Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone Tried Using Zopa?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.zopa.com/ZopaWeb/

The idea is to replace the banks, i.e. there's people with money who want to lend and people who need to borrow money. The idea being the lender get more money and the borrowers pay less interest.

I know some of you seem to owe a lot on your credit cards and overdrafts so something like this might be a good way to pay off your high interest rates debts and start paying back at a lower rate

Comments

• Options
    I only use Zopa for getting my equifax credit score for free ;)

Moneyback is the cheapest at the moment @ 5.6% unsecured
  • Options
    I only use Zopa for getting my equifax credit score for free ;)

Moneyback is the cheapest at the moment @ 5.6% unsecured

How do you get them to give your your credit score for free?

Do you sign up as someone who wants to borrow money?

Also I'm sure I heard that the computer systems at the various credit checking companies make a note of how many times a request is made, i.e. as a sign to try and figure out how many people are applying for loads of credit cards.
  • Options
    Hi buddy,

Yeah register on the site as a borrower then after you register there is a button there to "Get my credit score" it will the link you in to equifax and get your score for you...:)
    It's a neat feature.

Also the searches that Zopa do to get your score won't count against you as they are whats known as footprint searches, they aren't looked at by credit agencies.. each time for example you get your credit file, one of these footprint searches would register on your account. :)