Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Enjoying a mellower approach to drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The last few months I have slowly been dipping my toe back into the water with regards to drugs.

I enjoy it now again, but in a much different way.

I used to be immature and irresponsible. I would get completely shit faced, and not just half shit faced, I mean because of drugs (obviously influenced by my attitude at the time - but none of the less the drugs pushed me over the edge) I have been arressted countless times, I have been done for drunk and disorderly's, I have woken up so many times with no memory, I have woken up in alley's having lost of all my belongings, I have caused big relationship problems as I get a bit erm, loved up and care free etc.

But these days, I have found out if I take my time, e.g. doing a tiny bit of coke at a time, or half a pill to start and another like 4 hours later, I am staying in control.

I also feel like this is majorly influenced by the fact I am a much more mature and responsible person now, and I understand that I need to stay in control as anything stupid I do will affect my life hugely.. and the life of my son.

Anyway, just fancied writing it down as I've been thinking about it a while now.

The only thing that scares me is that if I break up with my girlfriend I would be back to major depressed (right now I am just averagely depressed) and go off the rails again and back to my old idiotic self. That part of it makes me think maybe I should just be tee total.

What about you, how do you take drugs? get completely monged? enjoyed a social line and smoke? Do you stay in control of yourself and manage yourself appropriately?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello there! I admire you're decision. The drugs aren't nearly as dangerous as the user. If used in a controlled manner, including proper research and responsiblity, drugs do not pose as big of a threat to both you and the people around you. Unfortunatly, a problem with drugs isn't just a problem with the chemical, it causes problems with yourself and others around you. I noticed my drug use was effecting my girlfriend negatively, and had my parents known they would have been very upset, so i quit using.
    As for your dilema about the girlfriend - if you think you can get off them now and you won't be able to if it ends, i'd try to stop using as soon as you can. I'm sure you don't want all of this to turn into what it was before!
    Personally i think you should stay away from the hard drugs, would you want your son to follow in your shoes?
    Tweety wrote:
    Personally i think you should stay away from the hard drugs, would you want your son to follow in your shoes?

This is not a useful comment whatsoever. There's lots of responsible drug users out there and it has nothing to do with his son at all. You may find it hard ot believe but you can take hard drugs and be in total control of yourself. There's millions out there, but we only hear bout the bad one's in the papers.

As for myself, whenever I took them I just got mangled all the time, loads of e's, drink and smoke at the same time. Now, I just like to binge drink and smoke lots of ciggies, though in a few years I might take the odd E here and there. Now, at this moment, there is no temptation for me to take drugs. I've been to plenty of house parties with dealers and having E's handed to me left right and centre and I've refused so I think I'm over them now definately. :)
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Yerascrote wrote:
    This is not a useful comment whatsoever. There's lots of responsible drug users out there and it has nothing to do with his son at all. You may find it hard ot believe but you can take hard drugs and be in total control of yourself. There's millions out there, but we only hear bout the bad one's in the papers.

As for myself, whenever I took them I just got mangled all the time, loads of e's, drink and smoke at the same time. Now, I just like to binge drink and smoke lots of ciggies, though in a few years I might take the odd E here and there. Now, at this moment, there is no temptation for me to take drugs. I've been to plenty of house parties with dealers and having E's handed to me left right and centre and I've refused so I think I'm over them now definately. :)

yea i agree, I can pop a load of little ones and i can still make good decisions, so i deffinately know what i am doing on hard drugs. I tend to keep away from most of that now, its just those little niggles in your brain like the memory loss etc...... i think i just prefer to be in a sobre state of mind at the moment although im not cancelling out drugs in the future :yippe:
    i used to really really cain absolutely anything i could get down my throat or up my nose but ive knocked that in the head now

i rarely bother these days and its turned into more of a drink problem.. i still indulge every once in a while and may push it a tad too far but its nowhere near as bad as it was (mostly due to my tolerance not being through the roof)

i think most people go through a wee bit of a mad phase before they wise up to themselves

oh and tweety why would im recreationaly using drugs every once in a while mean his kids gonna do the same .. :rolleyes:
    Yerascrote wrote:

Why, because you don't agree?:rolleyes:
    I didn't say he wasn't responsible, but it's hardly setting a good example for his child is it? You might not care if your child takes hard drugs but most parents would.
    Tweety wrote:
    Why, because you don't agree?:rolleyes:
    I didn't say he wasn't responsible, but it's hardly setting a good example for his child is it? You might not care if your child takes hard drugs but most parents would.

:banghead:

Couldn't be arsed arguing with people who don't know what they're talking about.
    How do they not know what they are talking about? Children do follow parents examples and if they see their parent take drugs, they might possibly follow suit. It is not definate, but it can happen.

Also, there are just as many drug users who are not responsible parents as there are those who are responsible...i mean, i hate to jump into celebrity examples because we all know how shit they are, But Paula Yates or whatever her name was, you know Bob Geldof's ex-dead wife, she used to put pills in smartie packets then leave them laying around the house where he very young children could find them.

Basically, it is not big or clever to have ago at some one for making a valid point just because you don't like it.
    Yerascrote wrote:

Couldn't be arsed arguing with people who don't know what they're talking about.

How would you know if i know what i am talking about or not?
    Anyway not here to argue, just say my opinion.
    Bullseye wrote:
    How do they not know what they are talking about? Children do follow parents examples and if they see their parent take drugs, they might possibly follow suit. It is not definate, but it can happen.

Also, there are just as many drug users who are not responsible parents as there are those who are responsible...i mean, i hate to jump into celebrity examples because we all know how shit they are, But Paula Yates or whatever her name was, you know Bob Geldof's ex-dead wife, she used to put pills in smartie packets then leave them laying around the house where he very young children could find them.

Basically, it is not big or clever to have ago at some one for making a valid point just because you don't like it.

Didn't you know, we aren't allowed to do that? We have to all agree. ;)
    Tweety wrote:
    would you want your son to follow in your shoes?

You're assuming he takes drugs in front of his child? Bad idea.

You also said you think he should go off the hard drugs, adults can do whatever they want and the fact he has a child doesn't make one difference.

You don't know what you're talking, taking the odd pill or line can be just as sociable as the odd pint in the pub. Are you gonna tell drinkers they shouldn't drink if they have children because the child might become an alcoholic? Cheeseontoast has even said he has taken a new approach to drugs, why should it matter to you?
    Yerascrote wrote:

exactly.. why the hell would he do that.. even better let him speak for himself! :thumb:

i know lots of people that take drugs and i cant think of any of them that wouldnt keep it secret if they had a kid..
    Bullseye wrote:

Where did you read that?
    ASh what a load of sdihre.

its up to the indiviual..and so what oif he takes drugs respobidslhy ...people can do that weven if they got kids, iknpow loads of dealrs with children and their all dead on..

catch a grip tweety/...its 2006 ///not 0006
    Yerascrote wrote:

No i'm not, but kids aren't stupid.
    catch a grip tweety/...its 2006 ///not 0006

Oh yes how silly of me to think responsibly and put my child first.:rolleyes:
    Tweety wrote:

So 2 year old kids can tell if daddy has been taking E's or coke? What the fuck are you on about?
    Addict wrote:
    Where did you read that?

Where did i read what?
    Bullseye wrote:
    Where did i read what?

Paula Yates putting pills in smartie packets I assume.
    Tweety wrote:

Oh yes how silly of me to think responsibly and put my child first.:rolleyes:

Do you also think people should give up alcohol if they have kids?
    Yerascrote wrote:
    So 2 year old kids can tell if daddy has been taking E's or coke? What the fuck are you on about?

No i didn't say 2 year olds, kids in general.
    Look just because you don't agree with me you don't have to have a fit about it. It's MY opinion, maybe you could just respect that.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Do you also think people should give up alcohol if they have kids?
    No not give up, just be responsible.
    Tweety wrote:
    No not give up, just be responsible.

So instead of saying you think he should stop taking hard drugs altogether that he should just be responsible with them?
    Yerascrote wrote:
    So instead of saying you think he should stop taking hard drugs altogether that he should just be responsible with them?

No i am saying that he should be responsible with alcohol. Drugs as in hard ones he should stay away from. Afterall you don't really know what you are getting when you get drugs, they can put any old shit in them. At least with alcohol you know what you are getting.
    Tweety wrote:
    No i am saying that he should be responsible with alcohol. Drugs as in hard ones he should stay away from. Afterall you don't really know what you are getting when you get drugs, they can put any old shit in them. At least with alcohol you know what you are getting.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What has that got to do with anything? People have reliable sources, sure they might contain stuff that may be bad for the brain and body but so is alcohol and cigarettes. 4000 plus people die a year from alcohol, less than 20 people from ecstacy. What does that say to you? Alcohol is a drug remember, and a hard and destructive one by every stretch of the imagination. Your problem is that you see alcohol, think legal and think it's ok. You look at pills and coke, think illegal and think "oh no that's bad he shouldn't take that" Any drug can be enjoyable if you use them responsibly and this is what this board is all about, if you've read round here much you'd see that. So you're wasting your time and my time by digging a hole for yourself.
    how the hell is his kid gonna know he's taking drugs.. he's obviously not gonna take fuck all infront of his child.. also.. i sure as fuck didnt know the effects of many drugs until i was well into my teens.. you must know some super intelligent kids eh

and the whole celebrity taking drugs is a whole different kettle of fish for so many obvious reasons that i'll not even bother getting into it.. dragging that up into it is so pointless..
    Tweety wrote:

Alcohol causes more harm to the society than E and various other "hard" drugs. That's obvious to pretty much everyone who knows what they're talking about and backed up by recent studies.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    In the top 20 most dangerous drugs Alcohol is somewhere in the top 5 :eek: So i would have to class alcohol as hard. Most drugs out there are safe as houses providing they are used responsibly.

Hay, Alcohol makes alot of people aggressive, take an E and your loved up all night.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Paula Yates putting pills in smartie packets I assume.

Oh that, well, it was part of loads of documentaries about Bob Geldof's life, where friends of Paula Yates talked about it and one told how she actually took the children away from her to take them to Bob Geldof because when she went into Paula Yates house she found the kids playing a load of her pills. Didnt it also make it into the inquest of her death? I think when the police seached her residence after they found smartie packets full of pills too, so its not just hear say and gossip.

However, it was just one example of a celebrity with no self-control relating to drugs, not exactly the results of a mass survey or anything into drug use.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    People have reliable sources

You call a drug dealer a reliable score?:chin:

Do you all think that everyone should think like you then? Like i have already said, they are my opinions, i am not slating yours, so why do you feel the need to slate mine?
    If i wanted a debate about it i would have posted in p&d.