Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Age of cigarettes and knives going up to 18

12346»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's a good idea tbh. Especially the knives. I did a test purchasing at a shop who sells all sorts of knives. The police had caught kids with knives on them and when they asked where the got them from they pointed out the same guy. I went in and through to the bit where all the knives where and there were loads of them, hung up on the walls, on the shelves and in the display cabinits. All sorts of different ones! Some the size of the ones they use in lord of the rings! It was actually scary being in there thinking a 16 year old can buy something like this! 20 minutes later i came out with a hunting knife which was 8inches long for what i said was for a "d of e expedition"!! It was incredible that he sold it to be, with no question of my age! Unfortunatly they couldn't take him to court because they could use my age (im 15 and was when i did it) because i was too close to 16! :mad: I think it doesn't matter, he sold it to someone under the legal age and he should get done for that!! (i've not been on in ages! :p )
    Good idea, but what about the 17 year olds that are already addicted?
    My heart bleeds for them, truly it does.:rolleyes:
    My heart bleeds for them, truly it does.:rolleyes:

any less than a 21 year old or a 25 year old then?

nice view of young people you have