Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

In the genes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
London brunette posted a situation that poses an interesting point.

I believe that generally, a guy's behaviour is geared to getting their leg over. Whatever the situation, there is invariable a well (or not so well) hidden direct or indirect shag angle to it.

Two questions:

Men: Anyone agree or disagree
Women: Had any experiences where the true motive emerges, and is this the norm?

[This message has been edited by Cleanblade (edited 06-09-2000).]

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think when a guy first approaches a girl, he is always looking for a shag. If the guy is over-confident, he will ask sooner rather than later, and probably get's a lot of sex but not very many close female friends.

If a guy is a bit more timid, it may take him a while, he may want to get to know the girl really well first. But the underlying thing is still there.

If guy is getting too close, and a girl doesn't have any feelings other than as friends, then girls, can you please tell him. It is really annoying to ruin a friendship when all it would have taken is a case of jokingly saying that the guy hasn't a hope in hell.

Sure, the basic purpose of all life is to continue itself. Women and men just look for different things. Women put it more into the reproductive process (9 months physically draining pregnancy, and the rest), so they look for a more devoted kind of partner. Men, on the other hand, put in relatively little effort, so are programmed to screw around more. If we were all ruled by our genes, I'd agree with Cleanblade.

BUT, we're not exclusively the products of our genes. If we were, we'd still be in the jungles. It's perfectly possible for a guy to become friends with a gal, and the sexual component to only light up later.
    Sorry u guys but here comes the female input:

WHY oh why do guys use neanderthal excuses when they find it impossible to be in a monogomous relationship?

We may have animal instincts but don't underestimate humans, we have evolved so much.

I know loads of guys who are not controlled by an 'indirect shag angle' and I know loads of guys that are. And the same goes for females. The reason why some females have become more like this in recent years is because before men always repressed women, using their physical strength as an advantage.

So if you are really horny you are really horny. Stop trying to find reasons and excuses for it. Some have higher testosterone levels than others and the average man has way more testosterone than the average woman.

You are not cavemen so stop being so macho.

No offence, guys. Love u all, just wish more guys would find their feminin side and the world would probably be a much better place! Hehehe!

What do you reckon?

when a girl or lad approaches the opposite sex, its a blatent physical attraction, and so the thought of shaggin may b involved.
    i thought all lads were the same, and as evey1 who knows me knows i tend to refer to em all as bastards due to my own and other peoples experiences with em. although ive found 1 exception, and he aint after just a shag, unfortunately hes perfect but i just dont seem to like him in a wanting a relationship way, i can honestly say that hes the only 1 ive meet whos not dick strong.
    i thought my ex was the same, when we were discussing sex, and he was sayin how he'd wait till i was ready,and wanted 2 shag him and the next minute we were shaggin, so he was obviously goin about askin 4 a shag, although it take 2 2 tango.
    It really can go either way; take the four people with whom I'm most intimate in the emotional sense. Two are male, two female. Of the latter, one I'm in love with and with the other there's no physical/sexual element to our relationship at all.

Emotional intmacy and sexuality are (or can be) totally separate things. On the other hand, one can grow from the other, as happened with me.
  • Girl-From-MarsGirl-From-Mars Posts: 2,822 Boards Guru
    I have many close male friends, i thinkthey make better friends than girls coz they arent so bitchy! some need to get more used to talking about their feelings though, showing their feminine side if you like! although my boyfriend, i met him on the net as a friend first and thats how we first knew each other, as friends.. and i suppose sexual feelings and romance grew from the closeness of our friendship. so i dont think all males are out for sex, my boyfriend wasnt as he was shy and a genuine nice guy, and we waited untl we both felt ready and there was no pressure at all. a lot of males do just think of sex when they first meet a girl.. the immature ones!! and obviously there has to be an element of physical attraction.. but that doesnt necessarily mean sex is the first thing on their minds.