Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Have you been in Russia?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Have you been in Russia? Where? What are your impressions?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Twice. I absolutely LOVE Russia. I'm studying Russian at University and it's brilliant. I've just spent 4 months in Krasnodar and Moscow and I can't wait to go back, particularly to Moscow. Nothing more really to be said. Я очень, очень люблю Россию!
  • Options
    Twice. I absolutely LOVE Russia. I'm studying Russian at University and it's brilliant. I've just spent 4 months in Krasnodar and Moscow and I can't wait to go back, particularly to Moscow. Nothing more really to be said. Я очень, очень люблю Россию!
    It's interesting. Have you been there as a tourist? Or you have Russian relatives? I know many ppl in Russia and know Russian but I haven't been there. Очень жду поездки и волнуюсь.
  • Options
    The lasting memory of Russia for me was on the night train on a school trip. Not to be repeated!
  • Options
    Oh the trains are fantastic! Especially the restaurant cars as there's not much else to do. Good food, good people, good laughs.
  • Options
    I REALLY want to go to Russia. I studied it at uni last year and loved it! How do you type in Russian?
  • Options
    Fucking slowly. It's getting better but still nothing like how fast I can type in English or Spanish.
  • Options
    I've just spent the past year in Russia as part of my university course (I study Russian, surprisingly enough). When I flew out in September I knew next to nothing about the place and was pretty sure I wasn't going to like it, but in fact I LOVED it. I think it's the kind of place you have a strong opinion about one way or the other - Thunderstruck and I are obviously very impressed by it :)

I was studying in St Petersburg and Moscow. I was told that you should find you have a definite preference between the two, but I love them both. I think St Petersburg is a more interesting tourist destination - I went back three times after I finished studying there, and even now there are still things I haven't visited. But Moscow is a vibrant capital and a great place to live.
    Fucking slowly.

I'll second that! I'm typing up a 2,000 word essay at the moment, it's taking hooooooooooours.