Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Probably a joke, but.... WTF???

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    looks like a real company and everything. but seriously unethical. who would want one?

Maybe its a very clever scam...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    who would want one?
    I used to think the same about several stuff. "Who'd want to smoke?" "Who'd want mechanical/electronical things under their skin?" "Who'd have surgery for non-health reasons?" And look at the world today.

"Who'd want one" is certainly not something to prevent it... I just hope it's a joke.
  • Options
    well, is it actually living? does it actually do anything or is it veg?

because if you want a pet, something thats just in a state of false animation, it does nothing by the looks of things. It looks like a dead premature puppy
  • Options
    The site says that in the box they're in some kind of induced hibernation and will awake within 20 minutes if you open it.
  • Options
    I think it's just a very clever and professional website. I seriously doubt that we'll be able to buy these pets from the shelves in Tesco or Asda anytime soon.
  • Options
    yeh its a joke. good website tho i liked it. reminded me of the manflesh website there was a few years back who said they were retailing human flesh for eating. was very entertaining and raised some eyebrows.
  • Options
    The site says that in the box they're in some kind of induced hibernation and will awake within 20 minutes if you open it.

but surely, that "thing" isn't going to start moving and stuff? it doesn't look capable of supporting its own life.

it has to be a scam, because if it was real it would have been a scientific breakthrough, and the whole world would know about it.
  • Options
    It does seem like a joke, really, if you think about it. But personally I wouldn't be surprised in the unlikely event it's real.
  • Options
    The easiest way to tell whether these things are a joke is to actually go to the buying section and click on buy. 99% of the time they have some kind of 'Coming soon!' or 'site down' notice.
  • Options
  • Options
    Aha, it says it's a pretty old one too.
    That guy said most people's reaction would be to find it disturbing but still want one, but while I did find it disturbing I'd never want one.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Lol. Peculiar.