Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do i say it without hurting him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As i said my Boyf is goin in2 the army this is like his dream!! I know we're engaged but i don't know how to break it to him that i don't want him to go in2 the army!! Ive thought about it, i don't want to sound selfish or anythin but HOW do i tell him?? Some1 give me some advice???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hiya,
    i think that its best to b honest straight away, if he realy cares, as he obviously does as ur engaged, then he will seriously consider what u say. but on the other hand this may b a dream 4 him, obv i wouldnt know, but if it is dont b dishartened if he gets upset or a bit moody, this is a big step to go to the army, let alone it being miles away.
    could he not go to 1 near u?(i dont know about the army so if thats aload a bollox just laugh at me!!!).
    any way, good luck, get it out ASAP to save u stressin about it.
    c ya
    love helly
    I'm sorry, but yes, this is very selfish.

How can you even contemplate asking him not to go into the army?

Have u not got a life of your own? U guys r engaged, what more do u want?

At first u were complaining about him moving away and then he proposed and took you with him to London. Now you are saying you don't want him in the army. will u ever be happy?

You are too young to be worrying about these things. Have you not got college or work and friends to go out with, etc. while he is away?

Of course, you'll be sad when he's away but how can u ask him to give it up? And don't even go there with the "If he really loves me" thing because that is just not fair on him. The army is his dream but that doesn't mean he doesn't love you.

He asked u to marry him for goddness sake!

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it just sounds like you need a reality check, girlfriend.

Be strong and I hope u sort it out.
    Since posting that reply I have read your other post about your fling.

U r just leading this guy up the garden path to more heartbreak.

U should not be engaged to someone if u cannot stay faithful and u certainly should not be asking him to give up his dream for you!
    I don't think its selfish at all. A girl need to see a man often or the relationship won't work. Have you told him yet? Its important to consider if he would pull out for you.