Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

should i end it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have just turned 17. i have been going out with this girl for about a month. i really like her, but i recently found out she was 14. she never lied to me about this, but it really wasnt obvious, most of her friends are my age, and she seems mature to me. we havent slept together or anything, but we have masturbated each other.
i talked to her about us, she said if i hadnt noticed the age difference how could it matter, but im not really sure whether i should continue seeing her, as i feel really sleazy.
can anyone help me?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry u find yourself in this predicament, but I get the feeling u already know what u should do.

If it don't feel right, it ain't right!

However after the age of 16, then of course everything changes, age then is a hell of a lot less relevant, especially in regard to the law.

take care and do the right thing, you need to maintain your self respect,

regards derby
  • Options
    I'm afraid I have to disagree with derby. If you've been going out for a month and the age gap didn't make a difference up to now then it still shouldn't. I think you should keep on seeing her but then sex does become an obsticle-are you willing to break the law??!
    If you're not then I don't see how it could work.

hope you sort things out either way
    london_brunette
    xxx
  • Options
    A relationship can work without full blown sex, it just takes a little more imagination! If she's happy though, then just do whatever feels right. Technically is is illegal for the two of you to go all the way, but you don't have to follow that if you feel strongly enough. I agree that if you didn't notice the age gap before it probably doesn't matter.