Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Straightening kit

JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
Considering the amount of threads we have had on this board about hair straighteners, I thought this might be of interest to some of you - Boots straighten.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'll let someone else try it first and then they can tell me whether it's worth it. :p

i probably won't anyway as i'd still need to straighten my unruly mane.
  • Options
    Not that I want to chemically straighten my hair but pah! what bullshite! That product says it is based on the japanese hair straightening system, which is suitable for afro-car hair, and yet their product states that it isn't. hmm? also, it's a bit dodgy that they've labelled Miss-nearly-poker-straight-brunette with pale skin and flowing locks as "normal"- what does that make everyone else? ab-normal?

I have of course emailed them with these comments and await their reply... (worded a bit better though of course)

It's abit crap that Boots doesn't cater for afro hair, at least not in my town it doesn't.
  • Options
    My sister in law spends a fortune on getting her hair yukoed once a year (around £400 or something stupid) and swears its worth it - you litterally never need to bother with straighteners and don't even have to blow dry apparently (she had really quite curly hair to start with).

However i'm sure the thing you do at home will never be as good as what you get in the salon and also I don't think i'd trust myself not to make a terrible mistake.
  • Options
    I've entered the competition, if I win, I will willingly experiment and let you all know.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I've entered the competition, if I win, I will willingly experiment and let you all know.

Ditto! :)
  • Options
    I think I will wait until someone elses tries it before I even think about buying it.
  • Options
    I was thiking about this in the shower this morning - god knows why - anyway i came to the conclusion that its probably quite good as a product but the problem as with most things you can get home kits for is normally the person applying them rather than the product itself.
  • Options
    Their response to my message on 16th was:
    "Thank you for contacting us. Your email is very important to us and has arrived safely. If you need to contact us again, please quote your customer reference number *******.

We aim to reply to all emails as quickly as we can and usually within two working days. If you need to hear from us immediately, please call us instead, on 0845 070 8090. Our opening hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.00pm Saturday and Sunday and 10.00am - 4.00pm on Bank Holidays."

It is now the 21st and no reply...