Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

X Factor 2006!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Since BB is amost over, this can be our new cult thread :D

Who's looking forward to it? Littlemissy, Tweety, Babyshamblers and myself are the ones I can remember liking it from last year, anyone else going to admit it? ;)

I saw an advert for it this morning and Paula Abdul was a judge, what's that all about?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't watch it past the audition stages (and I only watch those to indulge my evil streak) but my other half is scarily obsessed, he must've watched that show of highlights from last year's about four times now. Weirdo :p
    Yay! Something to watch on a Saturday evening.

I find it a bit fake now though...I went to last year's audition with a friend..the people who are "bad" know why they're there and play up to it!

The audition stages are the best though...I loved that little old lady!
    The auditions are definitely the best part but I agree with you about it getting a bit fake, people know if they're crap and act up a bit then they'll get on telly.

Remember that Eminem wannabe guy from last year, he was on something the other day talking about a recording deal he's got now :shocking:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Paula Abdul was a judge on American Idol. It is definitely Louis, Sharon and Simon this year.

I am looking forward to it muchly. I do like the first 6 weeks the best though. I can't wait. Shall have my glass of wine and dinner infront of the teevee just so that I can have a laugh :D
    Yeah I knew she was a judge on American Idol, she's definitely sitting in on an audition though, maybe she was just visiting Simon :D
    Glittery wrote:
    Yeah I knew she was a judge on American Idol, she's definitely sitting in on an audition though, maybe she was just visiting Simon :D

Hopefully that is all it is. I don't think I could put up with her drunken outbursts for 2 different series a year. Silly mare that she is.
    briggi wrote:
    I don't watch it past the audition stages (and I only watch those to indulge my evil streak) but my other half is scarily obsessed, he must've watched that show of highlights from last year's about four times now. Weirdo :p

i just love the mean watching audition stages idea, its quality:lol:
    I love X Factor. I missed loads of it last year cos I was away at uni without a telly (although my ex's parents taped it for me so I could have a marathon X Factor session when I came to visit :heart:), but I'm already planning ways around it for this year :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    FFS Have they not scrapped this shit yet?
    I was addicted to this last year :o am not going to let this happen again.
    Well sure, we gotta have a fix at least once a week, what with no bb after tonight :(
    Glittery wrote:
    Who's looking forward to it? Littlemissy, Tweety, Babyshamblers and myself are the ones I can remember liking it from last year, anyone else going to admit it? ;)

me!! :hyper:

a girl from my school is gunna make a twat of herself on it, she got through to seeing the judges and she is crap :thumb:
    I never use to be a big fan, but now i only tend to watch the auditions. I mean what more could you want? Its a load of tone deaf people thinking they are the next big thing! I love it!:hyper:
    OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

I finish work at 4pm... my plan is to get home, have a bath, get a huge bar of chocolate and laugh my little socks off. Yay! :D:D:D
    I was in tears twice watching it tonight for totally different reasons, damn hormones.

That wee lad was so sweet though, and that Onkar or whatever who almost broke his kneecaps/ruined the set/deafened everyone with his "Earth Song" had me rolling... :lol:
    I was nearly crying at the little shy lad... he was so cute. Not sure whether putting him through was the right thing to do though...

Why do all the weirdos come from Manchester? Actually, don't answer that!
    I was nearly crying at the little shy lad... he was so cute. Not sure whether putting him through was the right thing to do though...

I think he deserves another change, might boost his confidence.
    Tweety wrote:
    I think he deserves another change, might boost his confidence.

Yeah that's what I thought. But if him going through stops someone more talented going through... it's a toughie.

He was so cute though!
    Why do all the weirdos come from Manchester? Actually, don't answer that!

:lol: I was thinking the same thing myself... but I'll reserve any scathing judgements for after they've visited Newcastle. Plenty of fruitcake up here, too! :razz:

It didn't disappoint, anyway. Mad-donna was a laugh-riot, too.
    briggi wrote:
    :lol: I was thinking the same thing myself... but I'll reserve any scathing judgements for after they've visited Newcastle. Plenty of fruitcake up here, too! :razz:

It didn't disappoint, anyway. Mad-donna was a laugh-riot, too.

I can assure you I am in fact crazier than any of those nutters... just in a different way. :D

Haha. Please. Please put me through. Hahahahahaa I laughed my head off... what a legend!
    briggi wrote:
    I was in tears twice watching it tonight for totally different reasons, damn hormones.

That wee lad was so sweet though, and that Onkar or whatever who almost broke his kneecaps/ruined the set/deafened everyone with his "Earth Song" had me rolling... :lol:

that guy was hilarious. and he broke the back 'wall'.

but dont you think the way they edit it is so manipulative. its like the simpsons when homer was accused of sexual harassment and went on that tv show which they edited to make him seem like a pervert. x factor has gone downhill. more so. if there is such a thing.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote:

"There's only one judge Onkar Judge" :lol:
    **Helen** wrote:
    "There's only one judge Onkar Judge" :lol:

He was soooo amusing. I was in tears over him. Particularly when he ran into the wall and then went on his knees. It sounded so painful. :lol:
    hazell wrote:
    that guy was hilarious. and he broke the back 'wall'.

but dont you think the way they edit it is so manipulative. its like the simpsons when homer was accused of sexual harassment and went on that tv show which they edited to make him seem like a pervert. x factor has gone downhill. more so. if there is such a thing.

Eh? I watched the programme twice and didn't think anyone looked like a pervert. Who are you talking about? That Onkar person was just stupid, not a pervert.
    Aye that was funny as fuck, and the old woman at the end. She was scary (both looks and attitude) :nervous:
    Eh? I watched the programme twice and didn't think anyone looked like a pervert. Who are you talking about? That Onkar person was just stupid, not a pervert.

youre right he was stupid and looked odd and....oh my point. it was about how it was edited to make the judges reaction seem more shocking than they actually were.

i love analysing sub standard tv shows.
    He was soooo amusing. I was in tears over him. Particularly when he ran into the wall and then went on his knees. It sounded so painful. :lol:
    The best bit was when he continued to do the Michael Jackson- Earth Song wailing thing once he'd fell!!

That little boy was crap, the one with the nervous disposition, would have loved to give him a slap and told him to grow the fuck up.
    Char_Baby wrote:
    The best bit was when he continued to do the Michael Jackson- Earth Song wailing thing once he'd fell!!

That little boy was crap, the one with the nervous disposition, would have loved to give him a slap and told him to grow the fuck up.

I loved that boy he was so cute. I think he will get his confidence back, but i think if he wants to make, he is going to have to have lots of vocal (sp?) lessons to boost his voice. Its just to weak.
    i always watch xfactor! i went to see shayne in the shopping centre when he won last year haha

jonathon :heart:
    I saw the X-Factor tour last year! I got a bit teary when Shayne came on. Think it might have been down to the copious amounts of Strongbow I'd just thrown down my neck...

Anyway... who saw GMTV this morning? The old lady Edna was on it... she was fucking hilarious. She was proper gurning, haha.