Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Steroids

12346»

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I must say I am finding some of the information and attitudes on this thread quite concerning. I hope you are taking into consideration safe injecting practices.

For you users of steroids, what are your sources for reliable, authorative info on steroids, cycles and harm minimisation?

ED - Drugscope have an informative page on Steroids and their usage in the UK for anyone interested.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LadyJade wrote:
    I must say I am finding some of the information and attitudes on this thread quite concerning. I hope you are taking into consideration safe injecting practices.

For you users of steroids, what are your sources for reliable, authorative info on steroids, cycles and harm minimisation?

ED - Drugscope have an informative page on Steroids and their usage in the UK for anyone interested.
    Of coarse I would be injecting safely.

My information sources are books on aas & endocrinology newsletters, I regularly have conversations with experts & 'vets' in the field, as well as belong to a forum that discusses the use of aas. I have also been researching steroids for 3 years. So I can safely design & make my own cycle & take precautions into keeping safe.

There are about 3 of us in this thread that have taken time into researching steroids, whilst there are others that just want to use without researching. Its those people that are doing themselves damage.

Please also remember I do not condone or encourage the use of aas, the information I give is for entertainment purposes only. The advice given by me should never replace the advice of a licensed medical professional. I am not responsible for any misinterpretation of any information given by myself.
    HIT wrote:
    Of coarse I would be injecting safely.

There are about 3 of us in this thread that have taken time into researching steroids, whilst there are others that just want to use without researching. Its those people that are doing themselves damage.

Which is precisely why I was asking for reliable sources.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Which is precisely why I was asking for reliable sources.
    Anabolic 2006 to name a main source. But most of the information on the net you will need permission of the writer if your planning on using it on these boards, which they may be hesitant into having a board of this nature use it.

What kind of information are you after? Steroid profiles, what?
    I wasn't planning on doing anything with it, I'm not involved in the editorial side of theSite.

I was just concerned about the accuracy of the information in the thread, and it is standard practice on the drugs board to ask posters to provide evidence for their claims.

This isn't directed at you BTW, its for everyone who has contributed information, in the spirit of insuring that anyone reading the thread or stumbling across it from a search is provided with clear and accurate information. At the moment there is a lot of unsubstantiated information and a few opposing claims, so it is difficult for anyone to feel informed, myself included...
    TBH my information is quiet accurate. But I always stress at people that they shouldnt take my advice without researching first.

The fact is steroids are extremley dangerouse, thats why you should research for your own saftey. I really cant understand why people would stick a drug into there body without knowing how its going to effect them.

Unfortuanatly the only thing you can do is to constantly stress to people that they must research.
    Speaking of Anabolics 2006- William Llewelyn will be speaking at "The National Conference on Injecting Drug Use" on Friday 13th October 2006 in London.
    Looking forward to meeting him in person.
    HIT wrote:
    TBH my information is quiet accurate. But I always stress at people that they shouldnt take my advice without researching first.

The fact is steroids are extremley dangerouse, thats why you should research for your own saftey. I really cant understand why people would stick a drug into there body without knowing how its going to effect them.

Unfortuanatly the only thing you can do is to constantly stress to people that they must research.

So do you have any links that you would recommend?
    Bodybuiding.com has a series of steroid profiles by a guy called Big Cat which people can use as a starting point for their research.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catsteroids.htm
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thats pretty much where I started.

A more updated article by big cat called 'The sane cycle'.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113118

This article IMO is a very good read. And I certainly got good information from it.

BB.com has to be to the most informative site on the net for steroids etc.
    Yeah there is some good reading on there, especially on the forums.

Just a shame it's full of stereotypical bbing macho types who think they know it all and are gods gift. Some of the guys on there live in the clouds I swear.

But still they're mostly the die hard types, I just want to get bigger and look more muscular. I already look okay and quite defined but wanna build on it.

I used to be skinny as fuck but I've calmed the partying and sorted my diet out.
    Also started getting more lazy and sleeping more has helped. Though now if I'm not active enough I get like little manic episodes where my pupils go big, my heart pounds and I'm full of energy, weird, not a bad feeling but annoying when it's 11 at night and I should be thinking about bed.:grump:

Maybe bi-polar cause I get down days too? I've been wrongly diagnosed it before or maybe it's just anxiety from too many drugs I dunno.
    Uprising wrote:
    Yeah there is some good reading on there, especially on the forums.

Just a shame it's full of stereotypical bbing macho types who think they know it all and are gods gift. Some of the guys on there live in the clouds I swear.

But still they're mostly the die hard types, I just want to get bigger and look more muscular. I already look okay and quite defined but wanna build on it.

I used to be skinny as fuck but I've calmed the partying and sorted my diet out.
    Also started getting more lazy and sleeping more has helped. Though now if I'm not active enough I get like little manic episodes where my pupils go big, my heart pounds and I'm full of energy, weird, not a bad feeling but annoying when it's 11 at night and I should be thinking about bed.:grump:

Maybe bi-polar cause I get down days too? I've been wrongly diagnosed it before or maybe it's just anxiety from too many drugs I dunno.
    I have not met any "stereotypical bbing macho types" in the steroid forum, & I have been a member for a few years. Some of these guys that "live in the cloud" you will find are pro bb.

The only time they get pissed of in that forum is when you get questions like "my mate is doing dbol & deca, will this get me big".
    HIT wrote:
    I have not met any "stereotypical bbing macho types" in the steroid forum, & I have been a member for a few years. Some of these guys that "live in the cloud" you will find are pro bb.

The only time they get pissed of in that forum is when you get questions like "my mate is doing dbol & deca, will this get me big".

Yeah I know they are but some of them can be a bit stuck up, they take it all a little too seriously and don't think that not everyone has the resources and knowledge that they have.

On the other hand though there are some really helpful friendly users.

And I agree there are some really stupid uneducated questions but still, it's to be expected, it's the internet.
    TBH I am not a fan of BB.com but that doesn't mean that it's information isn't reliable with regard to AAS.

There are lots of good resources out there...

Is there anything specific you aren't feeling informed about LJ?

With regards to where to inject, www.spotinjections.com is good..

How to do your first shot http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-glute-injection.asp

Using nolva/clomid/hcg for PCT http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/clomid-hcg.asp

Beginner Steroids FAQ - http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-beginners-steroids-faq.asp

Theres a few good links for newbies..
    ^ I've seen those.

It seems Nolva/Clomid and HCG aren't about much round here and nobody I've spoken to has done any sort of PCT which is a bit worrying. Yet they're all okay and still have normal unaffected sex lifes etc, maybe the effects on libido etc are exaggerated slightly or come as a result of multiple cycles over long periods of time? The people I'm talking about have done a good 3 or 4 cycles without any of the above/PCT.

I'm by no means no expert and don't know much, I'm just interested thats all.
    I think the problem is dude, that although libido not be affected now, the damage you have done your HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis (relationship between these glands and the production of testosterone)) could be not be told without proper blood tests!

It is common for people who abuse gear to end up being in their late 20's and unable to get a wood, not a nice feeling!

A lot of the BIG guys and pro's who've gone heavy into it all end up using self administered HRT using a shot of enth every couple of weeks to keep their bodies and wilies ticking over.. not nice mate!

For anyone who is considering as it says in those links you should get bloods done before hand and afterwards..

Here is a good company - http://www.thedoctorltd.co.uk/bloodtesting.html
    Definately not nice, not worth the risk at a young age either.

I think a lot of people jump in too early. I mean as a teenager and in your early twenties you should have more than enough test anyway and be still able to get good gains. Plus your body chemicals are all over the place anyway without messing with some of the main growth hormones etc. Hypocritical coming from a drug user but still true.

I believe steroids have a lot more damage potential (esp long term) in the wrong hands than rec. drugs.
    Uprising, because they say they have a great sex life, doesn't necessarily mean there telling the truth. If I had no libido, I certainly wouldn't admit to it (especially if its to do with steroids). Also, when recovering, your libido will be low.

If they use compounds like the dreaded dbol only, then they will most likely recover in time without pct. However as people these days are obsessed with nandrolone, if they use that without pct then they wont have a sex drive for a very very long time.

Always remember never start a cycle without pct. Besides if you have symptoms of gyno during the cycle, then you will need to take nolva for a few days.

As much as I hate nolva, I am still using it on my anavar cycle for pct.

As for the 21 year old rule, thats only applied as a mature age. Some British steroid sites are for 18+. You dont stop growing at 21, in fact your most likely to completely stop at about 25. And your hormone levels dont stop rising at 21, its when your near 30 that they start declining. So steroids arnt necessarily needed until your in your 30's. That article I posted above, the drugs listed in that are probably your best bet to start researching.
    Something I thought may be usfull to some, a pct calculator.

http://bulkmuscle.com/pct/index.php