Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hazard Perception

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I my theory test tomorrow, which I'm starting to dread. The actual theory part will be fine, it's just the hazard perception I need a miracle with!

So... any hints for the hazard perception test?

Comments

• Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I my theory test tomorrow, which I'm starting to dread. The actual theory part will be fine, it's just the hazard perception I need a miracle with!

So... any hints for the hazard perception test?

It will be fine :yes: I passed that 1st time, it's the parctical you should be worried about, iv'e failed 2 times already.

Just click as soon as you see the hazard can't really give any tips really as it's all common sense.
  • Options
    Get your backside over to a mates or to smiths and get the practise disk. Practise non stop between now and your test.

Failing that, google it and go for all the practise clips on t'interweb anywhere.

Take your time before the test starts, do the practise clip and make sure you click hard. Click when you see something that would require you to take action while driving, if you see kids walking towards the road, something driving through a petrol station, hazard lights, a sign for road works. Then click again each time the situation develops.

Good luck.
  • Options
    exactly. situation where you may have to stop suddenly or slow down. common sense
  • Options
    Its piss easy and near enough impossible to fail. i got 59/75 in mine and i was worrying like you as well but its just common sense really
  • Options
    Ok, thankyou, I'm aware that it is common sense, but I've been told that I have slow reactions from my driving instructor, which I've kinda known anyway :)
  • Options
    oh. its ages since i passed myn. but i seem to remember you just click when you see the hazard developing - its pretty straight forward and as icey says "piss easy" ... no need to dread it really. play some computer games they're good for sharpening reactions :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The hazard perception part is crap.

I had a big rant to my instructor about how stupid it was and he agreed with me. Everytime you see something that could be a potential hazard then click. And then click again when it moves / changes. The thing about the HP is that what you see as a hazard isn't what they are looking for in that question so just click every time you see a potential hazard and you should be fine.

I have passed the practice ones but have my real one in a couple of weeks. Let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    Ok, thankyou, I've got the computer things- as bought a triple set with theory, HP and practice too- which is quite helpful!!
  • Options
    make good use of the theory disc! i used these and the actual test is about 99% the same as on the disc. If you can pass most times using the disc then you should have no problems in your exam.
  • Options
    I really need to get around to passing my test
  • Options
    I passed it! 34/34 and 52/75. Got a bottle of champagne and bottle of perfume for a congrats pressy! Wahey!
  • Options
    Well done :D
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I passed it! 34/34 and 52/75. Got a bottle of champagne and bottle of perfume for a congrats pressy! Wahey!
    What did I say?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    What did I say?
    Cheers littlemissy and fiend.

I know, I really need to have more confidence in myself :)
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Cheers littlemissy and fiend.

I know, I really need to have more confidence in myself :)

Yup. Not only did you pass, you passed with really good marks. :yippe:
  • Options
    i'm doing mine next week and i don't understand the hazard perception bit :(
  • Options
    Yup. Not only did you pass, you passed with really good marks. :yippe:
    :hyper: Hell yea!!! :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I said it elsewhere too, but since this is the official thread:
    Congrats! :thumb:
  • Options
    Well done girl! Really good marks as well. How long til you do your practical?
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:

Sorted! :thumb:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    your-babe wrote:
    well done sweetie pie! :yippe:
  • Options
    Thankyou everyone! My practical is on the 10th Oct, 8 days before my 18th. Shitting it lol.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Thankyou everyone! My practical is on the 10th Oct, 8 days before my 18th. Shitting it lol.
    :eek2: The practical is months after the theoretical??
  • Options
    :eek2: The practical is months after the theoretical??

You can take the practical up tp 2 years after your theory.
  • Options
    You can take the practical up tp 2 years after your theory.
    :eek2:
    EDIT: Well of course you can, but the first attempt being so long after the theory sounds strange...
  • Options
    Well done.
  • Options
    :eek2:
    EDIT: Well of course you can, but the first attempt being so long after the theory sounds strange...

I don't think you can book your practical without having first passed your theory (correct me if i'm wrong ... ) and there is normally at least a 3 week wait between booking and actually taking the test. But then again, that depends on the area.
  • Options
    I don't think you can book your practical without having first passed your theory (correct me if i'm wrong ... ) and there is normally at least a 3 week wait between booking and actually taking the test. But then again, that depends on the area.
    3 weeks, wow. The laws must be a bit different here, because I had my theory and frst practical on the same day (like many others).
  • Options
    3 weeks, wow. The laws must be a bit different here, because I had my theory and frst practical on the same day (like many others).

Nah, you can't do that here.

What happens if you fail your theory then?
  • Options
    Nah, you can't do that here.

What happens if you fail your theory then?
    You probably just don't go for the practical.