Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Problems as a result of drugs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'll start...

Anxiety, depression, derealisation, depersonalisation, delusions, paranoia, HPPD, trip to pych suspected mood disorder, self medication causing diazepam addiction, electric shocks, sleep paralysis, myclonic jerks, could probably go on but that's the main things.

Drugs: Smoking dope heavily since 13, taking pills/speed/loads of all nighters/raves starting at 15

Done acid, nothing negative came because of that and had a dihydrocodeine addiction and done a lot of coke. Oh and I've drank heavily since I was 14.

Yeah I've done a fair bit but I wouldn't change a thing, I've learnt a lot about people and myself. I feel okay and I'm still recovering from it all really but I feel better and better all the time but I still continue to do coke,benzos, occaisional opiates, pills regularly and the odd spliff now and again. Still drink a lot and do at least one all nighter a week.

Sounds bad written down but I'm honestly ok...been through shit and got over it. I believe it was all just a bit of anxiety coming from stim abuse and smoking dope at such a young age.

I'd love to see a scan of my brain see if there's any damage.

Reckon I've done myself in?! Haha

Whats your story? I know a few people on here have got one to tell?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HPPD, poor memory, decreased motivation and sleep paralysis.

I'd say that's all outbalanced by the good tho'.
    Yeah same here.
    hmm ive had nearly all your problems at one time or another .. i blame the ecstasy for the sleep paralysis, HPPD and depression .. the other main thing which a few people have got too is sharp head pains .. i find i get them during the week after taking ecstasy so there is definatly a link

i think the cannabis was the cause for the majority of anxiety and paranoia

tbh at times ive felt ways that i couldnt even explain its quite strange

i still go on the rip every weekend but its usually only drink and a bit of smoke .. its starting to turn into serious binge drinking at weekends which is worrying me, im still hungover from the weekend

the anxiety and paranoia were probably the worst .. and feeling like absolutely nothing when i was a real e head.. like i was looking out of someone elses eyes.. felt so.. i dunno .. empty or something

its quite difficult to say what caused what because i was doing everything at once .. and i only think i got a lot of these problems because there was a period when i was really caining the fuck out of everything

the HPPD is the only thing that didnt fuck off after i cut down considerably .. and a bit of anxiety from time to time but thats usually when i smoke .. im used to the HPPD now it doesnt really bother me that much (its definatly more noticeable after taking drugs or a good smoke though)

the sleep paralysis and feelin that i was goin a wee bit mad at times was scariest .. but that was during the real bad period and i dont get those problems anymore

in sayin all that, ive had some amazing times and ill take it all as a learning expierence

oh and lsd defniatly changed the way i think about certain stuff.. not so much in a negative way i just have a different perspective about a lot of things
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    This is a question for all of you really, in retrospect, would you have taken the amounts and types of drugs you have, knowing how it would make you feel now?
    I def blame my sleep paralysis on ecstasy. Apart from the slight depression and tiredness on come downs, I dont think its really affected me that much.
    LadyJade wrote:
    This is a question for all of you really, in retrospect, would you have taken the amounts and types of drugs you have, knowing how it would make you feel now?

Probably wouldn't take as much magic mushrooms which made my HPPD go from mild to severe. Other than that, couldn't give a fuck, every drug experience is a good one in the long run.

Problems:Anxiety, find it very hard to breath, I attribute this to HPPD. HPPD-Complete nuts but well used to it now, scary sometimes, actually developing new visuals lately when trying to sleep, wee green lines form loads of circles, quite scary. Other than that, I'm alrite with it. Twitching, could be due to anxiety or just taking too many drugs, I ten to twitch my shoulders and blink my eyes a lot which I don't like. Never got paranoia in my life. Maybe just a lucky one. Complete alteration of perception of reality, get depersonalisation the odd time which leads to panic attakcs. Sleep paralysis, though had it before drug use but definately makes it more prevelant, still get it now and don't even take yokes ffs. Oh and got them head pains Zo1 was on about.

Other than all that shit, drugs were FUCKING class! :D

I know some people would read what we wrote and think, "how could you do that shit?" but if they could even experience being on E's for 5 minutes they'd take it all back.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I know some people would read what we wrote and think, "how could you do that shit?" but if they could even experience being on E's for 5 minutes they'd take it all back.

But the problems you've had were largely to do with how you used MDMA, not with MDMA itself.
    budda wrote:
    But the problems you've had were largely to do with how you used MDMA, not with MDMA itself.

I know, what's your point? I know everyone should take them responsibly but when you're actually taking them, in the environment you're taking them and with the people you're taking..they become smarties, more more more! :shocking: :D
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I know, what's your point? I know everyone should take them responsibly but when you're actually taking them, in the environment you're taking them and with the people you're taking..they become smarties, more more more! :shocking: :D

I guess I was just trying to suggest to others who might be reading this that your side effects are niether the norm, or inevitable for users of MDMA.
    budda wrote:
    I guess I was just trying to suggest to others who might be reading this that your side effects are niether the norm, or inevitable for users of MDMA.

And neither are things like HPPD from prolonged use. It varies from person to person, all I have to say is that drugs are some fucking buzz and it's something that I think everyone should try at least once in their lives.
    LadyJade wrote:

quite possibly as i really did not give a fuck at the time
    Poor memory, lack of motivation due to smoking and feeling like shite on comedowns, sometimes get twitches at night when trying to sleep and a type of zap feeling when taken too many the weekend before.

I've never gotten sleep paralysis or hppd yet thank god.

The answer to ladyjade, i probably shouldn't have smoked so much ganga i'd have alot more money and a fresher memory, i've only taken acid around 4 or 5 times and the same for mushies, if not less, it's the pills and smoke i take alot more and the odd bit of toot.
    aye those head zaps can be mad, some times i hardly get them the week after other times my heads zapping like fuck every few seconds

and ive fuck all motivation and a head like a sieve too cuz of the amount of blow ive smoked/smoke
    Shogun wrote:
    Poor memory.

Definately ya big gimp, you tell some stories countless times as if you've never told me.

I've always had a good memory so drugs never affected that department thankfully.
    It pisses me off when my head is fuzzy and I can't remember things or think straight, but generally that's only in the week or so after caning it. More of a practical thing than anything else, as it makes simple problems become much more difficult to deal with.

Apart from that I haven't really had many problems. Usually just general fucked-upness from using many substances at once, and at fairly high doses. Sometimes feeling messy and twisted from the high doses is nice, but sometimes you just want a nice clean buzz, and can't get it 'cos you have to munch too many to achieve the same effect. That's one good thing about not being able to cane it over here - my tolerance will be rock bottom when I come back!
    I have done more drugs than most.. my mantra was always more.... then the drugs took me.. I have been busting my hump for years trying to overcome the crap that I brought on with the dope.... missed a lot.. avoided my life...couldnt have areal relationship... was a worthless employee and on it goes
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I probably havn't done my head or body any good over the years of using, especially with the way I used to take pills. But I wouldn't take any of it back. I've had a fucking good time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Skive wrote:
    I probably havn't done my head or body any good over the years of using, especially with the way I used to take pills. But I wouldn't take any of it back. I've had a fucking good time.

Yea same with me, although i have given hard drugs a rest for a bit, and still i feel a little head fucked i don't regret any of them in my life. The way i look at it is i have had alot of fun off drugs (some of the best times of my life) and i take them knowing the consiquences. So why not take them?
    I've never had any long term problems I don't think but I have on occasion truley belived I was dying and once after taking some speed it was really cold on the way home and my lips turned blue which was really bloody scary - apparently I looked like i was dead.

It wasn't the last time i took it but every other time i was so convinced i might die this time it wasn't any fun. Not helped by having a boyfriend who had ended up in hospital as a result of too much speed taking and almost died who liked to remind me of the fact on every occasion.

I don't regret any of the stuff i did though - but i have seen some people seriously fuck up thier lives through taking too many drugs and i'm very glad i'm not one of them.
    ^MattLiverpool.

Sounds like you weren't getting some very nice coke, I've never heard of anything as extensive as that. Unless you already had nose bleeds and cained it?
    Uprising wrote:
    ^MattLiverpool.

Sounds like you weren't getting some very nice coke, I've never heard of anything as extensive as that. Unless you already had nose bleeds and cained it?

Cocaine will damage the nose and in some people this will mean more nose bleeds. Just getting a nose bleed is no indication of quality, cocaine is quite causic.
    Never thought the good stuff wasn't too harsh on your nose? Just speaking from experience, when I've had the poorer stuff it's clogged and hurt my nose more than nicer sniff. I knew it damaged your nose but for you to have nosebleeds continuing after use (and it doesn't sound like he's done a great deal) seems a little strange unless he already suffered from nosebleeds.

Either way, that must piss you of to no end! I've only ever blown blood out of my nose never had a full on nosebleed, not very nice!
    ive never had a nose bleed in my entire life.. am i the only one!?
    Uprising wrote:
    Never thought the good stuff wasn't too harsh on your nose? Just speaking from experience, when I've had the poorer stuff it's clogged and hurt my nose more than nicer sniff. I knew it damaged your nose but for you to have nosebleeds continuing after use (and it doesn't sound like he's done a great deal) seems a little strange unless he already suffered from nosebleeds.

Either way, that must piss you of to no end! I've only ever blown blood out of my nose never had a full on nosebleed, not very nice!

I've only blown blood out as well, but i find it's usually worse with stronger stuff. Also heard from someone who was in S America recently that the coke over there guarantees a nose-bleed.
    No z01, i#'ve nbever had a nose bleed either, unless i got in bust open/ lol
    Serious liver failure after taking pills that had to result in me having a liver transplant.

and no im not joking