Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cranberry juice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive got a water infection and they've told me i have to drink cranberry juice. its worse than i remember! :yuck:

to give the thread a point, is there anything similar you've had to drink that you really didnt want too?

Comments

• Options
    I had some of that recently and thought it was quite nice.
    Try the asda one.
    Yes i had to drink dyoralite or however you spell it. It made me heave.
  • Options
    I like drinking cranberry juice. Very nice with vodka.
  • Options
    depends which brand you drink, some are really sour whilst others use sweetners and taste very refreshing. find a good one and you're sorted!
  • Options
    this ones co-op and its really bitter and tangy
  • Options
    The aftertaste can make you pull funny faces like with lemon but other than thsat its not too bad if you get the right one hehe.
  • Options
    The Ocean Spray one is the nicest I've tried.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    The Ocean Spray one is the nicest I've tried.

:yes: They are good, and Kermit's got the right idea with the vodka in it.

Though a diuretic with alcohol, if thats all your drinking you might as well just stay in the bathroom.
  • Options
    would add vodka, but also on antibiotics, which means sunday nite, a nite out thats been planned for months, its a mates birthday and i have to stay sober :grump:
  • Options
    Have you tried cranberry and raspberry juice? It takes some of the bitterness out of the cranberry, yum :yum:
  • Options
    I didnt try it but the table pint yesterday looked foul.
  • Options
    You can get cranberry extract tablets from Sainsburys that are supposed to have a similar effect if you hate the taste.

Worst thing I've ever had to drink was this industrial-strength laxative (niiice). Think a gloopy cross between petrol and metal with the slightest hint of vanilla flavouring. They wanted me to drink a glass an hour for 8 hours. FUCK THAT. :sour:

Ended up with another type, which was still rank, but a little less puke-inducing.
  • Options
    would add vodka, but also on antibiotics, which means sunday nite, a nite out thats been planned for months, its a mates birthday and i have to stay sober :grump:

Why? I drink on antibiotics all the time. I've asked my doctor as I had a time not too long ago drugged up on antibiotics for a long time. There are a couple specific drugs that can be made less effective by drinking, but only by a small amount. Other tales of alcohol and antibiotics are mostly false.

And, since you always go in for a check up after the antibiotcs are done with, if the infection is still there, then they can treat you again.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I like drinking cranberry juice. Very nice with vodka.

this is one of my favourite vodka mixers. yum :yum::yum:
  • Options
    love Ocean Spray cranberry juice. It is probably the best 'treatment' for it. I once bought some of the cranberry sachets from Tesco and I nearly heaved.
  • Options
    bakeing soda in water. Cures stomac aches, long as you can stand the taste:yuck:
  • Options
    bakeing soda in water. Cures stomac aches, long as you can stand the taste:yuck:

Really? Like the I'm going to throw up stomach ache or like gassy acidy take some tums stomach ache? And whats the mixture?
  • Options
    I was always under the impression that cranberry juice actually helped with kidney health & urinal tract infections. But there was a study that said there was no evidence that suggests it is effective.

But the best way is to drink plenty of water. That will clear any infection.
  • Options
    Not to be nosey but what is a water infection? I went to look it up and just got links to various infections that told you to drink lots of water to help... :p I got the two words, but neither used together.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Really? Like the I'm going to throw up stomach ache or like gassy acidy take some tums stomach ache? And whats the mixture?
    not sure, just helps upset stomachs. Bakeing soda is the active ingrediant in peptobismaul (however you spell it).

Just mix some in, as much as you can stand the taste, and gulp it down.
  • Options
    Mizz_pink wrote:
    Have you tried cranberry and raspberry juice? It takes some of the bitterness out of the cranberry, yum :yum:

Hope so. Having a party tomorrow and it was on offer at Sainsburys' and wanted something a bit different for the non-drinkers.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Not to be nosey but what is a water infection? I went to look it up and just got links to various infections that told you to drink lots of water to help... :p I got the two words, but neither used together.

its to do with my bladder. ive basically been suffering with a weak bladder. had a few stomach pains as well. ive been told not to drink on my tablets and its embarrassing enough so im not takin the chance, i just wanna get it cleared up. the doctors given me a few days off sick just until the antibiotics kick in and take effect.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Why? I drink on antibiotics all the time. I've asked my doctor as I had a time not too long ago drugged up on antibiotics for a long time. There are a couple specific drugs that can be made less effective by drinking, but only by a small amount. Other tales of alcohol and antibiotics are mostly false.

And, since you always go in for a check up after the antibiotcs are done with, if the infection is still there, then they can treat you again.

The ones i have just finished are stictly no alcohol and can cause some very serious side effects. Everyone was going on about how important it was etc as it could cause me to lose consciousness and more. I know they aren't all like that but it's normally only 7 days so it's not long.
  • Options
    If your consuming antibiotics (which are liver taxing) & drinking at the same time, then you are placing stress on your liver.
  • Options
    You could try the Ocean Spray one which has Rasperry in it as well.

:heart: cranberry juice
  • Options
    I don't like cranberry juice, because it's all dry. But stuff I had to have and didn't like was orange calpol, which was ming.