Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

When were you last chatted up?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
haha iv just been chatted up by someone that i know by sight in the net cafe :hyper:

Im moving away for a year in a couple of weeks so nothings really going to happen, but thats not the point, id forgotten how nice it feels to know that someone fancys you.:D

so to make this post slightly less pointless whats the most creative way you've been chatted up? and did anything come of it?

ooh and were going out for a drink next week :flirt: :blush:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Usually I just get people from work staring at me and sending me bizarre messages for weeks on end :rolleyes:

I usually just speak to people and stuff about random stuff and if there's something there then there's something there.
    No one ever chats me up .. i have to do the work .. not fair :D
    :grump: some men at the jobcentre yesterday.

it wasnt creative in the slightest. two of them were following me down the road insisting i give out my phone number, and wouldnt take the hint when i told them to go away. I told them i dont own a mobile phone, sods law that my boyfriend text me just after i said that :grump:
    the DJ who was working in the function hall at the hotel where i work tried to chat me up last week. i was down in the public bar, and he kept coming down to show me magic tricks and shit. he had scbby teeth and THE MOST STINKY BO i have ever smelt off a person, he smelled like wet dog, and sweat, and just urgh. :sour:

he asked me out to Charlie's, this notorious bar round where i live, which is affectionately called 'the sticky carpet', so you can imagine :rolleyes: i politely declined him. but i wasnt shameless enough to decline his offer of a free taxi ride home, as it was on his way. hahaha :thumb:
    Some guy at work the other day, as him and his friends were leaving his friend gave me his number on a piece of paper. It went straight in the bin :p
    I've never been chatted up. Most people avoid the ooglies.
    my_name wrote:
    I've never been chatted up. Most people avoid the ooglies.

Hey .. ive seen you round these parts before .. wanna get a drink some time ;)
    last night at the festival. Think he wanted me just for my umbrella tbh :grump:
    When I was on a long haul flight to Brazil in June I got chatting to one of my fellow passengers who was sat on the other side of the aisle from me, just asked him where he was from etc and thought nothing much of it.

About an hour or so into the flight I received a note from him that said "You are really beautiful. But I guess you already know that?" and to make it even more stupid the note was written on an unused sick bag! Then he kept giving me 'the look' and as I was effectively trapped less than one metre away from him for at least another 10 hours I decided I should go to sleep or at least pretend to be asleep to make it less awkward.

When I woke up a few hours later he had worked his magic (not sure if he used a sick bag note again or tried another approach) and had some other girl on the previously empty seat next to him with a blanket over them and they were full on snogging and you could tell they were doing rude things to each other under the blanket!

:yuck:
    Randomgirl wrote:
    When I was on a long haul flight to Brazil in June I got chatting to one of my fellow passengers who was sat on the other side of the aisle from me, just asked him where he was from etc and thought nothing much of it.

About an hour or so into the flight I received a note from him that said "You are really beautiful. But I guess you already know that?" and to make it even more stupid the note was written on an unused sick bag! Then he kept giving me 'the look' and as I was effectively trapped less than one metre away from him for at least another 10 hours I decided I should go to sleep or at least pretend to be asleep to make it less awkward.

When I woke up a few hours later he had worked his magic (not sure if he used a sick bag note again or tried another approach) and had some other girl on the previously empty seat next to him with a blanket over them and they were full on snogging and you could tell they were doing rude things to each other under the blanket!

:yuck:

:lol: Sounds like a smoothy :lol:
    Haha RG that is awful - true romance for you eh :lol:

I get chatted up all the time but sadly only ever by a)fruitcakes, b) octogenarians, c) people only familiar with bathing as a concept, not a practise, d) complete and utter perverts or e) all of the above.

The last attractive and reasonably sane person I was chatted up by was female, the person before that was my boyfriend's best mate. Oh dear, but at least I know I'm approachable ;)

I prefer to do the pursuing myself, to be honest, and after years of honing my craft I am the queen of the chat up - not to toot my own horn or anything like that :thumb:
    \
    Sophia never gets chatted up on here, ever.
    \
    Edited because Sophia told me to!

Now edit yours, hobag :p
    \
    I don't think I've ever said that in my life!
    I've edited mine, now you do yours because you've quoted me :p
    \
    Oh yes. Editing? What editing?
    never....been eyed up but not chatted up - too young yet :p
    Ballerina wrote:
    never....been eyed up but not chatted up - too young yet :p

its because your a redhead; they think you'll breathe fire :p
    i normally just get girls smile at me or compliment my (*whatever*- hair, shoes, t-shirt, watch, etc)
    Blah wrote:
    its because your a redhead; they think you'll breathe fire :p
    so thats why i never get approached!! :rolleyes:
    Ballerina wrote:
    so thats why i never get approached!! :rolleyes:
    was only joking, sorry if any offence taken

although i have heard of men feeling intimidated by redheads before.
    Blah wrote:
    was only joking, sorry if any offence taken

although i have heard of men feeling intimidated by redheads before.
    hehe i was going along with it :p - i don't think i'm intimiating looking, but maybe the hair is enough!
    Or it might be the glasses....:chin:
    I've been getting texts off a girl for about a month now asking for sex. I'm not sure whether that counts as being chatted up though. I get chatted up every so often, but as much by guys as girls. Either way, it's nice to find that someone likes you.
    I can't usually tell if I'm being chatted up, I think they're just having the craic.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    when I was in a club waiting to leave (my friend was at the bogs)
    What a charming term! :p

I don't know the last time I was chatted up tbh but I do jokingly chat my boyfriend up now and again..."so do you come here often?" etc, which, bizarrely he never finds quite as amusing as me! :chin: