Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone else think big brother & x factor are crap?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Or am I the only one that thinks after 1 or 2 series it is crap?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i wouldn't watch a program for 3months if i thought it was crap!
    ^^^^^ post 5000
    Neither really bother me, to be honest. I don't watch much tv, listen to the radio or read any newspapers, so I'm very rarely exposed to them.
    It's all Crap!
    HIT wrote:
    ^^^^^ post 5000
    :( damn i thought i was only on about 3000
    I dislike Big brother ... I quite like X factor in the opening stages when they're all shit and embarassing but as soon as it gets serious I lose interest.

Generally I don't watch too much tv...would rather be out or doing something else. My feelings on big brother range from hatred, when its on every hour of the fucking day and if its not big brother its little brother and if its not that its that camp-ex-heroine-addict-knob-jockey doing a jerry springer type show about it, and its in every fucking paper and I just can't get away from it :mad: To a sort of mild contempt.

I don't have a problem with it being on, or with other people enjoying it. Just with having it thrown in my face constantly. Its like I'm not allowed to not watch it or dislike it.
    i like things like x factor and pop idol in the earlier stages, because of the humerous singing, and simon can be quite funny when he is being a nasty bugger :D
    I like the start of x factor because they're all mostly gimps who can't sing and it's hilarious.

I like to watch the hour long episodes of big brother to see what's happening though I do go through long periods of not watching it at all. I don't really see the criticism of big brother, sure there are some weirdos who have it on constantly but the hour long episodes actually provide some entertainment, devoting 1 hour of your day to a T.V. show is not sad IMHO.
    So I think we are all agreed that the opening weeks of The X Factor are great, uniting us as the sadistic bastards we are :thumb:

I haven't really been into BB since the second series, but it's alright for occasional viewing I suppose. I don't think the live feed on E4 is necessary, really, but luckily my TV has an "off" button :D
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I enjoy both. They are a bit of mindless entertainment where I get a bit of a laugh.
    HIT wrote:
    Or am I the only one that thinks after 1 or 2 series it is crap?

Am I the only person who thinks that they've always been shit?
    I can't stand Big Brother, don't get the hype. Dpubt I ever will do. As for X-Factor - the only reason why iwatched the 2nd series was because at times, it can be funny.
    I've never seen either. Never heard of x factor and I don't think they have big brother here. And if they did I'd rather shove thorny rose stems up my ass then watch. I praise the stars.
    X Factor is the same kinda thing as your American Idol. I'm sure there's a US BB... or at least used to be :chin:
    Are the first few episodes of x factor filled with laughs and giggles of people humilating themselves in public? In that case, I'd definatly watch the first few. Good times.
    Yesyesyes! That is why I like them so much, indulging the old mean streak and all that :thumb:

I always start to find it boring once it turns into a karaoke competition with them all belting out big band numbers and crying when they get voted off. Blah...
    Yeah, once they chuck out the funnies its lame. Theres been a recent rampage with all these "talent" shows, there too? I love watching the first few. Saw one not too long ago, "so you think you can dance" I had tears from laughing after watching one episode.
    Much on TV is shite. The X-factor is passable - but a hundred times better than Big Brother.

Music is much better. :thumb:
    Am I the only person who thinks that they've always been shit?

No, I agree!
    Actually I think that 90% of TV is crap!
    Big Brother 1 was good...back in 2001. But since then all the rest of them have been just plain stupid. Personally i'm glad that BB6 finally finished...they needed to put that POS out of its misery as soon as possible. Hopefully they won't be stupid enough to come up with a BB7. If they do i will truly be dissappointed in Channel Ten.
    Big Brother is fully of retards that think their become a z-list celeb over night and X-Factor is quite good because it has fit birds on it and some people just cannot sing.
    Now first I must say that I don't watch either of these shows but I have watched them a couple of times and they are quite entertaining especially for watching moronic chavs being moronic chavs.

Anyone else think Nikki's exit from the BB house was the finest piece of television all year? I do.
    Channel 4 took of Fraser to put bb on in the morning. Like it ain't on long enougth anyway. :mad:
    Now first I must say that I don't watch either of these shows but I have watched them a couple of times and they are quite entertaining especially for watching moronic chavs being moronic chavs.
    Yeah, but I can watch that by just looking out of my window, & at least the chavs outside don't have such delusions of grandeur.
    Personally, I think ALL reality tv is crap!

And to be honest, so do most of the people who are involved in making it. I know one of the many directors who is in Fiji making celebrity love island, and he is appalled at having to stoop so low - that said, his previous job wasn't any better - auditioning candidates for that sound of music/maria nonsense over at the beeb!

God preserve us! And pray for light entertainment to revert to making real programmes instead of this cheap to make inane wallpaper.