Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Would you go back with ex just for Sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am feeling very lonely and missing my EX. I miss the comfort of having emotional sex with someone and not just a random fling. would anyone here return with someone cause you miss the sex? even if things were bad in the relationship but that you'd be willing to sleep with the person because of the feeling of being lonely and missing the act of making love.

Yeah I am feeling desperate to get back with my ex! help!

Comments

• Options
    if you want to get back with your ex then shagging him isn't the way to go about it.
  • Options
    In a word ... no.
  • Options
    Erm, I would and other people have - BUT in the long run it does make things harder. If I could go back in time I wouldn't have. Because like you say, you get the comfort of emotional sex - it makes you feel loved again - but they're just using you for sex, and as soon as you're out of their bed the new person is in.

Worst case scenario is you do, they use you for a long time, you lose ALL your self esteem because they don't really look after you, the only time you feel remotely wanted is when you're having sex with them and even then you don't *really*. You become trapped inside your own feelings of insecurity and cling / obsess to this person because you believe you can't go on without them. And they love the attention so keep you there. Of course, that's just worst case scenario, but most of the consequences are along those lines.

If you're completely over them and you get on well as friends and you're happy flirting / seeing other people and just want abit of fun then I think sometimes it can be ok - just the same as a one off with any other friend. But remember, exes are exes for a reason. At the end of the day it's up to you what you do, but we don't want you to get hurt, and getting back with an ex is usually a sure fire way of getting hurt :(. Good luck anyway!
  • Options
    I'm there for them all as friends, but I'd never go back at all.

Did it with my last proper gf when I went up to tie a few loose ends up, but it was more something that just sort of happened, the feelings had gone and it really meant nothing more than a trip down memory lane.
  • Options
    As much i would want to, the answer would have to be no, as all it would be doing to me is hurting me more and probably making me get my hopes up thinking if he's having sex with me maybe it's a good thing and we'll get back together.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    kajashygrl wrote:

Yeah I am feeling desperate to get back with my ex! help!

Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear that you are feeling upset about your ex. Rather than jumping into bed with him, you need to find out whether or not there is any chance the two of you could have a future together. The best way to do this is probably through an honest and open conversation where you know exactly where you stand at the end of it. You may be left feeling hurt at the end of it, or you may not. But at least then you'll be able to make some clear decision.

In terms of sleeping together if there is no future:
    Don't Jump back into bed with them: You may have been the greatest sexual partners since Antony and Cleopatra, but the heartache will last longer than the act.

This is from our article on getting over it - and I don't think I can personally give better advice than that.

Take good care of yourself ;)
  • Options
    I might but I would be honest that it is about the night no more no less..
  • Options
    I am, currently.

Thing is though, me and my ex annoyed the living daylights out of each other when we were together. We get on so much better as friends, but the sex was pretty much the best I've ever had, so we've hooked up a few times since the break-up, usually when we've both had a bit to drink. But we both know it's just about the sex, and that neither of us want to get back together.

So I'd say..you're really best making sure you're totally over him emotionally, then if you're still missing the sex, then why not?
  • Options
    As if it was a super new perception, I realized for myself once: Sex is just sex for the moment, a week later you don't feel any better or any worse about it. there was a period of time where I went 4 years without it, and after the next time I did not feel like "ahhh, relieved.. now I can bear another longer period."

If you apply this to your ex, it's not lik, "ah, I shagged him 10 times now, now I feel better, more satisfied and are able to get on."

WRONG, you keep wanting more and more, because after the act you always feel the same. The next day there is not warm, wooly, cozy feeling in your tummy, but you knew it was there in the act, so go back for more.

If you are emotionally attached to your ex, you'll have a harder time getting out of there and carry on as if you would do it now, straight away.

All the recommendations probably won't help anyway, because you will still do it, but don't say then StrubbleS hasn't warned you!
  • Options
    I am, currently.

Thing is though, me and my ex annoyed the living daylights out of each other when we were together. We get on so much better as friends, but the sex was pretty much the best I've ever had, so we've hooked up a few times since the break-up, usually when we've both had a bit to drink. But we both know it's just about the sex, and that neither of us want to get back together.

So I'd say..you're really best making sure you're totally over him emotionally, then if you're still missing the sex, then why not?

same here!

but just not when we're drunk.

having sex with him while you still want to get back with him is NOT a good idea!
  • Options
    Yeah. I do it all the time with my ex, only difference is now as to when we were together is that we both know where we stand. Obviously if either of us got with someone we'd stop.
  • Options
    Yes! i would! i shouldnt want to, i shouldnt do it, and the offer is actually there, until one of us starts seeing some one else. It would be a huge mistake if i do it but, i still would.
  • Options
    NEVER. I'd sooner join a "dildo of the month" club.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    NEVER. I'd sooner join a "dildo of the month" club.

Somewhere, a Reader's Digest executive is stroking his chin and thinking "what a good idea".......
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Sign me up :naughty:
  • Options
    Ok, this month we'll all try the *googles ann summers* Digital Love.

Being a man (or aspiring to be one anyway) I shall use it to gesture to motorists. Given that I don't drive, I'll be forced to take it on the bus. It'll be handy for poking people in the back as I make my way onboard.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    I'll be forced to take it on the bus. It'll be handy for poking people in the back as I make my way onboard.

assuming you can actually GET on the bus, forcing you're way passed all those teenage mothers mouthing off to their pal that " e wisnae waantin' a wean bit the johny burst n e buggered aff ! " ;)
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    assuming you can actually GET on the bus, forcing you're way passed all those teenage mothers mouthing off to their pal that " e wisnae waantin' a wean bit the johny burst n e buggered aff ! " ;)

I shall prod them in the eye with my new prodding dildo! The fiends!

Umm....to get this on topic, NO! I think it's a bad idea.
  • Options
    I did. Wouldn't recommend it, though. And shall try to never do it again.
  • Options
    I would, then when it came to her questioning it afterwards and the whole 'should we/shouldn't we' question of getting back together, I'd rip her heart out, stamp on it, then throw her out.

not that I'm bitter or anything :D
  • Options
    There is no way in Hell i would even think of it....its just way too dodgy for my liking. Mostly because as others have said, its great and all, but you KNOW that they're just using you, and after the new person comes along, to them you won't exist. IMHO shagging your ex is as dodgy as all Hell.
  • Options
    Depends on the ex, I did it over Easter but there was no emotion involved - we both just needed a shag. I say go for it if you're both in it to get your rocks off and you're both over each other. It's familar territory etc and you'll both know what the other likes. If you have feelings for them though, do NOT go there.
  • Options
    Absolutely no chance. That just rekindles old emotions, like why you got together in the first place, and why you split up as well.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I know, I was just thinking we should start thesite dildo of the month club actually.
    I thought you said Dido! And i thought yeah, long and boring and needs batteries