Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tipping strippers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sinc you don't have &(thats going to be my pound symbol fyi)1 bills, what do you put in strippers panties and buttcracks? Do strippers carry change purses? Do you tip with a &5 but only every half hour?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought this was going to be about sneaking into a field of sleeping strippers and pushing them over :(
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Stripper Tipping! :lol:

Erm, use & as pound, it fits better.

I have no idea, never having been to a strip bar, but probably yeah, it'd make sense. Or tuck a load of £1 coins in! :lol:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe you could make paper pulp, put the coin inside it, flatten it and put that in her pants?
    Swipe your credit card in the crack.

And then ask for cash back.

There are still pound notes in Scotland but I don't think they're is the same tipping culture. You pay for private dances instead. Not that I would know :o
    \
    :lol: That would be handy, you could cut them out of old lady magazines like Bella and Chat, thus tipping your strippers for free :D
    \
    my_name wrote:
    Sinc you don't have &(thats going to be my pound symbol fyi)1 bills, what do you put in strippers panties and buttcracks? Do strippers carry change purses? Do you tip with a &5 but only every half hour?
    I think the clients are less tight here and tip more than just a quid...
    sophia wrote:
    That sounds like an old gag to me Infinite, must try harder. Go and stand in the corner. :p

Just kidding :heart:

I heard that strippers really like it if you tip them in handy money off coupons such as 50p off your next purchase of Head and Shoulders, or buy one get one free on cup-a-soup.

I thought it sounded familiar :o

Maybe strippers are marsupials and have hidden pouches to secret their cash into :chin:
    sophia wrote:
    Exactly. :yes:

Maybe we should send that in to the Handy Hints columns you get in Bella and Take A Break, we might win £5.
    Could do! We could send it to Pick me Up and Full House as well, they pay you more for handy hints :yes:
    Oh, I've got a buy one get one free Whopper cupon. Lets go see a show!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    my_name wrote:
    Oh, I've got a buy one get one free Whopper cupon. Lets go see a show!
    :lol: Thats a health coupon? :p

Heheh. I think it would be rude to give them free money off coupons myself :o Meh. $5...just give em that.
    Its not healthy to starve, or let your friend starve :p
    \
    sophia wrote:
    Maybe we should send that in to the Handy Hints columns you get in Bella and Take A Break, we might win £5.

Can I just say - the BEST tip in Take A Break was earlier this year - complete with a photo. So I think it must have won £20? Anyway. It was about a girl who was pissed off that her boyfriend didn't buy her slippers for Christmas like she had asked him. So she made her own.

From sanitary towels.

And yes, there really was a photo of her wearing them. :lol::lol::lol:
    \
    Can I just say - the BEST tip in Take A Break was earlier this year - complete with a photo. So I think it must have won £20? Anyway. It was about a girl who was pissed off that her boyfriend didn't buy her slippers for Christmas like she had asked him. So she made her own.

From sanitary towels.

And yes, there really was a photo of her wearing them. :lol::lol::lol:
    No way! :eek2:
    I'm being deadly serious. She had stuck some holly on the top of them to make them more 'Christmassy'.

I was at work when I found it... me and my work mate laughed til we cried - then photocopied it and sent it to all of our mates. Courtesy of Friends Provident and their free envelopes.

We also wrote into Pick Me Up/Real People - the one with Puzzlin' Paul in, anyway - and declared our love for him, and demanded a Puzzlin' Paul fans letter page. :D
    No Idea what they pay them, think the minimum is about a tenner. In one of the local places you have to buy "kitty cash" for £20 each and use that for dances. :eek2:
    Back in the day when we used to go lap dancing bars, we would spend at least £50 a night just for tipping. Plus the drinks.

Of course the plus point is that the lap dancing girls were nice girls and would give us free dances every so often.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've nver heard of tipping dancers. Most of the time they're not allowed to handle the money so you can just buy them a drink instead.
    Weekender Offender 
    migpilot wrote:
    Back in the day when we used to go lap dancing bars, we would spend at least £50 a night just for tipping. Plus the drinks.

Of course the plus point is that the lap dancing girls were nice girls and would give us free dances every so often.

Yeah, you tip the girls. Tip them for giving you a lap dance, stick money in their panties whilst they bend over to shake their boobs in your face, but &5 just seems too excessive :p I got curious. Granted you can and alot do spend at least a hundo a night, but its spread out thru the various strippers for different things. I'd hate to waste all my money in one spot :p I like to give each man (in my case) their fare share of money, but not too much ;)
    Use monopoly money. Or get her account number and swear by your aunt second degree that you will transfer it to her the next day.
    Skive wrote:
    I've nver heard of tipping dancers. Most of the time they're not allowed to handle the money so you can just buy them a drink instead.

Well, technically, technically...they buy you the drinks, and you pay for it later.

One of my mates, when he was a lap dancing bar virgin, didn't know this and he genuinely thought that this scantily clad girl was buying him drinks and when at the end of the night they told him to fork out £80 he felt so stupid. Idiot!
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Or get her account number and swear by your aunt second degree that you will transfer it to her the next day.

:lol: *takes note ;)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    migpilot wrote:
    Well, technically, technically...they buy you the drinks, and you pay for it later.

I've never come across that?

There's a bar where you can buy yourself or the dancer drinks for cash.

That's how it's always worked at the places I've been, and it's how it works where my sister dances.
    Weekender Offender 
    migpilot wrote:

One of my mates, when he was a lap dancing bar virgin, didn't know this and he genuinely thought that this scantily clad girl was buying him drinks and when at the end of the night they told him to fork out £80 he felt so stupid. Idiot!

Did he not mistake the bar girl and a tab for a stripper? I've never seen a stripper handle alcohol or "buy them drinks."
    Skive wrote:
    There's a bar where you can buy yourself or the dancer drinks for cash.

That's how it's always worked at the places I've been, and it's how it works where my sister dances.

Yeah, the one lapdancing place I was at worked like that.

It was so, so weird like all the older men talking away to the fit young things, such a seedy wee place.

I was 17 and innocent at the time and went with my mates, I sat at the back crapping myself with my drink firmly in my hand so she wouldn't come and dance on me :angel:
    my_name wrote:
    Did he not mistake the bar girl and a tab for a stripper? I've never seen a stripper handle alcohol or "buy them drinks."

This was in Paris about 4 years ago, when we were down for a footie tournament.

As for the UK, when one of my mates was at Uni in Southampton, I used to visit and he'd take me to these lap dancing bars and the girls would get us drinks and all that... mind you, they all knew him and he knew the guv there, so I am not sure whether it's like that all over the UK.

The one I went to in Ipswich a couple of times was like that as well...

We are taking one of our mates to Birmingham in a month for his stag do and we might visit a few strip bars around Broad street or whatever... maybe it's an idea to get him a load of Washington's to use on the stripper...
    I've never heard of stripper tipping. Doubtless there will soon be EU directives to deal with this new menace.

Meantime, I have never gone to see a stripper. You don't need to pay to see people strip, for God's sake.