Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Non paying eBay c*nts

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thats the chance you take when touting, you scam people, people scam you back
  • Options
    Yeah unfortunately, the £30 still hasn't arrived! If it doesn't this week, angry letters will be sent...
  • Options
    Sorry already sold. Got lucky and someone bought them for £350 so still not really losing out. The damned woman still hasn't sent me any fucking compensation. Will now write to her demanding £30 plus the £50 shortfall as I had to majorly lower my prices in order to sell the damn things so close to the festival.

Despite what Kermit, Renzo et al. may say, until they make it impossible to tout tickets, I intent to continue to do so as to date, it has funded me quite nicely through uni. They're my tickets and I can do what I like with them.

You don't need to be such an arse about it to her. You never 'lost' £400. You're selling the tickets at double their cost anyway. You wanker. :grump:
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    You don't need to be such an arse about it to her. You never 'lost' £400. You're selling the tickets at double their cost anyway. You wanker. :grump:

Sticks and stones Renzo. You pissed off that you're not going to Reading? I bet you are. Tell me how it hurts.

I feel I'm completely in the right by demanding some form of compensation from her. I am not being an arse to her. Bet my granny you would have done the same if she had defaulted on paying you the same amount for something she had originally committed to buy. Especially when eBay charge you to relist plus charge you a percentage of the sale price.
  • Options
    Sticks and stones Renzo. You pissed off that you're not going to Reading? I bet you are. Tell me how it hurts.

I feel I'm completely in the right by demanding some form of compensation from her. I am not being an arse to her. Bet my granny you would have done the same if she had defaulted on paying you the same amount for something she had originally committed to buy. Especially when eBay charge you to relist plus charge you a percentage of the sale price.

Im going to Reading. I bought my tickets from the website at the normal price.
  • Options
    So what's your problem with me excercising my capitalist right to charge higher prices for things that are in short supply?
  • Options
    So what's your problem with me excercising my capitalist right to charge higher prices for things that are in short supply?

I just think it's wrong, disadvantaging an honest person who doesnt have a shed load of stupid money to spend on buying tickets at inflated prices. If you have to sell them just do it at the normal price. Capitalist...just like Lenin ay? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    I just think it's wrong, disadvantaging an honest person who doesnt have a shed load of stupid money to spend on buying tickets at inflated prices. If you have to sell them just do it at the normal price. Capitalist...just like Lenin ay? :crazyeyes

thing is renzo, people do have the money to pay for these tickets, and they do
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    thing is renzo, people do have the money to pay for these tickets, and they do

People are idiots. Buy doing it they're just encouraging the fuckers.
  • Options
    so what? people have a god given right to be idiots

if someone doesnt get chance to get a leeds/reading ticket, at least the tout is offering them the chance, they dont have to pay the prices, but they do

if no touts bought the tickets then said idiots would never have a chance to go
  • Options
    Except that if the touts hadn't bought the tickets to start with then maybe they'd still have been there for the idiots in the first place, at the fair price.
  • Options
    That could be easily solved by ONLY BUYING TICKETS TO SHOWS/FESTIVALS/COUNTRY BARN DANCING DISPLAYS THAT YOU WANT TO ATTEND. But that would be too straightforward and cut out that middle man that everyone loves so much :heart:

However, it's not even worth arguing about. Let's all have a kit kat and chill the fuck out, k? :thumb:
  • Options
    Sorry already sold. Got lucky and someone bought them for £350 so still not really losing out. The damned woman still hasn't sent me any fucking compensation. Will now write to her demanding £30 plus the £50 shortfall as I had to majorly lower my prices in order to sell the damn things so close to the festival.

Fingers crossed she tells you to FOAD and then goes and reports you to Trading Standards and the police :thumb:
  • Options
    What's FOAD ?
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    What's FOAD ?

F*ck
    Off
    And
    Die
  • Options
    Oh right. I thought it was summat like the Office of Fair Trading :D
  • Options
    Yeah I can just imagine Old Bill knocking on my front door right now...

Me and the tens of thousands of other people who sell tickets for higher prices. Jesus Christ, get a life you sad fuckers. Take a step back and perhaps realise that it's a little sad getting so worked up about something like this? Hmm?
  • Options
    Touting in general is bad though. mm'kay.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Fingers crossed she tells you to FOAD and then goes and reports you to Trading Standards and the police :thumb:

:lol: i fucking hate touts as well and i won't buy tickets at stupidly inflated prices on principle, but there are people who will and supply and demand dictates the price, that's life.....
  • Options
    The art of good business is being a good middleman ;)
  • Options
    Oh, I doubt the rozzers will turn up too, but its a shame they don't.

Bankrupt a couple of touts and you'll stamp out the cancer straight away.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Bankrupt a couple of touts and you'll stamp out the cancer straight away.

Yes, touting truly is a cancer eating away at our fair nation. Where will it end? Will parents buy up tickets for the Nativity play and flog them on eBay at vastly inflated prices so some kids can flaunt the 2 ticket maximum allowance to bring their uncles and aunties? Jesus Christ, someone call in the Daily Mail.

You see, unfortunately, knocking out a couple of touts will in fact do nothing as the touting empire is constructed in a manner akin to the Algerian resistance movement that successfully gained independence from the French and was so well documented in the film 'La Bataille D'Algers'. You see, in the touting game, we only know 3 other people in it. No-one in the organisation, not even the mystical 'Boss' knows more than three people. So capturing and/or eliminating one member of the organisation can only ever name 3 further people. Many have tried to smash us, none have succeeded. Resistence is futile.

Don't quite know what came over me there.
  • Options
    been watching star trek?
  • Options
    Sometimes a tout works in the buyers favour. E.g. I have bought tickets for only a slight increase on original price at much shorter notice so I don't have to decide too far in advanced if I want to go and don't need to be organised to decide what I'll be doing in six months time. Also (not e-bay but touting in general) you can play it by ear for outdoor things with respect to the weather or if you feel like it on the day.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    What's FOAD ?

not to worry, just the usual over-agressive response from Mr. Rage himself.