Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flashearth

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the pic of my house is quite old as it has my stepdads old work van is in the drive and he hasn't had that for years!
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    My wit is wasted on you fools. :mad:

It was my first thought too. :(
  • Options
    i'm not sure how old the photos are but they show a building on my old school being built which was about 5 years ago :eek2:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Glittery wrote:
    Be quite cool if it was though :p

No, it'd be crap and cold in winter. I have to use this airport! :p
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Jarvey - its only three.

Glittery - some pictures are older than others. Satelites don't take the whole earth at one - it is made up of amyn pictures - some old, some new. Best demonstrated by the broken .jpeg that is Stansted Airport. Not the two pictures of the terminal don't line up. :lol: I can testify it isn't like that in real life.
    I was talking about My Names picture and I ment microsofty windows.:rolleyes: :sour: :yum::confused:
  • Options
  • Options
    And the tower:

Attachment not found.

I would post me, but it won't zoom in that far where I live.
  • Options
    well i suppose thats a good way to give away your personal details over public forums.. :eek2:
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    i'm not sure how old the photos are but they show a building on my old school being built which was about 5 years ago :eek2:
    Well Maine Road's still standing, and The City of Manchester Stadium has only just started construction on these pics, and that was finished in 2002.
  • Options
    http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=55.941692&lon=-3.19096&z=18.7&r=0&src=2

There's me drinking cider with my friends in The Meadows in Edinburgh after uni (probably). That's usually where we sit cus there's a nice view of the ladies walking along the path and a bin nearby for rubbish, therefore I can categorically say that is me.
  • Options
    much better quality of picture of the area im from, when using the microsoft/live option as opposed to google
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=55.941692&lon=-3.19096&z=18.7&r=0&src=2

There's me drinking cider with my friends in The Meadows in Edinburgh after uni (probably). That's usually where we sit cus there's a nice view of the ladies walking along the path and a bin nearby for rubbish, therefore I can categorically say that is me.

Haha, ace. Shit scary if it is... they can watch you all the time... from space!

Welcome to... the dead place. Where no-one lives. In one of the newest towns built comparativley. With all the facilities you need. Look, you can even see the Feris wheel standing at the fairground, and its shadow cast upon the ground:

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=51.408077&lon=30.055603&z=17.4&r=0&src=0

And here is why:
    http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=51.389324&lon=30.100952&z=16.5&r=0&src=0
  • Options
    That's really cool.

Here's my old school -->
  • Options
    Last time i looked on Google earth, the isle of man wasnt on there so we dont even exsist :crying:

Found my old house in england though
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Haha, ace. Shit scary if it is... they can watch you all the time... from space!

Welcome to... the dead place. Where no-one lives. In one of the newest towns built comparativley. With all the facilities you need. Look, you can even see the Feris wheel standing at the fairground, and its shadow cast upon the ground:

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=51.408077&lon=30.055603&z=17.4&r=0&src=0

And here is why:
    http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=51.389324&lon=30.100952&z=16.5&r=0&src=0

Is that cherynobyl?
  • Options
    Is that cherynobyl?

Indeed it is. And the town is Pripyat.

Such a terrible waste...
  • Options
    It is but it hasn't served as a reminder, there will be another disaster like that.
  • Options
    It is but it hasn't served as a reminder, there will be another disaster like that.

Aye. Possibly (Probably?) At bloody Sellafield. It's taking the piss - Rename it, cos its fucked up, and since then, its nearly all gone tits up quite a few times... oldest reactors in the world you know. How long till lady luck has had enough and they don't save it?

The Lessons learnt from Chernobyl were observed by the worldwide nuclear community - reactor designs were chaged from the USA to the USSR and nearly every other country. I don't think any unmodified Chernobyl-type reactors still are opperational. The other three opperated fine until closure in '04. Just that one... in the sarcophagus... remained dead.

Still though, Nuclear reactors are pushed to far - the tests that blew up chernobyl probably are still opperated - such safty tests re a necessary precaution - you NEED to know what will happen if such a stiuation does occur. Sizewell was majourly overloaded when Bradwell was shut - it was straining. We observed these effects here - cuts, flickers, dimming, cuts and more cuts.

Sigh. Should have built new reactors in the 80's, but the government at the time were far to busy... presumably. Either that or they didn't want to deal with Public opinion riding on the back of Chernobyl.
  • Options
    thats cool.

i went on the route where i walk my dog :D and then i went to my local!!
  • Options
    My house and old schools.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    My house and old schools.

Don't get out much do you? House and schools all within a 500m radius!
  • Options
    Don't get out much do you? House and schools all within a 500m radius!
    With them being so close it meant I didn't have to get up too early.
  • Options
    Actually, google maps might be better than google earth or flashearth, I think... given, some areas are much clearer than others..

http://maps.google.com/

For example, thesite.org offices...

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.534264,-0.105582&spn=0.000724,0.001808&t=k&om=1

zoom in two or three times...
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    With them being so close it meant I didn't have to get up too early.

True.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Mine is quite old. It doesn't have our conservatory and that is about 7 years old.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Anybody ever done it? I just found it from a friend.

They've got my car in the driveway!

It [car] looks much better from above :p

www.flashearth.com

And attached is me. With all the vital info blocked out of course cuz that would be bad. Its a townhouse so we only have half. Thast my car in the drivway. And the pink dot is me. I'm upstairs in the corner room. The green right below me is the flowers I planted :) (along with the bushes already there, which is what the green is anyways, dead is not green :( )

I've probably given too much info :p

I have a "Shelly" on msn as well. Kind of creepy. And she's online right now.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Actually, google maps might be better than google earth or flashearth, I think... given, some areas are much clearer than others..

I hate to break it to you... look in the top left corner... it uses both Google's images, and Windows Live Local's!

Best of two worlds. Flash Earth is just leeching images off the two rivals, giving consumers the best!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I hate to break it to you... look in the top left corner... it uses both Google's images, and Windows Live Local's!

Best of two worlds. Flash Earth is just leeching images off the two rivals, giving consumers the best!

a_cow_mooing_lg.gif
  • Options
    My house doesn't even exist on that stupid map ;(.

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=51.866385&lon=0.535928&z=18.7&r=0&src=2

It's nearly 7 years old ffs. They haven't even got the foundations on there, and this house took MONTHS to build. Arses.