Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting caught at festivals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I suspect they can but need someone to confirm whether or not sniffer-dogs can detect pills.

Festivals are coming up. Paranoia. Chances of the car being searched on arrival/being searched on entering? I've only been to two festivals before and haven't seen anything like it.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont think it will take sniffer dogs to find them, depending on what festivel your off to.

Leeds fest is doing serious security checks to get in and are even having security and or police patrol the grounds for anyone with drugs as well. At least that is what they are saying they are doing this year...whether they bother is a different matter.
    oh they are, ive been speaking to the people who i worked for at a couple of leeds festivals, and it seems that the impression they are getting is of totalitarian fest
    Yeah they can sniff out pills. Friend rcently got caught with various stuff going to Global Gathering, although they're mroe expecting that sort of thing at a dance festival so might have been more alert cos of that.
    MrG wrote:
    oh they are, ive been speaking to the people who i worked for at a couple of leeds festivals, and it seems that the impression they are getting is of totalitarian fest

Bugger!
    my mate got caught off security at thebigchill last week, they took his coke and pills, let him keep his blaze and told him to be carefull. didnt get evicted. he managed to buy more in there.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've been sniffed out by dogs befoer whilst carrying pills though I was also carrying a large lump of dope aswell.

I was arrested and they let me go with a caution. Not too bad reall.
    Weekender Offender 
    They will try and bust you, but if you get caught you are likely to get off relatively easy because of the number of people getting caught.

However, a caution, especially if you are an adult is not something to just laugh off.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Indeed.

BTW, when did you change your name? Am I just being really slow?
    LadyJade wrote:
    Indeed.

BTW, when did you change your name? Am I just being really slow?

past few days (recently)
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Thank goodness, I'm not loosing it.... I like it much better. More sage-like....
    LadyJade wrote:
    Thank goodness, I'm not loosing it.... I like it much better. More sage-like....

I got Helen to do it for me, I just didnt really like the bong bit anymore, it just didnt suit.
    You know getting caught when your not an Adult wouldnt be much fun either if your parents found out about it...just to put it into perspective for some people who think its no problem if they are still young.

Not me though, im an adult...and im not going to any festivels :(
    subject13 wrote:
    You know getting caught when your not an Adult wouldnt be much fun either if your parents found out about it...just to put it into perspective for some people who think its no problem if they are still young.

If you are 16 or 17 then you should be able to take the charge by yourself and you have the choice as to whether you tell your parents. But in a large number of cases the police will phone them anyway, contrary to your rights.
    I know it is spiteful, but just this one time, i wish one person does get caught with Weed by the police and DOES have their parents called...who? My Ex! Bitter aint i? Though i can only dream...will never happen.
    :eek2: