Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ex Winding Me Up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

An ex of mine tends to wind me up each time they speak to me on msn and its starting to annoy me. Reckon I should just block them?

Comments

• Options
    no need to block them that will make them feel like theyve managed to get to you, which in the "mind of the ex" (especially the pissed off ex) is one of the best things ever.

still talk to them but if they start saying anything horrible just either dont reply or make your excuses and leave- make them feel bad. you having to quickly leave cos youve just seen the time and are going out with your mates in half hour is going to piss them off more if their stuck in at home than you blocking them.

probably just trying to keep your attention anyway to be honest.
  • Options
    no need to block them that will make them feel like theyve managed to get to you, which in the "mind of the ex" (especially the pissed off ex) is one of the best things ever.

But they don't actually know you've blocked them. As far as they know, you're not online.
  • Options

still talk to them but if they start saying anything horrible just either dont reply or make your excuses and leave- make them feel bad. you having to quickly leave cos youve just seen the time and are going out with your mates in half hour is going to piss them off more if their stuck in at home than you blocking them.

probably just trying to keep your attention anyway to be honest.

Well this one is from a year ago...Just find them a pain as they tend to mention things every now and then about us. Dont mind chatting as long as its just about general stuff. Thats the problem with exs they know how to annoy you. See what you mean though.
  • Options
    oh yeah:blush:

but id find it abit iffy if all of a sudden someone who was on there a lot was never on there. also youve got the risk of someone saying that your on there,

*acknowledges the feeble excuses;) *
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Just block him, to him he will just think you don't go online no more unless he does a block checker, that will be the only way he will find out.
  • Options
    If he's upsetting you then block him. Do what's right for you.

Who cares what he thinks?
  • Options
    yeah just block him. I would.
    Who cares if he thinks hes won. I doubt hed think that anyway. Hed think either a) i wonder why shes not online anymore, or
    b) oh, shes blocked me. probably because i kept winding her up. damn.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Hi,

An ex of mine tends to wind me up each time they speak to me on msn and its starting to annoy me. Reckon I should just block them?
    the rick is to not let it wind you up or not let them know, turn around and wind them up (lots of men are so easy to wind up), then block them.
    Satisfaction guaranteed.
  • Options
    i'd block him :yes:
    there wouldn't be much point not to if he's seriously pissing you off
  • Options
    I blocked my ex cos he would always bring up stuff about our relationship, or if i even mentioned another guy he'd compare them to him and how he was better than them, or he'd put them down - even though he'd never met them.

Annoyed me so I blocked and deleted him from MSN - now I don't have to talk to him ever again. Only way he can contact me is via e-mail or txt and it's a simple 'delete' when he does :)