Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Don't You Just Hate it When ...

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
You are sound asleep, somebody phones and then by the time you get up and get downstairs to the phone they have rung off, not left a message and the number was withheld :grump:

To give the thread some point ... finish this sentence:

Don't you just hate it when ...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You feel loved up but have nobody to share it with.

You're groggy and tired and don't want to get out of bed but you have to.

People have the choice to do the right thing of the selfish thing and they choose the latter.

You get toothpaste in your beard and for the next few hours you have an itchy 'menthol' sensation on your chin.

You're waiting for something but because you're so nervous you fill the time between now and then just sitting and worrying about it.

Everything just starts to go horribly wrong.

You see a friend cry.

That's my list for this morning, I'm sure I can come up with plenty mroe for later though!
    I hate it when we get one of these threads, then some young hopeful makes a "don't you just love it when" version and it's left in the dust when this one ramps up a couple of hundred replies and the cheerful one gets two.
    You get up thinking you have to leave at quarter to 9, then get told you could have spent another half hour in bed ;(.
    you have to get up early.
    Don't you just hate it when you have exams and you have to do shit loads of revision.
    ..you run out of nail varnish remover halfway through taking your varnish off :grump:
    When you've planned to have a lie-in (because for the first time in weeks you can) and some INCONSIDERATE MISERY WHO HASN'T LEFT THEIR NAME AND WONT REPLY TO ME texts you wishing you luck for your driving test WHICH IS A WEEK AWAY at QUARTER PAST EIGHT
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    When people don't inform you about events you want to attend until the same day that the event is on.
    When people choose politeness over honesty and lie.
    When the phone rings the moment you go in the toilet or the shower.
    When the phone, mobile and doorbell ring at the same time.
    \
    I hate it when stupid people on ebay dont read the chuffing listing properly :mad:
    I hate it when I hear the wonderful sound of an alarm clock oing off at 9am on a Saturday/Sunday morning.

I hate it when I've told my sister that I need to get up early (about 5am) and she comes up about 12/1am adn turns the bedroom light on, waking me up.
    sophia wrote:
    I hate it when I'm sent away from the convent to go and be governess to the seven children of a widowed Austrian sea Admiral, we fall in love and get married, but then have to flee the Nazis on foot over the mountains. Ok, so that's never happened to me, that only happened to Fraulein Maria. But I still think I would hate it.

I think I'd quite like that, especially since I can already dance the ländler :hyper:

I do rather hate it when people put sugar in hot drinks and don't stir it.
    Don't you just hate it when....

...people ring from a withheld number and do not leave a message.

...the dreaded credit card bill pops through the letter box!

...you really fancy something nice to eat, go to the fridge and someone else has already eaten it.

...you have a vaild point but you can't express it!

...someones mobile in the office rings but they are not at their desk and to make it worse they have an irritating ringtone

...you are in one of them 'blah' moods and everyone around you is super cheerful
    ButtonMoon wrote:

...you really fancy something nice to eat, go to the fridge and someone else has already eaten it.

This happened to me yesterday. I was not happy.:grump:
    you've just got dressed in something nice/somethine white/something you've just washed...
    .. and you promptly spill food down it :impissed:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    ...you have a vaild point but you can't express it!
    Yup.
    all your friends have their GCSE results and you don't...making you more anxious
    When you get that "Beeecause of you" song stuck in your head because they play it in Myo during you lunch break.

When your flatmate acts like a sleazy git but gets away with it because he's got £.

When you're trying to get into a nightclub with a 17 year old when you're 22, but she gets straight in and you get IDed.

Woe is me, innit.
    I hate it when people really don't care but act as though they do. Just told mum that I think (and hope) I've passed GNVQ ICT and she was like 'good' and that was it.
    Don't you just hate it when...

... You run out of clean socks and are left with holey ones or bizarre ones that don't match in height.

... Sunday night is coming all to quickly, yet Friday afternoon refuses to be here NOW.

... You drop the guinea pig as you are taking it back to the cage

... You get a cardboard cut on your thumb.

... You get pins and needles in strange places.

... You've been food shopping but get home and find that there is nothing to eat for lunch. *is hungry*

... Your sister gets better GCSE results than you did and has more cheek to milk the situation for more profit than you did.
    Don't you just hate it when...

... You run out of clean socks and are left with holey ones or bizarre ones that don't match in height.

I always find this. I think someone keeps pinching them. Also hate it when the only socks I can find are odd socks.
    Your undercrackers spend all day crawling further and further upwards.
    Sofie wrote:
    I always find this. I think someone keeps pinching them. Also hate it when the only socks I can find are odd socks.
    I don't mind odd socks as long as they are the same height and thickness. Otherwise it's just strange!
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I don't mind odd socks as long as they are the same height and thickness. Otherwise it's just strange!

And the same colour
    Don't you just hate it when some muppet puts the back window through on your car? I do. :(