Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A square problem...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok. Here's the deal. I've got a friends going apeshit at me cos I've been talking to the girl he wants.

Ok, it's a bit more than talking to. Me and this girl are now good friends, and I guess it appears we flirt with each other a lot. However (for a change), my dick has taken a back seat cos I respect the fact that my friend wants to go out with her. He's never had a girlfriend, and I think maybe he's got a chance with this girl.

However, I'm getting really, really pissed at the fact that he is going apeshit at me for becoming friends with her.

The shit of it is that we made this "pact" not to go for a girl the other one likes. Of course, this has already gone to hell so many times. Basically, what should I tell him? I'm inclined to tell him to fuck off, cos he's being a wanker and a hypocrite (I wont go into the hypocrite part, cos it get's really confusing!). I have no problem hurting him emotionally (I can't hurt him physically cos he built like a brick shithouse), but I don't want to emotionally cripple him.

Ok, i know he doesn't sound like the best of friends, but we have a wierd friendship. Just any ideas for the above questions would be welcome.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just tell him too bad, we are friends and you can't change that.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive bin in the situation of ur mate, and of u. being in ur mates situation is awful, when i go 2 clubs with a certain mate, she always notices i like some1, mayb cause im a bit flirty, and i'll dance with em, chat etc, but she'll end up goin with em, bitch, she just grabs em and snogs em, so then theyre attached 2 her, it cause i guess, well know as theyve often told me, that its b cause shes 'easy'. its an awful feelin when a mate becomes good mates, or starts 2 go out with the bloke ur after.
    u obviously have never experienced this as ur a stud or someint, but it knocks ur confidence and breaks ur heart, go easy with him, place urself in his shoes. and remeber, girls/boys come and go but friends can remain 4 eva,
    try not 2 c her as much, and if u do dont go on about it, if her and ur friendship is that gr8 then a break from eachother should b fine.
    u also said the girl may b interested in ur mate, talk 2 her, inconspiqusily find out, and if so step back and let ur mate become friends with her.
    love ya helly