Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Has a song ever made you cry?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Christina Aguilera's 'Oh Mother' on her new album Back to Basics. It's about her mum and the abuse she got from Christina's father. It's so sad :crying:
  • Options
    Mysterious Girl was my dead friend's favourite song (from when Peter Andre was famous the first time around) so sometimes when it comes on it makes me cry.

But just beautiful songs... not sure. Usually if the words speak to me they are reminding me of an event in my life, sad or otherwise.
  • Options
    Ocean Clour Scene Profit in Peace and The Day we Caught the Train.
    they were both played at my friend's funeral about 6 months ago. They played him singing to the latter song, it's sad because id never known what an amazing voice he has.
    I play these songs on a saturday afternoon and light a candle for him and then i cry.
  • Options
    Yes
    Rush-Bravado, everytime
  • Options
    Many, but the only one I can think of is Cancer by My Chemical Romance
  • Options
    Yes, many instrumental parts in the music I listen to breaks me down very easily. So far in life that's the only thing that's ever been able to make me do it. I've never cried at funerals or when members of my immediate family have died or anything otherwise else typical to cry/break down for. Music is really the only thing that has ever broken me down because of the beauty, technicality, progression, talent, and virtuoso type of composition that I listen to and imagine. I am mesmerised by the sheer amount of talent, dedication, and knowledge that few of these specific aritsts have. I sit in reverence daily because of these people and I feel privleged to have even listened to anything they've made, composed, or even thought of.
  • Options
    I used to play Reign in Blood by Slayer and that made me cry - because my girlfriend's room was next door and she would be banging on the wall screaming 'I'm breaking up with you!!!!!'

Oh I cried, how I cried :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Martina McBride - Concrete Angel

because the words are sad...though I have listened to it that many a times that I have become immune and can almost control the tears now :razz:
  • Options
    Ollllllllllllllld thread.

But anyway - having checked that I hadn't replied before :p.

Snow Patrol's Run makes me cry because it brings back memories, as does Wires by Athlete.

Chasing Cars makes me cry when I'm not with Rich because it's kind of our song :o.
  • Options
    I can't say I've ever heard a song that's instantly made me think, 'Ohmygod this is so beautiful' and then burst into tears but there have been quite a few songs that have made me cry because they have reminded me of sad times.

Like at one of my best friends funerals hearing his favourite song was gonna make us cry not because of the artist but because the words related to his life and reminded us of happier times.

EDIT: just realised this was an old thread, sorry !
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

Snow Patrol's Run makes me cry because it brings back memories, as does Wires by Athlete.

Ahahah me too both of those get me every time - though Wires also always reminds me of you.

I did howeve recently hear Run done by leona lewis and oddly it did nothing for me - if i'd heard it by her the first time round i'd never have lied it at all
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Ahahah me too both of those get me every time - though Wires also always reminds me of you.

I did howeve recently hear Run done by leona lewis and oddly it did nothing for me - if i'd heard it by her the first time round i'd never have lied it at all
    I don't think it would do anything for me either. Has to be Snow Patrol because that whole album in general upsets me. Just Run gets to me more.

Why does Wires remind you of meeeeeeeeeee?
  • Options
    Both the Snow Patrol ones that you mentioned Franki. I love Run <3
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Wires by Athlete

Same here

Little Too Late - JoJo (sad i know but it was me and someone's song and brings back lots of memories)
    With Or Without You - U2 (memories again..)
    DB Bouelvard - Point Of View (strangely enough, I don't know why)
    Coldplay - Trouble, The Scientist..

What can I say? I'll cry at anything.. :lol:
  • Options
    call me mad but when i lost a certain someone this song made me cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TXZILiEsvA

we used to listen to it together
  • Options
    Hallelujah..especially sung by KD Lang
  • Options
    Sophia - Nerina Pallot

Only makes me cry because when I was on placement at a learning disabilities school we used to put that song on for relaxation and I just remember lying with all the kids and looking at them and feeling really sad :( Makes me happy sad as well though because they were such great kids.
  • Options
    Hallelujah by ... shit what's his name?!?! The Shrek version. Yep that makes me cry
  • Options
    Hallelujah by ... shit what's his name?!?! The Shrek version. Yep that makes me cry

I think it's by Rufus Wainwright. Love it, beautiful song.
  • Options
    Hurt - Johnny Cash....the NIN version doesnt do much for me but Cash kills me.
  • Options
    The Jeff Buckley version is way better. And the original....:heart:.
  • Options

That's the one. I knew his name started with R. I think it's the best version I've heard. The KD Lang one is nice too
  • Options
    Haha, I remember Can't Help Falling in Love with You used to bring me to tears because it reminded me of this film Some Kind of Wonderful that I loved and made me cry in the end, teehee :razz:

Thankfully I don't cry as easily as I used to :o
  • Options
    Slightly outdated thread, but "No Lies, Just Love" by Bright Eyes had me in floods of tears yesterday.
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Martina McBride - Concrete Angel

because the words are sad...though I have listened to it that many a times that I have become immune and can almost control the tears now :razz:

This is a very moving song...my children discovered it and played it to me.

The only song that has ever made me cry (and I mean ball my eyes out) was Cherish by Cool and the gang....I was at school and been made to feel I should finish with a boyfriend which I did. When I heard that song I couldn't stop the tears. Even now it makes me stop and think of him!:love:

Another song which gives me goosebumps is Electricity from Billy Elliott. It was used in a dance show my kids were in and it really affected me knowing just how much work everyone had put into it.:)
  • Options
    I can't believe this myself but ..a Christie Burg song!!!!!
    I can't stand him ...his face his voice ...his music but ...i think it was his first album and there was a track on it about a princess in a tower in a forrest ...it choked me up!