Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

has anyone here made

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
frozen yogourt before?

I tried making some, mixed a load of strawberries with some natural yogourt and froze it overnight. But it came out as hard as a block of ice!

How is scoop-able frozen yogourt achieved?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could try putting the yoghurt in an air tight container and submerging it in cold water.
    I've never actually made frozen yoghurt before, but what usually happens with that kind of stuff is that, once it's beginning to freeze, you have to take it out of the freezer and beat it to break up the ice crystals. I usually do this about two hours after putting it in, and again another hour or two later.

If you leave it in the freezer after it's ready it WILL freeze into an impenetrable block, so you need to get it out a while before you want to eat it so it can soften up a little. If you find it goes too sloppy left out on the worktop soften it in the fridge instead.
    Miffy wrote:
    I've never actually made frozen yoghurt before, but what usually happens with that kind of stuff is that, once it's beginning to freeze, you have to take it out of the freezer and beat it to break up the ice crystals. I usually do this about two hours after putting it in, and again another hour or two later.

If you leave it in the freezer after it's ready it WILL freeze into an impenetrable block, so you need to get it out a while before you want to eat it so it can soften up a little. If you find it goes too sloppy left out on the worktop soften it in the fridge instead.
    :yes: Never done frozen yogurt but this is the way I've made home made ice cream in the past.
    Ah i see now!!

Cheers miffy :)
    Blah wrote:
    Ah i see now!!

Cheers miffy :)

mums know everything :)
    froghurt