Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sickening

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf92edgiFAw

Look at the way he leads with his arm, pretty disgraceful. If he doesn't get at least a 3 match ban there is no justice in football, especially after the Rooney fiasco. Yellow card - nice work Dermot Gallagher you fucking moron.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ouch that is a nasty tackle, complete k.o. .........but the ref has 'dealt' with it so dont think he can be punished again, dunno if you can blame the ref for not seeing it but fifa should think about their dumb rules.....
    I kept watching it last night over and over and it was ridicilous. It was like watching rugby. I don't know what condition Mendez is in, but i am sure he will be out for a little while.
    I don't see how Gallagher didn't see it!!!

3 match man is nothing for that. He needs to be punished by the club, by the FA, at least a 4 match ban and a large fine and fucken anger management course too!!

Like someone said last night, there is no place for that kind of behaviour in football.
    I agree it was a nasty challenge but how can the FA change the rules, if they investigate this further then they are setting a precedent that even if the ref has "dealt" with it then further action could be taken. Could open a can of worms and be the talk of the season. I agree he should get banned but I just reckon it will cause hassle in the future by investigating it.

Heard Machester police are also investigating.
    Heard Machester police are also investigating.

I've heard that rumour too. How many times do we see incidents like this in sport go unpunished, if someone did that outside a nightclub they'd be in court.
    migpilot wrote:
    It was like watching rugby.

If someone did that to me in a rugby match I'd be baying for their blood.
    Yeah fucking disgraceful.
    How come I couldn't find that on Youtube? Now I know why most of the Man City fans want him sacked. He's a fucking liability.
    migpilot wrote:
    It was like watching rugby.

Hardly, when that kind of thing happens in rugby the reaction against it is even harsher than what happened here.
    migpilot wrote:
    anger management course too!!

And how times have you seen him play? Just because he was like that last night, doesn't mean he's like that all the time.
    Sofie wrote:
    And how times have you seen him play? Just because he was like that last night, doesn't mean he's like that all the time.

Yes, obviously, but this isn't the first time he's done something stupid like this.

He's got to be dealt with firmly.
    And all this from the man who tried to justify Roy Keane's GBH on Haaland. Still, at least Man Utd fans are consistent in their hypocrisy.

If he wasn't wearing sky blue you wouldn't give a fuck, would you?

As for the challenge, it was pretty reckless, and he should have been red-carded. Seen worse get punished with less, though. Essien anyone?
    Kermit wrote:
    Seen worse get punished with less, though. Essien anyone?

Favouritism I believe they call it? As in the refs favour the bigger teams and don't care about the smaller teams. (IE, Sunday when Essein grabbed Corradi's hair. Just before Corradi got sent off)
    Sofie wrote:

A few times... Like LeedsLad said, it's not the first time he misbehaved.
    Addict wrote:
    If someone did that to me in a rugby match I'd be baying for their blood.

Dunno who you play for bro, but when I played in college, i got stamped on, bitten, kicked in the nuts, punched in the ribs, punched in the face, knocked out a couple of times. I would get them back obviously apart from when i was knocked out.

I don't see it as much on TV these days although it happens ocassionaly.

Also, Fiend, my point was that if I was playing rugby I would half be expecting that kind of a challenge...
    just seen the 'challenge' . after hearing about it a lot on radio i'm still shocked. no attempt to play the ball.
    Sofie wrote:
    Favouritism I believe they call it? As in the refs favour the bigger teams and don't care about the smaller teams. (IE, Sunday when Essein grabbed Corradi's hair. Just before Corradi got sent off)
    I agree to some extent. I think it was Figo at the World Cup who couldn't be banned restrospectivly because the referee had already brandished a yellow card, and so had "dealt with the incident." Now I think that they should have the right to override a referee's decision after a match has taken place, but it shouldn't be one rule for one and one for another. They can't just change the rules as they see fit to react to a particular incident.
    Kermit wrote:
    And all this from the man who tried to justify Roy Keane's GBH on Haaland. Still, at least Man Utd fans are consistent in their hypocrisy.

If he wasn't wearing sky blue you wouldn't give a fuck, would you?

Oh shut up, I couldn't care what shirt he's wearing, it was a sickening challenge on an honest professional. Maybe it's because it's on someone respectable like Mendes. I doubt I'd care as much if it was on Savage or Drogba.

And I've always said Keane was out of line, but I have said that Haaland was a silly cunt who was asking for it, because of what he'd done to Keano in their previous encounter. There was history there, whereas this one just looks like Thatcher's gone in to do him over, totally unprovoked.
    Addict wrote:
    And I've always said Keane was out of line, but I have said that Haaland was a silly cunt who was asking for it, because of what he'd done to Keano in their previous encounter.
    What he did to Keane in the previous encounter? What you mean the incident when Keane injured himself trying to foul Haaland? Yeah, really Haalands fault, that was. Thatchers foul was a disgrace, but Keane was a thug of the highest order who got pissed off because his own stupidity caused him to miss most of a season, and decided to take it out on someone.
    What he did to Keane in the previous encounter? What you mean the incident when Keane injured himself trying to foul Haaland? Yeah, really Haalands fault, that was. Thatchers foul was a disgrace, but Keane was a thug of the highest order who got pissed off because his own stupidity caused him to miss most of a season, and decided to take it out on someone.

No. Keane was fucked off because Haaland accused him of feigning injury - Haaland told the referee Keane was faking it when actually he was really injured. Everyone knows Keane's not the type to feign injury, and I'm sure he was fucked off with some dickhead like Haaland accusing him of doing it. Keane was still out of order, but Haaland was a silly bastard in the first instance.
    I agree to some extent. I think it was Figo at the World Cup who couldn't be banned restrospectivly because the referee had already brandished a yellow card, and so had "dealt with the incident." Now I think that they should have the right to override a referee's decision after a match has taken place, but it shouldn't be one rule for one and one for another. They can't just change the rules as they see fit to react to a particular incident.
    I agree they can't change the rules just for this incident.

I believe the FA should always be able to deal with an incident after the match even if the ref has "dealt" with it in the first place because obviously the cameras pick up a lot more than the referee. There is no way in this world that the ref saw the elbow fly into Mendes face, he can't have done. And like you mentioned there was no way the ref saw the Figo incident correctly. They need to change the rule completely and not just for this 1 incident.

The stamp on Giggs aswell was "dealt" with if I'm correct?? Might be wrong on that but that incident should have being dealt with by the FA after the game because that could have had a lot worse consequences than it did and was just as bad as this challenge on Mendes, the only difference is Giggs was lucky to get away with it relatively unhurt.
    migpilot wrote:
    Also, Fiend, my point was that if I was playing rugby I would half be expecting that kind of a challenge...
    You'd be expecting a heavier challenge, but at comparable levels rugby players just don't get away with that. You can't let them, because the game walks such a fine line.
    Addict wrote:
    Oh shut up, I couldn't care what shirt he's wearing, it was a sickening challenge on an honest professional.

Firstly, I'd hardly call Mendes "honest", but whatever.

If he was wearing, say, a Sunderland shirt, you couldn't give a toss. And you know it.

Thatcher is a dirty player, lets not forget he started at Wimbledon. But there are lots of dirty players in the Premiership that you couldn't give a toss about, and there have been far worse tackles in the Premiership that have received far less severe sentences.
    And I've always said Keane was out of line, but I have said that Haaland was a silly cunt who was asking for it, because of what he'd done to Keano in their previous encounter. There was history there, whereas this one just looks like Thatcher's gone in to do him over, totally unprovoked.

What history?

You mean where Keane tried to break Haaland's leg at Elland Road in 1997, and Haaland laughed at the stupid cunt afterwards?

Why should Haaland be sorry that Keane did to himself what he intended to do to Haaland? If I'd just been on the end of Keane's attempted GBH I'd have booted the cunt when he was on the ground, not just laughed at him.

I don't recall you demanding police intervention for Keane, on either occasion. In fact you believed Keane was being "victimised" after admitting in a book that he deliberately ended another player's career...

It's amazing what a bit of partizanship does to you. If Vieira had behaved half as badly as Keane you'd have been coming in your pants demanding that he was jailed and banned for life, and you know it.

Hypocrite, just like the other 75,000 at the Theatre of Dreams :lol:
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    You'd be expecting a heavier challenge, but at comparable levels rugby players just don't get away with that. You can't let them, because the game walks such a fine line.

I agree, but it happens.
    Oh and I played at SESSA level, got a gold medal too.
    I might be playing again from this year, coz I'm going back to uni, looking forward to it!! :D
    Well he's been charged then. So the FA are going against their own rules and the rules of FIFA to make a scapegoat of Ben. I can't help but think that if he was playing for one of the big four clubs, then they would've been their usual inept selves and claimed they couldn't punish him retrospectively.
    Kermit wrote:
    Firstly, I'd hardly call Mendes "honest", but whatever.

If he was wearing, say, a Sunderland shirt, you couldn't give a toss. And you know it.

Thatcher is a dirty player, lets not forget he started at Wimbledon. But there are lots of dirty players in the Premiership that you couldn't give a toss about, and there have been far worse tackles in the Premiership that have received far less severe sentences.

I disagree that there have been many worse challenges. Thatcher could have done Mendes irreversible nervous system damage. That's just so far beyond any broken bone it's untrue. Thatcher led with his arm into Mendes' neck - inexcusible.

Kermit wrote:
    What history?

You mean where Keane tried to break Haaland's leg at Elland Road in 1997, and Haaland laughed at the stupid cunt afterwards?

Why should Haaland be sorry that Keane did to himself what he intended to do to Haaland? If I'd just been on the end of Keane's attempted GBH I'd have booted the cunt when he was on the ground, not just laughed at him.

I don't recall you demanding police intervention for Keane, on either occasion. In fact you believed Keane was being "victimised" after admitting in a book that he deliberately ended another player's career...

It's amazing what a bit of partizanship does to you. If Vieira had behaved half as badly as Keane you'd have been coming in your pants demanding that he was jailed and banned for life, and you know it.

Hypocrite, just like the other 75,000 at the Theatre of Dreams :lol:

I'm not going to get into this, because it's always you accusing me of letting threads disintegrate into petty tit for tat, when in fact in this instance (like so many times before) it is you who has sought to side-track the thread.

I've made my position clear on the Keane incident. He was out of order but Haaland was a stupid cunt, and provoked the situation. Anyone can have their own personal interpretation of events and that's fair enough. I'm not arsed debating it.
    Addict wrote:
    I've made my position clear on the Keane incident. He was out of order but Haaland was a stupid cunt, and provoked the situation. Anyone can have their own personal interpretation of events and that's fair enough. I'm not arsed debating it.
    Provoking the situation suggests that Keane's challenge was somewhat spur of the moment. Thatcher shouted at him, Keane got mad, then bam, 3 years later Keane snapped and broke his leg. It was a premeditated attack of the worst kind and no provocation was involved.
    Provoking the situation suggests that Keane's challenge was somewhat spur of the moment. Thatcher shouted at him, Keane got mad, then bam, 3 years later Keane snapped and broke his leg. It was a premeditated attack of the worst kind and no provocation was involved.

Haaland was always mouthing off to Keane being a cunt, but the feigning injury accusation was obviously the thing that stuckwith Keane the most. I don't know if Haaland said anything in that match, but Keane certainly had the accusations fresh in his mind. It wasn't just a random attack between 2 players with no history. Fuck this, I said I can't be arsed and I'm not.
    But you can't sit there and demand that Thatcher have the book thrown at him when you yourself sat there and said that Keane was harshly treated with a small ban after deliberately ending the career of another professional.

Thatcher didn't lead into his neck at all, its quite clearly his face he connects with. A disgusting challenge nonetheless, but nowhere near as bad as Keane's. Using your own logic Thatcher should only get a two-match ban.

The worst tackle I've even seen was from Kevin Gray, then of Huddersfield, on Gordon Watson. Gray didn't even get a fine; indeed, his club felt he was justified in his two-footed lunge which broke another player's leg in three places.

You cannot sit there and say that Haaland deserved to have his leg broken, and that Keane was acting out of anger a mere four years after the supposed incident (which was Keane's fault then), and then start calling for Thatcher's head to roll.

You only give a toss because he's a blue. In exactly the same way that you think Haaland deserved it because he played for Leeds and City. Typical Man Utd fan, can justify any violence their own team of thugs do and then piss their pants when any other team does it.
    Kermit wrote:
    The worst tackle I've even seen was from Kevin Gray, then of Huddersfield, on Gordon Watson. Gray didn't even get a fine; indeed, his club felt he was justified in his two-footed lunge which broke another player's leg in three places.

How the hell was that justified? He broke the guy's leg for christs sake. (And ended his career, IIRC)