Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tell me its a hoax!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
SG1 is canceled? Its only a couple shows from the season finale so says the commercials and I read in the paper that after this season its canceled. I love the show. I'm willing to embrace my inner geek for that show (plus the men are hoooot) Tell me its not true :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    my_name wrote:
    SG1 is canceled? Its only a couple shows from the season finale so says the commercials and I read in the paper that after this season its canceled. I love the show. I'm willing to embrace my inner geek for that show (plus the men are hoooot) Tell me its not true :(

I heard this too but wasn't sure ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, I think the current series (10 is it?), will be the last.
    Nooooooooo!
    Maybe they'll pull a farscape and a couple years from now have a movie like ending to it. I'm sad, I just got into it last season but its so good.
    Yeah it's been cancelled by sci-fi channel, but the producrs ahve said they are on a lookout for a new outlet for more stuff so fingers crossed it'll happen.

I was just starting to get itno the whole ori arc as well :(

*is a geek*
    I hope it isnt a hoax :p
    my_name wrote:

All good things come to an end.

Unfortunately!
    it's been confirmed by the sci-fi channe; that they aren't bothering with sg-1 anymore but are continuing with atlantis.
    i read somewhere that mgm are planning to make another 2 stargate films, but that they'll follow on from the original stargate movie rather than sg-1. but, i reckon they should use the sg-1 cast for any movies they make now as that's how most people have got into the whole stargate universe.
    i think that's true
    well a couple of episodes away from the mid season finale, so there will be another 10 eps after it to take it to the full 20 eps for the season

but yeh looks like its over

and pretty much sucks cause its one of the first times since season 4 that they have had contingency plans in place to do another series after the end