Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Newbies & PMs

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Apart from obviously placing them on my ignore list, is there anyway I can stop getting PMs from newbies? I get alot and some of them are spam.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
    sophia wrote:
    Go invisible, I never get any.

Ditto, though now I feel a bit lonley.
    \
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Ditto, though now I feel a bit lonley.
    Even before I went invisible, I rarely got PMs. :(
    The first thing to do is to actually report them, as it'll result in an instant ban for the user. If you don't tell anyone about the problem, it never gets resolved.
    The other option is the invisable mode as mentioned, which means a spammer won't be able to see you're online, obviously it'd be good to know how many a day, or week you're recieving so we can look into the problem.
    Jim V wrote:
    The first thing to do is to actually report them, as it'll result in an instant ban for the user. If you don't tell anyone about the problem, it never gets resolved.

The thing is though, with the exception of one (whose name I can't remember) they've never actually been spam. It's always 'hello, I want to be your friend' or something like that.
    im not invisible, and i never get spam from people asking to be my friend:impissed: