Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

student loan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
well i got a place through clearance today which was totally unexpected ! the next thing is finance, see i didn't apply through UCAS and i wasn't informed about uni at 6th form as i was told i couldn't reply can any one help ?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I'm in a similar situation, I had to go to the civic centre (council building) in Enfield town to get all my forms, if I get the place at uni, I'll get my money through about a week after I start.

Not sure how much help that was >_<
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yea thanks but i don't know weather to apply for an income assessed or non income assessed to be honest i dont have a clue on what to do
    personally i applied for an income assessed loan and found i got more than my friends even though were all above the £30,000 bracket so i think its worth doing that
    depends how much your parents earn/how much they're willing to help you.

i applied for an income assessed loan. you get more the less your parents earn as they assume your parents will help you out financially.

i always assumed that if you applied for a non-income assessed one (where you state the amount you want to borrow) that you wouldn't be able to get as much but i'm probably wrong.

you need to get in touch with your local education authority (LEA).
    K.N.S wrote:
    well i got a place through clearance today which was totally unexpected ! the next thing is finance, see i didn't apply through UCAS and i wasn't informed about uni at 6th form as i was told i couldn't reply can any one help ?

ANd I would get the form ASAP as the deadline was over a month ago now. I know you found out late but the sooner you get it in the sooner u get you loan i imagine