Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

MDMA origins revealed

JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
Thought this would be an interesting read for some of you, and useful as a way of clearing up the myths around the origins of ecstacy - Truth about ecstacy's unlikely trip from lab to dance floor. From todays' Guardian.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've not heard of it as an appetite suppressant, I always heard it was developed as a heart medication.
    Interestingly MDMA is methamphetamine with NO2 added.
    budda wrote:

so like a car, add NO2, and it goes faster:crazyeyes
    budda wrote:

That is interesting!
    Stange how un-speedy MDMA is considering. I mean if you get good MDMA you can sleep on it and everything and you don't feel tired or burnt out etc the next day.
    Uprising wrote:
    That is interesting!
    Stange how un-speedy MDMA is considering. I mean if you get good MDMA you can sleep on it and everything and you don't feel tired or burnt out etc the next day.

It is a bit odd really, but then if you look at all of that group of drugs they do have a very similar chemical structure.

That isnt how you make MDMA by the way, at least I dont think it is.
    I always thought methamphetamine was developed as the appitite suppressant by the germans and later used in war. It's effects seemed perfect. Supressing appitite and keeping soliders alert. Interesting stuff
    I always thought methamphetamine was developed as the appitite suppressant by the germans and later used in war. It's effects seemed perfect. Supressing appitite and keeping soliders alert. Interesting stuff

No, contrary to popular myths methamphetamine was not developed by the Nazi's, its quite a bit older than that and was actually first made in Japan.

The Germans just came up with a better way of making it thats all. And Hitler was a big fan.