Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is sex to you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you see it is a bit of fun, or a way to bond in the closest way possible with your partner, or the one you love? Do you see it as a step in a relationship, or do you simply just treat it like you would eating a meal.

How does it feel to you? Is it worth it? If you couldn't get it anywhere else, would you pay for it?

What's your thoughts on sex as a whole?

Comments

• Options
    Why, what is it to you?
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Do you see it is a bit of fun, or a way to bond in the closest way possible with your partner, or the one you love? Do you see it as a step in a relationship, or do you simply just treat it like you would eating a meal.

How does it feel to you? Is it worth it? If you couldn't get it anywhere else, would you pay for it?

To me it is vital in the realationship but is also seen as fun but yet again IMO it helps alot to bring 2 people closer.
  • Options
    Inserting a phallus into a ready and willing hole. Most commonly, a vagina or anus. It is used for pleasure and/or procreation.

Sometimes I like a meal after sex. However I don't see the similarities in them.
  • Options
    I happen to think it is just like eating a meal. Three big helpings a day essential to human health, happiness and all that ;) :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I happen to think it is just like eating a meal. Three big helpings a day essential to human health, happiness and all that ;) :thumb:

Good way to look at it :yum:
  • Options
    It's just fun for me. Fuck all this emotional connection ballix, that's only when ya truly love someone.
  • Options
    Both a way of expressing my love for my partner and a lot of fun at the same time. In this relationship it was a next step in the sense we conciously left it a good few months before we had sex - although we'd being doing foreplay type things right from the word go - but that was probably because he's my first, and if I ever met a new blokey it wouldn't be such a significant step
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    It's just fun for me. Fuck all this emotional connection ballix, that's only when ya truly love someone.
    Couldnt agree more.

Sometimes people get it SOOO right, others get it terribly wrong, but its all fun in the end.
  • Options
    yes it i a bit of fun, to me not the closest way to bond, that would be cuddling or something similar, can just be for fun, but can mean lots with someone you love. it is a step in a relationship at the beginning IMO.

It feels amazing, it is definately worth it, no i would not pay for it - not that worth it - but i am tight with money lol
  • Options
    A good cardiovascular workout. :)
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    A good cardiovascular workout. :)

This is true... if you want it to be. You can also be a lazy cunt, lie back and get shagged all over. Such a versatile way of spending the day :yum:

I'd never pay for sex. If there comes a day when I can't get it gratis I'll probably just give myself to God :angel:
  • Options
    Being buggered by a 12-inch sparkly pink dildo.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

:lol: :yes:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Pink? :eek2:
  • Options
    There is love. You use sex to give the best of you to your partner. You want to give him pleasure. So sex is a way to fullfill your partners needs.

There is joy. You look for a pretty partner. You may know him or not. Your objetive is just to enjoy. Sex is a way to use someone to get your own pleasure. You do not care about him or her.

There is fun. The sex you will do with a friend. To have a good time, to play a game. Giving or getting pleasure is not the issue. It's just to have fun and/or be naughty.

I discovered sex as the second way. Getting my own pleasure out of pretty girls. Then I found love and I did my best to please her. She did the same and we both succeed.
    Now I see sex the third way. It is just a real good fun. So many games to play with your friends...
  • Options
    In a relationship to me sex is tied to love, expressing emotions, a level of trust and understanding and sharing things together. It's intimate, it shows vulnerability and its an additional level to a relationship.

If I'm not in that kind of relationship then it's fun, with an unattached mate. I'm not one for cheating, or casual sex with strangers, but I have some good mates and we have no strings fun with varying frequency. More rough and tumble, more joking, more fantasy.
  • Options
    I'm amazed by how many people differentiate "loving" sex from "fun" sex.

It's the same thing. It feels more intimate and special if you're with someone you love to bits, but the most important thing sex is is fun.

I find it quite sad that people think relationship sex can't be fun because the person isn't new. It's even more fun then, because you know how to play the musical instrument that is your partner.
  • Options
    Relationship sex is fun too, I wouldn't deny it, rereading my post it sounds otherwise.

With mates you'll push it more as to what you'll say, because in a way you don't care about the reaction, whereas with someone you love it's give and take for you and them. For me, I'm more selfish with mates than with someone I love.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm amazed by how many people differentiate "loving" sex from "fun" sex.

It's the same thing. It feels more intimate and special if you're with someone you love to bits, but the most important thing sex is is fun.

I find it quite sad that people think relationship sex can't be fun because the person isn't new. It's even more fun then, because you know how to play the musical instrument that is your partner.
    Oh God absolutely!!!
    I have the best ever fun sex with my partner because we can play each others bodies like a fiddle. We know EXACTLY what the other likes and when. Its almost psychic at times. You just dont get that with someone you hardly know - but then again, you dont always get it even in LTRs. I guess it just depends on the people involved.
  • Options
    What's sex to me?

Something that happens to other people...
  • Options
    Oh God absolutely!!!
    We know EXACTLY what the other likes and when. Its almost psychic at times.

Exactly my point. When you love someone sex is to please your partner.

He, this is not because you love playing squash that you do not play tennis...

There are a lot of funny things to do when you are 3, 4 or more. It's even beter with your love.
  • Options

For me personally, sex is a form of bonding, a way of getting closer to each other. I've tried one-night stands, but I tend to get a bit emotional about them. As for the meal, it's perfectly possible to combine the two activities.

No, I would not pay for sex. Not when there's so much to be had for free.
  • Options
    Sex? To me?

A hilarious romp :lol:

I don't think I'd pay for sex but if I was given a gift voucher for christmas.....:o
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Coincidentally, I'm so skint that this year, that's exactly what I was thinking of giving out as Christmas presents :o

Count me in :D
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Coincidentally, I'm so skint that this year, that's exactly what I was thinking of giving out as Christmas presents :o
    A £10 gift voucher will do me, thank you. :p
  • Options
    sophia wrote:

Promise? :flirt:

Dear Santa (or sophia, whichever you're going by these days),

For Xmas this year I'd like one of those cheesy love voucher books sad acts give to one another as presents (no offense, well not much) but in place of "cuddle" and "breakfast in bed" I would like "pounded senseless with a big, black, veiny strap-on" and "squashing of the deckchair".

Cheers in advance,
    Love me xx
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    alainb wrote:
    There is love. You use sex to give the best of you to your partner. You want to give him pleasure. So sex is a way to fullfill your partners needs.

There is joy. You look for a pretty partner. You may know him or not. Your objetive is just to enjoy. Sex is a way to use someone to get your own pleasure. You do not care about him or her.

There is fun. The sex you will do with a friend. To have a good time, to play a game. Giving or getting pleasure is not the issue. It's just to have fun and/or be naughty.

I discovered sex as the second way. Getting my own pleasure out of pretty girls. Then I found love and I did my best to please her. She did the same and we both succeed.
    Now I see sex the third way. It is just a real good fun. So many games to play with your friends...
    Were you trying to make it into a poem?