Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Friends......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. Im 17 m, and i have a really good friend, who is also a guy (we are just friends, not sexual or anything, i am not gay or bi, just a normal straight 17 year old guy) and our friends dont get along with each other.

So usually i hang around a group of people and he hangs around another group, and our groups hate each other. Well anyways i started going to nightclubs and stuff with him and his friends, and so i started to get different clothes and all, and at the time he was saying that yeah i looked alright and all, but now everytime i say that i will buy a new shirt or that i will be going to some nightclub, he says that all i am trying to do is be like him. i dont know what is goin on, since we have been friends for a really long time and these comments are making me feel really out of place. I thought for a second that maybe his friends are resenting him letting me join in, but i am friends with most of them anyways...

whats going on, should i just ignore his comments and keep going with them, or should i just take a hint, and go with my other friends instead???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,

Perhaps you should be open with your friend, explain how you are feeling because of his actions, see what his response is, see how much he values your friendship.

I guess that your friend may be being influenced by his peers (the group of friends he is hanging around with). If they are putting pressure on him to distance himself from you,(therefore your group of friends) then this may explain his behaviour.

See how it goes,
    derby

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have to agree with derby- you have to talk to your friend but then again if it's only him who's making you feel out of place and you're friends with everyone else in the group then you should just ignore his comments and still hang out with them.

hope you sort things out either way
    london_brunette
    xxx