Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question about As/A Level Certificates

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I got my results this morning and they spelt my name and I was wondering, would they do this on my certifcate I get, even though my name was on any papers I used during the exam?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your question makes no sense.

I'm going to assume that they spelt your name wrong on your results sheet. If that's the case then you need to get in touch with the centre you took your exams through and get it corrected fast, otherwise you're going to have the wrong name on your certificates which will cause you no end of problems.
    Ok, I will explain it again:

On my results sheet, my (first) name is spelt wrong, but on the sheets I used for the exam, my name was obviously spelt right. I was wondering if it's likely that they'd spell my name wrong on the certificates.
    Yes. The name on your results paper will be your name on your certificate (e.g I never used my middle name on any GCSE exam paper, yet it came on my results paper, and then certificates because that's what the school had me down as. However, when I registered at college, I put my middle name down, but because my exam board reigstration card didn't show it, my certificates do not have it.)

You need to contact your exam boards ASAP

ETA: It costs a small fortune to have them reprinted if you just leave it btw, same as if you don't collect them and you have them reprinted.
    Thanks Nikki & Scary Monster.
    Exam board or school asap, like ring school or college today and get them started on it as it will guarenteeably take them a few days to sort through and work out what they need to do.

Likely as not the exam board have no idea what you wrote on your scripts, they only look at the candidate number on those. The only thing you could check is your statements of entry for the exam board, as the results sheet should match the spelling on those. Either way, if the results sheet is wrong you need to get it noted now.

Good luck, but get on with it.
    I didn't do my exam at the school I go to (the subject I did isn't offered at the school I go to) so I didn't get a statement of entry.
    If you were entered then there will be a statement on entry knocking round for you somewhere, chances are it went awol. You need to get in touch with the centre that you took the exam through in that case.