yet.
    Honestly, if you're talking one night stands, taking a girl back to your parent's house is more of a passion killer than those things.

And if it's a girlfriend, she shouldn't care.

My 2p.

(this comes from a guy with a Master Shake figurine on his book case..... :o )
    If you like them then keep them up. It is your room, and primarily you that has to look at them. My house would look bloody stupid with stuff like that in it, but I'm sure your room would look bloody stupid with the kind of stuff I have around because people that know you would be able to tell a mile off that they aren't there because you like them, but because you think you sohould have them there.
    If you are talking one night stands and they aren't right in your face they might be ok, but personally i find them freaky, especially the first two yes.
    If we are talking gf well i'm sure she would tell you if she didn't like them lol
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Tweety wrote:
    If you are talking one night stands and they aren't right in your face they might be ok, but personally i find them freaky, especially the first two yes.
    If we are talking gf well i'm sure she would tell you if she didn't like them lol

Got to agree. I think if I was having sex and suddenly saw a skull out of the corner of my eye, I would be a bit freaked.

:nervous:
    Got to agree. I think if I was having sex and suddenly saw a skull out of the corner of my eye, I would be a bit freaked.

:nervous:

Bit of a turn off for me cause all i would think about was the skull.
    ok first of all im 19, I can't move out yet cause I havn't got that kinda cash and to get a house/flat you have to pay an arm and a leg and I seriously doubt being an amputee will boost my chances.

any other Ideas of what to decorate/put in it (my mates winning!)
    (my mates winning!)

Wining at getting laid? Just do your room how you like it.
    no,winning at style.
    if you say that stuff and a bunch of grim reaper posters on a blokes wall, what would you say?

strange though, a grunge girl saw my alien skull and said it was 'cute'.
    The only thing in your room that will affect you getting laid is the availabilty of surfaces for the adminstration of a good seeing to upon. And even then, there's the floor.

Interior decorating is pretty low down the list of things that encourage women to take their clothes off.
    Im gonna take a stab and guess that you mean provided theres enough room for you and her to move then your ok?

what should I put on the list to encourage women to take their clothes off? :naughty:
    \
    sophia wrote:
    :yes: All true.

By the time you get her up to your bedroom, I would say you're pretty much in there, and the only things likely to scupper your chances, interior decorating wise, are tapestries made out of the skins of prostitutes you've murdered, or a sculpture rendered from toenail clippings and semen.

I don't especially like them but if I was planning on shagging you anyway, they wouldn't put me off.

(Especially as I'd be only too aware of my doll sitting on my bed at home, wondering why I wasn't coming back tonight :o )

Damn, took me ages to make those tapistries....
    what should I put on the list to encourage women to take their clothes off? :naughty:

Beaches, changing rooms, showers, high temperatures......
    I haven't got that much room...
    And I don't wanna get sand up my crack...

Oh well, no nookie for Johnny
    sophia wrote:
    By the time you get her up to your bedroom, I would say you're pretty much in there, and the only things likely to scupper your chances, interior decorating wise, are tapestries made out of the skins of prostitutes you've murdered, or a sculpture rendered from toenail clippings and semen.

No one appreciates art anymore.
    while im deducing that having these things will not aid me when mating season rolls around. it looks like there gonna have to go in storage.
    Infinite wrote:
    Honestly, if you're talking one night stands, taking a girl back to your parent's house is more of a passion killer than those things.

And if it's a girlfriend, she shouldn't care.

My 2p.

(this comes from a guy with a Master Shake figurine on his book case..... :o )

wouldn't be somthing like this would it?
    \
    forbidden planet....
    I salute you sir....
    sophia wrote:
    *cough* geek *cough*

*cough* Doc Martin wearing man hater *cough*