Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nintendo Wii

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
89.99 pounds
out November haparently.

might well get one, don't like normal console controllers v much, way too digital in as far as left right up down are either 0 or 1. i like analogue controlls like the mouse and the new wifi controllers. do a google on it it looks good too,.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    £90? That's it, I'm getting one. I love Nintendo stuff, they're always so much fun when you have few people round. And I gave up giving a shit about graphics a long time ago.
    goldeneye and mario kart 64 were quite possibly the most fun games ever

im tempted to get an old n64 just so i can play mario kart on it
    WHAAAAAAA?????

only 90 squids? thats less than a ds...something funny here. also consider the fact that new titles (not emulated on the virtual console) will be £50 upon the release of the wii (that last bit sounds too funny - "release of the wii"). last I heard it was going to be around the £150 mark, which i think is more realistic. ill be getting one in any case :)
    The Gamecube was only £130 when it first came out, and it went down to £90 within a few months though.
  • Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    89.99 pounds
    out November haparently.

I hope it is that cheap.

The £90 price is just a conversion of the $170 (or something like that) price that an executive from EA Games mentioned. It's not officially from Nintendo and it's (unfortunately) unlikely that will be the price here in Europe.
    ...last I heard it was going to be around the £150 mark, which i think is more realistic. ill be getting one in any case :)

This seems closer to what we'll be expected to pay.

:grump: Americans and Japanese with their cheap consoles :grump:
    I'll be getting one for xmas then :razz:
    Hmmmmm.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it.

If it is £90, it raises the question of how much of a step up it is from the Gamecube. I'm really not convinced by the 'wii-mote', I can't see myself jumping around to play games.....I just don't have the space.

I hope I'm forced to eat my words. I really do.