Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Typos

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Earlier I wanted to type the word "punching". I typed the message and pressed enter to send it; then I saw that I had typed "pubcgesm". No idea how I did that.

What's your worst typos?

EDIT: By "worst" I mean ones that are the most different than the word you meant to type. Not in the sense of "I typed 'naked' instead of 'named' and the sentence got a different meaning".

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Mine? Fuck knows. Probably "orgasm" instead of "organism". Embarassing one that. On my school work ;o

Lol.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    shall we meet outside burger ming in ewwcastle train station
    Talking to Kermit on MSN and writing "just a sec" that came out "just a sex". Made more embarrassing when he repeated this on his LJ :grump:

Also, "marathon" always comes out "marathong", and any word that starts "hea" comes out "heather", as if my fingers are on autopilot to type my name.
    Talking to Kermit on MSN and writing "just a sec" that came out "just a sex". Made more embarrassing when he repeated this on his LJ :grump:

Also, "marathon" always comes out "marathong", and any word that starts "hea" comes out "heather", as if my fingers are on autopilot to type my name.

so what would happen if someone was describing the burning fire that is within the heath? on a cold winters night?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Mine? Fuck knows. Probably "orgasm" instead of "organism". Embarassing one that. On my school work ;o

Lol.

:lol: I dont really no tbh. I think my most recent one was:
    What - eegat

But i dont really take notice of my typos. The only reason i notice that one was because i was reading your thread before i did it and it made me think of you lol
    The one I do the most is 'ij' instead of 'ok'.
    I remember once in a chatroom I said to someone "haha at least I can speel ya dumb fuck" wasn't long before I was out of that room. :D
    Talking to Kermit on MSN and writing "just a sec" that came out "just a sex".

:lol: I always do that!

:lol: A few times, I've gone to write 'anymore' and end up typing 'anyway'. Then there's pressing keys at the wrong time, so I ended up saying stuff like adn.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I remember once in a chatroom I said to someone "haha at least I can speel ya dumb fuck" wasn't long before I was out of that room. :D

:lol: Haha, unlucky! I always check my spelling and check it again if I'm going to make a snidey comment about someone else's :razz:
    thong instead of song, and sex instead of sec.
    mostly I make typos bcos of typing words automatically like other people have said. but i do make typos in text msgs often when drunk.
    once I was drunk and thought i was so clever I could remember where all the letters were on my phone to type a txt in the dark. my message to my (then) b/f came out all like "jioen noejs melhfdt xcd" or something and he was so concerned about how drunk I must be that he left his house and came down to the pub to find me :p
    a while ago when drunk i tried to txt someone "did you call me?" and it came out somehow "did woul u m?" god knows how but that person wont let me forget it :)
    My friend writes completely different sentences to what she means.

My worst is when I'm trying to type and I'm realllly tired and it will cmea ota kle ihst :(
    when writing txts they often recognize the words wrong.

Like "good" always comes up with "home" first... and "of" comes up as "me".
    I just type and type and dont check what I have written, and in the end it makes some horrible sense (or none at all).

but I hardly type my txts in english anymore, so I am quite ok.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I won't be able to explain this in english, but
    My dad sent me a message once, meaning to write "...when you come" and ended up typing "...boom you come".
    Someone once sent me a message on MSN saying, "Are you busty?" They meant busy but their finger slipped.