Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Could she be pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, im wondering... what chance is there that my girlfriend is pregnant. She is on birth control and have NEVER missed a pill. We did not even have sex, just my penis was inside of her without a condom but he did not ejaculate. She is worried because she was suppose to get her peiord 2-3 days ago and has not gotten it yet. Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well if she has taken the pill properly then there shouldnt be anything to worry about but you must remember that a girl can still get pregnant even if you dont ejaculate.
    stress can cause periods to be late i think.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    it is also possible that she is pregnant. The pill is only about 99% effective. However, to put minds at ease she should take a pg test.

It is probably just stress though.
    Stress can be a cause, another thing would be how long has she been taking the pill, if it's a recent thing then that can screw with her timings in itself.

You don't have to miss one for it to be a problem, vomiting and/or diarreoh, or taking it late can also cause problems.

If she's not got it by the end of the pill free week then she should probably see her doctor/nurse.

You may get more/better answers on the health board, although saying that you get a lot of the same people here.
    if shes late, then maybe a pregnancy test to put your mind at rest?

Probably will be negative tho, but if its not, its best to find out as early as possible.
    Stress can be a cause, another thing would be how long has she been taking the pill, if it's a recent thing then that can screw with her timings in itself.

You don't have to miss one for it to be a problem, vomiting and/or diarreoh, or taking it late can also cause problems.

If she's not got it by the end of the pill free week then she should probably see her doctor/nurse.

You may get more/better answers on the health board, although saying that you get a lot of the same people here.

:yes: After 2 months of on the pill, it was getting on 4days late, and I was panicing. But its just adjusting, its always 4days late now.
    Probably will be negative tho, but if its not, its best to find out as early as possible.

although most store brought pregancy tests say to use them two weeks after the missed period, just read the box carefully. if you cant wait that long probably best to take a trip to the doctors-family planning clinic. theirs are quicker
    Generally with the pill most people will come one 4-5 days after stopping taking it.
    Generally with the pill most people will come one 4-5 days after stopping taking it.

Yep, i stop on a Saturday, and don't come on until the Thursday. This Thursday infact :crying: a couple of days of pain in store for me now.
    It is of course possible she's pregnant, just unlikely. The pill is only 98% effective, and there are sperm in pre-come.

Young women often have irregular cycles, and going on the pill can change these cycles. I wouldn't worry.
    Kermit wrote:
    It is of course possible she's pregnant, just unlikely. The pill is only 98% effective, and there are sperm in pre-come.

Young women often have irregular cycles, and going on the pill can change these cycles. I wouldn't worry.
    :yes: agreed
    2-3 days is nothing.

One of my best friends got seriously worried as her period arrived 3 weeks late!
    Mike_17 wrote:
    just my penis was inside of her without a condom but he did not ejaculate.

just my penis was inside her without a condom, but 'he' did not ejaculate?

im confused
    theres always the possibilty shes been fucking someone else. /cynical
    MrG wrote:
    just my penis was inside her without a condom, but 'he' did not ejaculate?

im confused
    Don't you call your willy a "he" MrG?
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Well, some guys could call there willy a 'she' perhaps lol.
    Randomgirl wrote:

I dont call it a he or anything else for that matter, as its a part of me, not another thing unto itsself

I was also thinking more along the lines of it might have been a female typing the account of what happened up for the guy, and accidentaly slipped on word usage
    You could call your penis Princess Sophia

(name the film)
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    You could call your penis Princess Sophia

(name the film)
    love it!! :hyper: go on MrG...just for comedy value!
    \
    sophia wrote:
    Honestly, I get so many men naming their cocks after me, you wouldn't believe it...
    ....pfft nah too easy :lol:
    sophia wrote:
    Honestly, I get so many men naming their cocks after me, you wouldn't believe it...
    :lol::lol: gotta love you!
    \
    sophia wrote:
    It's true, half the men on thesite probably have. Can you blame them? :D

Not one bit. I named my vagina after you too :yes:
    \
    sophia wrote:
    It's true, half the men on thesite probably have. Can you blame them? :D
    haha not at all...has a lovely ring to it...'sophia is standing to attention' etc
    The pill really is more than 98% effective. If it was really true that 2/100 times of having sex you could get pregnant, then I'm sure alot less people would rely on it. Scientifically, if taken correctly, it would not be possible to get pregnant, however on the packet I think it says 99.8% effective or similar because obviously they have to cover themselves. It is a very effective form of protection from pregnancy.
    Pink Soda wrote:
    The pill really is more than 98% effective. If it was really true that 2/100 times of having sex you could get pregnant, then I'm sure alot less people would rely on it. Scientifically, if taken correctly, it would not be possible to get pregnant, however on the packet I think it says 99.8% effective or similar because obviously they have to cover themselves. It is a very effective form of protection from pregnancy.
    The percentages stated refer to the success rate of preventing pregnancy when used by sexually active couples for one year. So for example a pill with 99% effectiveness this would mean that if 100 couples use it whilst regularly having sex within the year one of the women would get pregnant.
    Randomgirl wrote:
    The percentages stated refer to the success rate of preventing pregnancy when used by sexually active couples for one year. So for example a pill with 99% effectiveness this would mean that if 100 couples use it whilst regularly having sex within the year one of the women would get pregnant.

:yes: The packet states that its over 99% effective when taken correctly. So the 1 of 100 women thing, just like our lovely random stated :) She's good.

If you miss pills or take them not at the correct time, the effectivness rate goes down. It states that the "average" failure rate, this including people missing pills or other problems, is 5%. Just an fyi.
    http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/norgestimest_pi.htm
    And there was me thinking that 99% effective meant you could have sex 100 times and one time you'd get up the duff heehee