Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Guess what, a poop question!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't judge, we all have problems.

So anyway, I've decided that my stabbing intestional pains the last two days is because of nonpoopyness. So I've gone and taken some exlax 12 hours ago. It said it would work in 6-12 hours. It hasn't. I got some cramps earlier, but that was just gas :p

So do I take more pills? Should I stay home from work? I don't want to crap myself whilst spreadsheeting. Any suggestions? I hurt :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How much over the 12 hours is it?
    About 7 minutes :p After the initial cramps about an hour ago, nothing. I'm impatient.
    lol give it a bit more time.
    Does it say you can take it again after so long? I would give it at least a few more hours.
    It says you can take it once or twice daily, so I guess it means you can or cannot take it again after the 12 hours :p

Thanks hun, I'll give it a few more :) No need to rush. I don't want to work anywyas.
    I keep getting the most painful cramps and pains! Is this normal? I've never taken a laxative before. Oh god. I havn't even eaten anything yet as the pain from food is worse but this is horrid! And I still cannot poop!

What the hell causes this! Dear lord.
    Sit on the toilet with a big book and relax
    pure apple juice is good for constipation. Drink a litre of it, should help things on their natural course.
    I don't know what normal as i have never taken one but i hope things are better now.
    take a handfull then go for a jog...
    icey wrote:
    take a handfull then go for a jog...

Do I have to bring a bag with me :p
    If the law is you get fined for not picking up your dogs poo, will they fine me for not picking up my own poo?
    Coffee always makes me poop, until I had it the other day, didn't poop but got real bad poop cramps :p Thats how I guessed I had a problem :p

Thank you all for your help :) Hopefully it passes soon ;)
    Are there prescription strength laxatives? The cramps have gone, but its still been since Monday or Tuesday, that I"ve gone. I forgot to write which day specifically in my diary. Give it probably a week more. But would I be stupid to go to the doctor because I can't poop? What can they do for you in that situation anyways?
    Yes you should go to the doctor about it, they should be able to give you something to help. It's not good to go for long without going.
    eat a burrito, attack with force.
    Are you still on Effexor? This can really fuck up your pooing.
    aw mate, hope you are ok :(
    a litre of orange juice, or two.

Lots of sugar free sweeties, find the ones that say excessive consumption can cause laxative effects because they really do mean it.