Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

When were you last chatted up?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Last time was a couple of weeks ago, at the greasy spoon cafe near work, by a bloke I wouldn't have looked at once, never mind twice!

The most surprising (or should that be desperate?!) was about four years ago when I worked at a local restaurant and got paid in cash every week. One week I'd spend the money and the other I would bank it, so I got into quite a routine of going into the bank every fortnight at the same time. I was there one time and the guy at the counter (who I'd seen loads of time before) started making chit-chat about where the money was from and I ended up telling where I worked (it wasn't too strange a question at the time!) then left and thought nothing more about it....

The next day he turned up at the restaurant and asked for my number! Eeeeekk!! I was 18 at the time and he was 26. Nothing came of it because I felt he was too old for me and he was a bit full on in his txts. From then on, I got my mum to bank my wages for me! :(
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Lunch time :o

Well, kinda......
  • Options
    In the last few weeks (it has stopped now, after he said he was only messing about) a friend of a friend would try to chat me up on MSN.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Really? Details please :razz: Some of us never get chatted up and live vicariously through other people's exciting love lives you know...

Sadly, I'm a gentleman and would never kiss and tell :o
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Lunch time :o

Well, kinda......
    Kinda lunch time? Or kinda chatted up?
  • Options
    By someone being serious, I haven't been chatted up for God knows how long.

As for people arsing about, I get it enough. Flirting is fun.
  • Options
    Girl in the bank flirts with me each time I go in there - unfortunately, I don't have much reason to go into the bank, so I only get an ego-massage once per month. Supervisor in my local supermarket always goes and opens up another till if she sees me queueing - can't say it's flirting though really. I tend to be quite oblivious to the advances of girls - I think I'm a lot more naive than I thought I was...
  • Options
    Today.

A group of lads shouted ARE YOU SINGLE from across the road. Naturally I gave them all a blowjob instantly.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Today.

A group of lads shouted ARE YOU SINGLE from across the road. Naturally I gave them all a blowjob instantly.

omg you HUSSY. :p

I hope you brushed your teeth between each one!
  • Options
    No way!

I like savour eclectic spermz :p

(ew..went too far with that one)
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Today.

:lol:
  • Options
    My ex tried to chat me up last night. There's no bad feeling and I think she was just looking some of me again. She was quite a bit drunker than me at this stage so I didn't go for it.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    In the shop I used to work in, a guy who worked in the shop opposite sent a note in with the security guard saying "hi you don't know me but I think your gorgeous, would you like a drink sometime?"

I just ignored it. Apart from the fact that he was a sleazy lecherous dirtbag, I could never go out with anyone who doesn't know that when it's an abbreviation for "you are", it should be spelt "you're", not "your". :D

What can I say, I'm a spelling and grammar pedant. If you're going to send me flirty little notes, you better get your apostrophes in the right place :o
    Haha, know exactly what you mean, I'm the same. I'm a spelling Nazi. I don't know why, but writing things correctly is really important to me, and it slightly annoys me to read spelling mistakes tbh. Well, actually I know why, it's because I'm an obsessive-compulsive neurotic who can't live with imprecisions, but then ehh, we all have our things, don't we? :o
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Hey .. ive seen you round these parts before .. wanna get a drink some time ;)
    GoodFella, you are so sweet I could kiss you! :heart:
  • Options
    I actually can't remember :\
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    GoodFella, you are so sweet I could kiss you! :heart:

Well i've been sitting here waiting for my kiss ;)

:heart: to you too.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

I get chatted up all the time but sadly only ever by a)fruitcakes, b) octogenarians, c) people only familiar with bathing as a concept, not a practise, d) complete and utter perverts or e) all of the above.

Same goes i'm afraid. You can guarantee if my friends and i go anywhere it's always me that ends up with the token village idiot latching on. One of my male friends said it's because i come across as aloof and unapproachable and most of the decent menfolk are scared off and that leaves only the lunatics or arrogant bastards with the balls to come over. I'm trying to remember the last time i was chatted up. I think it was in a shopping centre by the Paintballing display man from the army. Unfortunately after talking to him for 5 minutes i realised a Canadian village must be missing their idiot...
  • Options
    Properly? About a year ago. :(
  • Options
    Woo, LAST NIGHT I was chatted up by the smoothest and most gorgeous specimen I have ever laid eyes. His opener was that I was the most gorgeous specimen he'd ever laid eyes on. Mutual adoration societies are just the best. AND he plays the ukelele so I can't actually imagine how he could have been anymore perfect.

Phwoar. If I was single he would've got it and but good.

But of course, to balance things out, Stephen was chatted up by a 16 year old celebrator of GCSE results in knee high socks (grr) and I was also cornered in the pub by two old men in matching panama hats and stripy ties.

Oh yeah, I've still got it :naughty:
  • Options
    never that I can remember heh. :chin:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Woo, LAST NIGHT I was chatted up by the smoothest and most gorgeous specimen I have ever laid eyes. His opener was that I was the most gorgeous specimen he'd ever laid eyes on.
    You're gonna have to tell me how to pull that line off without sounding like an utter twat.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Yeah, I think I'd vomit into my pint if someone tried that line on me tbh :yuck:
    It must be the hormones. But don't say it to her face. ;)
  • Options
    Someone tried and failed last night at work

I was just talking back to her, being a nice old fellow, and oblivious to what was actually going on, she thought she had something going, until i asked her to leave me to do my job.
  • Options
    It must be the hormones. But don't say it to her face. ;)

Ha ha ha.

I would lie and say he pulled it off merely because he was suave and debonair but really it was a lot to do with the fact that he is almost certainly a heavenly being and I am not even exagerrating one little bit. If he was ugly and boring I'd probably have pointed and laughed. Ah, the fickle nature of we women-folk ;):p

*hoping someone will be along soon to call me a soulless, vapid, typical female* :hyper:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    Someone tried and failed last night at work

I was just talking back to her, being a nice old fellow, and oblivious to what was actually going on, she thought she had something going, until i asked her to leave me to do my job.

Bit harsh! Lower standards in future, please... no wonder you haven't got a girlfriend :razz:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Bit harsh! Lower standards in future, please... no wonder you haven't got a girlfriend :razz:

1. It doesnt seem so special getting chatted up anymore, its like the shine has been taken off it

2. Sorta might have got myself involved with someone who works for the company

3. Mind your own business, i'll PM you if your box isnt full :yum:
  • Options
    Sounds suspiciously like gossip! :hyper: