Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Aches and pains all over

Had alot of random aches and pains recently, the most annoying of all is my throat dries up if I don't have a drink every 30 mins ish, which is really irritating because it's getting really sore. Also, not sure if it's in any way connected, probably not, but I've been getting period like pains for the past week or so and I'm not due until early next week. Aswell as that had sore nipples and breasts. Another sign of periods I know, but also been extremely emotional and tired, been sleeping really really badly and getting alot of cramp in my legs and back ache.
What's going on with me? I'm 18 not 80! Probably just pre-period stuff and then maybe getting the flu or something too hence the throat thing but just thought I'd see if anyone could offer any advice. Anything?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Janjan wrote:
    Had alot of random aches and pains recently, the most annoying of all is my throat dries up if I don't have a drink every 30 mins ish, which is really irritating because it's getting really sore. Also, not sure if it's in any way connected, probably not, but I've been getting period like pains for the past week or so and I'm not due until early next week. Aswell as that had sore nipples and breasts. Another sign of periods I know, but also been extremely emotional and tired, been sleeping really really badly and getting alot of cramp in my legs and back ache.
    What's going on with me? I'm 18 not 80! Probably just pre-period stuff and then maybe getting the flu or something too hence the throat thing but just thought I'd see if anyone could offer any advice. Anything?
    Sounds like you hormones. Drink plenty of fluids & supplement with plenty of antioxidents, that should ease the flu like symptoms.
  • Options
    sounds promising janjan. let us know how it goes. Which day are u due on?
  • Options
    due on about sunday/monday hence why i thought it was abit strange getting period pains up to 2 weeks before nearly. Not something I usually experience anyway.
  • Options
    I second what scc said. Let us know how it goes.
    It could be a virus though, i have had simliar recently, but fingers crossed.
  • Options
    have been sleeping so much recently! and my back is absolutely killing me from stood doing the washing up. so not feelin much better yet either.
    I apologise for the ranting but it somehow makes me feel better.
  • Options
    why is my body messing with me so much?

I know people probably don't care anymore because I've gone on about it so much but I don't know what to think. My period is due tomorrow ish and I've had slight period pains since the last post, but felt emotional enough to cry over the beef being out of date yesterday. Now I woke up today and I feel sick and my back hurts. Considering we've been trying for a baby I think my body is taking the mick abit, I don't know what to think and I can't get a pregnancy test because it could be bringing on dissapointment, plus if I do this month I may have to every month and they aint cheap!
  • Options
    You can get pregnancy tests from poundland and wilkinsons and theyre exactly the same sensitivity as the more expensive tests (ive read all the labels)
    Tbh I think youre symptoms sound promising, so id get a test if i were you!!
  • Options
    You can also buy dipstick pregnancy tests in bulk online. Like Tweety said, it could be a virus, but those do sound like promising symptoms.
  • Options
    Go buy a bulk of pregnancy tests and do one.Good luck
  • Options
    if i'm not due until tomorrow a normal pregnancy test wouldn't pick it up would it?
  • Options
    Janjan wrote:
    if i'm not due until tomorrow a normal pregnancy test wouldn't pick it up would it?

If you are experiencing signs that are strong enough to make you think you are i would imagine a pregnancy test could pick it up too.
  • Options
    only one way to find out i guess.
  • Options
    Yup. Let us know how you get on. Either way at least you will know.
    If you are unsure about it showing up, get a first responce one.
  • Options
    i tested 2 days before my period was due with a cheap test from wilkinsons, and it picked it up fine.
    They can pick it up 4 days in advance.
  • Options
    Just been to the pharmacy, the woman there said even though I've been getting pains and feeling abit sick and been extremely tired it's hard to tell because it's not far from usual period symptoms. Anyway I bought a cheat test, not an early response one though, and it came up negative. So guess I aint. Good thing is though I'm not as gutted and upset as I thought I might be. Having said that, there may still be a chance if it was a cheap test and I'm not late I guess?
  • Options
    if you dont come on within a couple of days then take another test.
    Its a pain though and i know your body can play nasty tricks on you when youre TTC.
    I dont know what pharmacy cheap tests are like, all i know is that the wilkos ones and the poundland ones have the same sensitivity as early response, but who knows if theyre all like that.
  • Options
    ah well, will just have to keep trying. not all that bad eh. If I aint on by sunday though I shall definately be updating you all on the 2nd lot of results.
  • Options
    *sends baby dust*
  • Options
    any news? Did you come on?
  • Options
    nah not yet. not sure what to think now. been getting period-like pains still though. If I haven't by time I finish work tomorrow I'll go to the drs and see what they say. *Fingers crossed*
  • Options
    so youve been getting all these pregnancy symptoms and your period is 2 days late?

ooooh. let us know how it goes tommorow.
  • Options
    Will do, tho as I said before I did a test the day before I was due (not an early response one) which showed negative. Not sure wether to just accept that it's more than likely just negative and I'm just late. I mean it was a day before so how likely is it going to be accurate?
  • Options
    Janjan wrote:
    Will do, tho as I said before I did a test the day before I was due (not an early response one) which showed negative. Not sure wether to just accept that it's more than likely just negative and I'm just late. I mean it was a day before so how likely is it going to be accurate?
    Clear blue told me i wasn't pregnant 2 days before i was due. First responce said i was.
  • Options
    will have to see what the dr's say tomorrow. Any idea how the drs test? Do they just send you off with a test or take a urine sample?
  • Options
    Janjan wrote:
    will have to see what the dr's say tomorrow. Any idea how the drs test? Do they just send you off with a test or take a urine sample?

Well i paid the £5 they charge if want it done there and then. I took a sample with me.
  • Options
    what in? :S you have urine pots scattred around the house because i dont. lol will probably jsut have to buy a test then, don't want to wait a day or anything really. Would be gutted if I had to wait and came on during waiting. Would rather know if I wasn't straight away. Got period pain right now actually :( Tho I hear it's similar to random pregnancy pain.
  • Options
    I had period type pains for a week or two before and about a week in.
    I asked for a pot at reception actually and went in the loo and did it before i went in to see the doc ;)
    I suggest you go get a first responce one or see if your docs do the ones you pay and wait for.
    Personally i am too impatient to wait lol
    Good luck, i really hope its your turn this time :)
  • Options
    i'm impatient too but the way we see it is the sooner we do it if it's negative we're bringin on the dissapointment. lol. tho i did do one earlier so i aint that patient. Will ask tomorrow, and buy one on the way out if they can't do it there and then. Hope we are tho :)
  • Options
    Let us know how it goes :)
  • Options
    Will do as soon as I know and get home. *Fingers crossed*