Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Day 1

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just before I go to the pub I thought I would dare to make a few predictions.
So here goes...

Sheff Utd v Liverpool 0-3
Arsenal v Aston Villa 3-1
Bolton v Spurs 1-1
Newcastle v Wigan 2-1
West Ham v Charlton 1-3
Reading v Middlesbrough 0-2
Portsmouth v Blackburn 1-0
Everton v Watford 0-0
Chelsea v Man City 1-0
Man Utd v Fulham 4-0

Good luck everyone...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That was never a penalty in the Liverpool game. Sheffield should have gone home with three points.
    migpilot wrote:

Sheff Utd v Liverpool 0-3

:lol:

Lucky not to lose.
    Renzo wrote:
    That was never a penalty in the Liverpool game. Sheffield should have gone home with three points.
    Haven't seen it, but I can't wait to see Neil Warnock's post-match interview now.
    Haven't seen it, but I can't wait to see Neil Warnock's post-match interview now.

He wasn't too bad really.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=410888&CPID=8&clid=49&lid=&title=Warnock+laments+pen+decision

Warnock has however claimed that Fowler told him after that Liverpool didn't deserve their penalty. That's controversial.
    Addict wrote:

Lucky not to lose.

yeah the blades dominated and liverpool 's millionaires were total rubbish.
    Renzo wrote:
    That was never a penalty in the Liverpool game.

Yeah it was, the challenge was enough, and the referee did well to try and play advantage first. When he realised that the tackle had stopped Gerrard from scoring then he was right to bring play back and give the freekick.

What you saw there was very good refereeing, which is why I think that some people don't understand the decision. We're not used to such a good decision, so we think it's wrong!
    migpilot wrote:
    Reading v Middlesbrough 0-2
    :o

Reading have won their first premership game for 170 years!

:yippe: I'm from Reading
    Renzo wrote:

Indeed.
    Addict wrote:

Lucky not to lose.

Fucken right!! :blush:

Sheffield United outplayed us in midfield but didn't create enough chances to deserve to win it.
    Penalty was definitely soft although I can see why it was given.
    I have faith we would have equalized anyway.
    Benitez made the wrong decision by not playing Crouch even though Crouch is not 100% fit. And he should have played Pennant from the start.
    Never mind, could have been worse.
    Risse and Cara are out for 2 weeks!

Bring on Maccabi....

And woohoo, Ipswich Town got their first point of the season yesterday!! hehe Awesome!
    Talk about favourtism - I'm sure that ever single decision made in today's game went to Chelsea. And why on earth didn't Essein get sent off?
    Man Utd 5 - 1 Fulham

Rather nice. Should have been more and that cunt Michael Brown should have been sent off for stamping on Giggsy but what can you do.

Looking real good playing classy football, just a pity Rooney and Scholes are out for three matches, all because the FA are a shower of fucking dicks. :banghead:
    Addict wrote:
    Man Utd 5 - 1 Fulham

Rather nice. Should have been more and that cunt Michael Brown should have been sent off for stamping on Giggsy but what can you do.

Looking real good playing classy football, just a pity Rooney and Scholes are out for three matches, all because the FA are a shower of fucking dicks. :banghead:

Fulham were rather pants though, weren't they. ;)

Brown should have been sent off.
    And someone sort out Ronaldo's hair, PLEASE!!!! :nervous: :thumb:
    migpilot wrote:
    Fulham were rather pants though, weren't they. ;)

Brown should have been sent off.
    And someone sort out Ronaldo's hair, PLEASE!!!! :nervous: :thumb:

You can only beat what's put in front of you though. We'll face sterner tests but with 'friends reunited' Rooney and Ronaldo playing well together, we always look dangerous. Shame Rooney's suspended for a while.

Ronaldo can have whatever hairstyle he likes, as long as he keeps playing like he did today. ;)
    1-1 should've won that easy. :grump: Credit to Villa though.
    Braineater wrote:
    1-1 should've won that easy. :grump: Credit to Villa though.

Some sites are saying that Henry is like only 60% fit because of the world cup???
    How come? He wasn't injured or something...
    migpilot wrote:
    Some sites are saying that Henry is like only 60% fit because of the world cup???
    How come? He wasn't injured or something...

I think it is referring to conditioning. After the world cup he would have needed alot of rest after a very busy season. It's likely he's only started training properly very recently. Takes a while for players to reach peak physical fitness.
    Addict wrote:
    Should have been more and that cunt Michael Brown should have been sent off for stamping on Giggsy but what can you do.

See, that's the kind of crap decision that we're used to.
    See, that's the kind of crap decision that we're used to.

The cunt can't even be brought up for it, because the referee gave him a yellow, so it's seen as dealt with.

And yet, Rooney is out for 3 games for grazing his elbow against an opponent's face in a fucking pre-season tournament.
    The Rooney thing is harsh. Its almost the same as banning someone if they were sent off in the Champions League qualifiers or the world cup.
    Why are bans from friendly games carried over to the EPL season? Seems odd seeing that they're both 2 different things...
    Sofie wrote:
    Why are bans from friendly games carried over to the EPL season? Seems odd seeing that they're both 2 different things...

Because the FA are a pack of dicks and didn't overturn the cards despite them being in a meaningless pre-season kick about.

The very fact it's a friendly competition means it's totally unimportant - a warm-up for conditioning, nothing more. Fergie has vowed to never play in it again and he's totally right.

The referee was stupid for sending the players off in the first place. It's a friendly for fuck sake, but some arsehole ref decides to act the big man and make himself look authoritive. He's worse than the incompetent wankers at the FA.
    The FA had to ban the two players as the red cards were reported to them by the referee and the Dutch FA. A lot of discretion has been taken away from the FA by UEFA and especially the morons at FIFA.

The referee is the bloke to blame, nobody else. Scholes especially doesn't have a leg to stand on as he was sent off for two blatant yellow cards, although Rooney shouldn't have seen red for having some diving Portuguese mong run into his elbow.

The ref wanted to make a name for himself, and did that by handing out red cards, and then reporting it. Especially as all tradition is that red cards are not used- offending players are forcibly subbed- and any red cards are not reported. Once the ref reports it the FA have to act, to not act is breaking the rules.
    Addict wrote:
    I think it is referring to conditioning. After the world cup he would have needed alot of rest after a very busy season. It's likely he's only started training properly very recently. Takes a while for players to reach peak physical fitness.

I got a problem with that. He's had the most rest out of all Arsenal players that were in the World Cup.
    Gerrard's played more games than him last season. And he was back playing 3 weeks after the last England game. And he is perfectly fit right now.
    Henry had time for commercial appointments though, didn't he....

I am not going anywhere specific with this, it just seems strange to me.
    That's all.
    Well we got royally shit on by Chelsea. They didn't even play that well, and still managed to win 3-0. Essien should've been sent off. If pulling someone's hair isn't worth a ban, I don't know what is. I did like the effort some of our players put in though, especially Sinclair, Dickov , Dabo and Corradi (maybe a bit too much effort in his case) but it was obvious we lacked the class.

We've got two players in our squad who can actually spot a pass (Reyna and Ireland) and no-one with any pace or movement to actually pass it to. It's clear that we need a left winger and someone in the Malbranque mould to make us into a decent side. It's frustrating having all that height and physical presence without anyone who can deliver a killer ball. Having said that, I'll be disappointed if we don't get 3 points off Pompey at home on Wednesday.
    Well we got royally shit on by Chelsea. They didn't even play that well, and still managed to win 3-0. Essien should've been sent off. If pulling someone's hair isn't worth a ban, I don't know what is.

Didn't Crouch do that in the World Cup? ;)

And you might be surprised by Portsmouth....