Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The site is being really SLOW

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Its been really crap all afternoon and its taken me a good 15 mins just to get to this page and post this.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Same here. And it's wider than it normally is, and the top bit is all plain text.
  • Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    The main machine died this afternoon. We have been working on it... therefore there may still be issues throughout the evening.

Jamie
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The boards are not slow at all. It's the main page that is down, and because there's a navigation bar here it refuses to show the boards. I explain it better in my thread, look.
    The main and community page didn't work for me today. Is that with anybody else too?
    Seems to be working again.
    Up until about 6pm, it was horrendously slow. I can't see any problems since then, though.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Seems all fine to me now!
    Jamie L wrote:
    The main machine died this afternoon. We have been working on it... therefore there may still be issues throughout the evening.

Jamie

Would this explain why until about half an hour ago, I was unable to get The Site homepage up?
    Whatever you did, every site page but the message board is blocked for me now! :grump: Never been blocked before
  • Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    Sofie wrote:
    Would this explain why until about half an hour ago, I was unable to get The Site homepage up?

Indeed.