Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New 911 Documentary

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Before 911 there was big movements to make massive cuts to the USA's spending on it's miltary and put the money towards betters schools, hospitals, poverty etc - of course after 911 it not only stayed as it was but has increased hugely, the USA spend more money on it's miltary then the next 17 countries budgets combined.

Look at the state of the way people were shown to live in New Oreleans after the Hurricane.

The US Government and those that run it behind the scenes will easily send over troops to fight wars all over the world where they have an interest but stay away frm places that have no oil or strategic advantage such as in Rwanda when almost a million people were killed.
    It's amazing how people will believe things and not check...
    Do you know what "free fall speed" is?
    Do you know what gravity acceleration is?
    Y'all keep saying all 3 buildings fell at free fall speed not knowing what you are talking about....
    Can you please inform yourself on the subject before finalizing your opinion..?

And also, do you really think the US Government needs a simulated catastrophic event to start a war somewhere? How much money did it cost to clear up Lower Manhattan, to compensate businesses and people, to rebuild damaged services, how much is the new Freedom Tower gonna cost, surely they could have kept the 2 towers and spend the money on some paveway missiles?? :rolleyes:
    migpilot wrote:
    And also, do you really think the US Government needs a simulated catastrophic event to start a war somewhere?

http://www.americanfreepress.net/12_24_02/America_Pearl_Harbored/america_pearl_harbored.html
    migpilot wrote:
    .... How much money did it cost to clear up Lower Manhattan, to compensate businesses and people, to rebuild damaged services, how much is the new Freedom Tower gonna cost, surely they could have kept the 2 towers and spend the money on some paveway missiles?? :rolleyes:

Whatever it costs ..it is a tiny fraction of how much oil wealth is in Iraq

The Arab Gulf has 65% of the world’s proven oil reserves. Iraq has 360 billion barrels of proven reserves, 12% of the world total, and most of Iraq remains unexplored. Iraq is a wealthy country with its oil in the ground like money in the bank.

Iraq could be producing 6 million barrels of oil a day, about 2 billion barrels per year. At only $50 per barrel, that oil would sell for $100 billion. The population of Iraq is 24 million and that income translates to over $4000 per capita per year. Of course, this income will increase as the price of oil climbs.

For some crude conservative idea of the wealth if Iraq, suppose Iraq sells 1/4 of its reserves at an average price of $50 per barrel over the next 20 years. That would generate 90 billion x $50 = $4.5 trillion. If the population of Iraq grows to 30 million, that would be $150,000 per capita for 20 years, or $7,500 annual per capita income.

Estimated productive assets in the US according to the World Bank are $60,000 per capita, and in the world $5,000 per capita. If Iraq invests 1/4 of its oil revenue for the next 20 years, it would match current US productive assets per capita.

The total value of Iraq oil reserves at an average price of $75 per barrel over next 100 years would be 360 billion x $75 = $27 trillion or $900,000 per capita, making every Iraqi essentially a millionaire. With well managed investment, the children of the children playing barefoot soccer in Baghdad could pay tuition at Harvard.

http://www.auburn.edu/~thomph1/iraq.htm
    Spliffie wrote:

That supposed to mean something to me?
    I am more than aware of PNAC and their modus operandi and their "mission statement"...

DiamondGeezer, I am sorry you had to type all that for nothing, coz what you typed is not the damn point I was making. What someone has said was that a catastrophic event was needed to justify more military spending and I was saying that was not the case...

Nothing to do with oil...it's connected but not relevant to this discussion, you get me!
    migpilot wrote:
    That supposed to mean something to me?
    I am more than aware of PNAC and their modus operandi and their "mission statement"...

But obviously not that they openly state the need for a "catalyising event" like a "new Pearl Harbour" in order to speed up their plans - which refutes your original point.
    Spliffie wrote:
    But obviously not that they openly state the need for a "catalyising event" like a "new Pearl Harbour" in order to speed up their plans - which refutes your original point.

How exactly does it refute it?
    Am i supposed to believe everything americanfreepress prints?
    Am I supposed to believe everything some PNAC asshole slurrs?
    Yes for both! That way you can go through life without bias!
    seeker wrote:
    "Stupid" questions again ?????

I would speculate as to why you often seem antagonistic to the questioning of things.

Perhaps it was the beloved state education/propaganda mill ?

I remember the directives "Don`t ask questions" and "Do as you are told" so surely you must ?
    :thumb:
    osama is dead.
    he died before 9/11
    it is common knowledge that he was admitted to a dyalasis wardd in 1999.
    do you realy think he could continue with this kind of treatment in a fucking cave?
    the war on terror has been manufactured with osamas name as mr big ...with the blessing of his family ...the bushladens.
    it is so obvious it was done for and on behalf of the pnac crew ...their engineered new pearl harbour.
    thousands of pounds are onm offer to anyone who can show that building seven wasn#t brung down by controlled demolition.
    so ...all you doubters ...go claim the money.
    osama is dead.
    he died before 9/11
    it is common knowledge that he was admitted to a dyalasis wardd in 1999.
    do you realy think he could continue with this kind of treatment in a fucking cave?
    the war on terror has been manufactured with osamas name as mr big ...with the blessing of his family ...the bushladens.
    it is so obvious it was done for and on behalf of the pnac crew ...their engineered new pearl harbour.
    thousands of pounds are onm offer to anyone who can show that building seven wasn#t brung down by controlled demolition.
    so ...all you doubters ...go claim the money.

Who exactly here is saying that WTC7 wasn't a controlled demolition? :confused:
    migpilot wrote:
    Who exactly here is saying that WTC7 wasn't a controlled demolition? :confused:
    the fucking government?
    they are actualy saying ...we don't know what the hell happened there ...seriosly!
    the landlord says ...the order to pull it was given ....meaning bring it down in a controlled fashion.
    do you have any idea how long it takes to study theplans ...and get the explosives ordered ...and then fitted and checked again and again and the ammount of tests etc etc ....about a month ...week in a military situation.
    and yet ...in the middle of mayhem ....it can all be done in the time it takes to type this ....
    the fucking government?
    they are actualy saying ...we don't know what the hell happened there ...seriosly!
    the landlord says ...the order to pull it was given ....meaning bring it down in a controlled fashion.
    do you have any idea how long it takes to study theplans ...and get the explosives ordered ...and then fitted and checked again and again and the ammount of tests etc etc ....about a month ...week in a military situation.
    and yet ...in the middle of mayhem ....it can all be done in the time it takes to type this ....

Yes, that's the real point - to demolish a building takes a lot of planning and prep work, but according to MigPilot they did it all in a matter of hours in a building that was on fire .. I mean WTF!! :eek2:

Never mind the fact planes were supposed to be crashing here there and everwhere.

You can either believe all 3 buildings the fell on their own due to fire or that they fell because explosives were preplanted maybe weeks or months in advance - and as DG showed wth his example of the citigroup building it is possible to sends teams of workmen into a building and do lots of work at night without anyone really noticing and before Sept 11th who really would have taken notice of some work men going in at night to such gigantic buildings.

Anyone who thinks that building 7 was rigged with explsoives on the actual day of the attacks AFTER the 2 planes hit must need their heads read. That building either fell on it's own or was preplanted to blow. That's just commonsense.
    Yes, that's the real point - to demolish a building takes a lot of planning and prep work, but according to MigPilot they did it all in a matter of hours in a building that was on fire .. I mean WTF!! :eek2:

Never mind the fact planes were supposed to be crashing here there and everwhere.

You can either believe all 3 buildings the fell on their own due to fire or that they fell because explosives were preplanted maybe weeks or months in advance - and as DG showed wth his example of the citigroup building it is possible to sends teams of workmen into a building and do lots of work at night without anyone really noticing and before Sept 11th who really would have taken notice of some work men going in at night to such gigantic buildings.

Anyone who thinks that building 7 was rigged with explsoives on the actual day of the attacks AFTER the 2 planes hit must need their heads read. That building either fell on it's own or was preplanted to blow. That's just commonsense.

First of all, I never said I was a 100% sure that the explosives were planted on the day. (Also, the whole building wasn't on fire)

As for the planes crashing here and there, as soon as the South Tower was hit, US Airspace was closed and all planes accounted for. Apart from the Pentagon one and United 93.
    Also, like I said before, the 2 towers feel differently than WTC7.
    Yes, the workers might have come in at night for a long period of time and set up the plans to bring down building 7, (coz that is the only building that looked like a controlled demolition). Why Building 7?

I don't need my head examined, I am open to arguments disputing what I said. Surely that's enough without the need to call me crazy.
    Why don't you give me some scientific evidence i can read instead of using your common sense...:rolleyes:...
    All due respect, but does this really matter anymore? Think about it. It's now almost five years since that terrible day, and still we're combing over the details. If you ask me, we should be more worried about what's happening now in Afghanistan and Iraq, for example.
    We should be worried about what's happening in the whole world, not just those two places.
    migpilot wrote:
    We should be worried about what's happening in the whole world, not just those two places.
    Of course we should. I was just naming two examples. I worry about the way the people of Zimbabwe are being starved of food under the evil Robert Mugabe, and the fact the West does nothing to remove him from power. I worry about what Iran is doing in regards to nuclear power. I worry about a lot of things at the moment.
    Don't worry, you gonna stop worrying as soon as you have your freshers... ;)

As for the world, you can't worry about everything and everyone, people have enough to worry about in their own lives.
    migpilot wrote:
    Don't worry, you gonna stop worrying as soon as you have your freshers... ;)
    Expect to hear of a deranged lunatic walking around Bristol preaching about "Bush & Blair: War Criminals" whilst buying pints to anyone who listens...
    it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it...
    migpilot wrote:
    it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it...
    More likely you'll find me sitting in a flat in the city centre moaning about something or other. Hard to tell at the moment.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    More likely you'll find me sitting in a flat in the city centre moaning about something or other. Hard to tell at the moment.

or watching Lost....
    migpilot wrote:
    or watching Lost....
    Not even I am that bored. :p
    Don't knock it!
    "Lost" rules!
    migpilot wrote:
    Don't knock it!
    "Lost" rules!
    Lost should do as the title says - get lost! :p
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    All due respect, but does this really matter anymore? Think about it. It's now almost five years since that terrible day, and still we're combing over the details. If you ask me, we should be more worried about what's happening now in Afghanistan and Iraq, for example.

Some might say that's the point - you might consider how much easier it is for Bush and Blair to dismiss people who claimed they faked 9/11 - rather than criticism of what they used it as a justification for.
    Jim V wrote:
    Some might say that's the point - you might consider how much easier it is for Bush and Blair to dismiss people who claimed they faked 9/11 - rather than criticism of what they used it as a justification for.
    9/11 was used for so many things. It was claimed Saddam Hussein was responsible directly for it. Not true. It was claimed Saddam Hussein worked closely with Al'Qaeda. Not true. It was claimed Afghanistan was sheltering the regime which was hiding Osama Bin Laden, head of Al'Qaeda. Well, nearly five years on, they've still not caught him, so was that true or not? It's hard to tell by now.

I don't think that whether 9/11 was "staged" or not particularly matters in the grand scheme of things. All it does is cause further upset to those with relatives who died that dreadful day. I'm more worried about how this has been exploited for political reasons.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    9 I don't think that whether 9/11 was "staged" or not particularly matters in the grand scheme of things. All it does is cause further upset to those with relatives who died that dreadful day. I'm more worried about how this has been exploited for political reasons.
    it matters massive man!
    if our own governments are willing to kill thousands of us at a time for political ends ...manufacture wars in which ...WE die ...for their comforts ...it nmatters.
    it matters to more and more families who lost people on that day ...they would like to know what realy happened yet their government refuse to play ball.
    if it is proved that this was an arm of government in the usa ...your looking at blood flowing down the streets ...chaos and economic global collapse.
    it fucking matters mate.